Forum Features: Your Opinion Wanted!

Besides EBR, what other ebike forums do you use?

• electricbike.com

Votes: 16 16.0%
  • ebikesforum.com

Votes: 9 9.0%
  • bikeforums.net

Votes: 13 13.0%
  • emtbforums.com

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • Reddit

Votes: 29 29.0%
  • Facebook

Votes: 28 28.0%
  • Other (I'll say which site in the comments)

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • None

Votes: 37 37.0%

• Total voters
We actually stopped charging for our reviews about six months ago, this does limit how many bikes we can cover but we're all about quality over quantity. That's the ideal setup - not charging for reviews helps us to be as objective and unbiased as possible. Since we have a small team it's not like we can cover all the bikes anyways. We've always done our best to be unbiased even when getting paid for reviews... but some people will always be skeptical when we get paid by the manufacturer to produce the review.

Many, many bike companies offer some sort of affiliate program or discount link to us, but we always refuse those. Having a vested interest in the bike selling well would make it really tough to be objective! Even when we did charge for reviews it would be a flat rate paid in advance, so that we wouldn't have a financial incentive to endorse them.

I don't find charging a company for reviewing their product unreasonable. Some older/retired people here may not understand this but you guys are putting a lot of effort in EBR and you should be getting something in return to keep on doing this. That being said, there may be other monetization models which will still keep you free of manufacturers' pressure.

@Court, you and @Angela M. are doing a great job at maintaining these forums. Hopefully EBR will get bigger and you will be rewarded for your efforts as you deserve.

Almost on topic ... I actually like the LBS ads at the bottom..
I'm glad to hear it! We've put a ton of effort into our LBS ads, there's more of them on the main review site but they're always out of the way, and relevant to visitors general location and the brand being looked at. Some manufacturers do work with us to list all of their dealers, but the vast majority of LBS listings on EBR are small local businesses. This used to be a paid service (though very affordable at $17 per month) but this year we added a free tier for shops that just want to be listed in our master Shop Directory. If your LBS wants to join, send them my way!

@Court, you and @Angela M. are doing a great job at maintaining these forums. Hopefully EBR will get bigger and you will be rewarded for your efforts as you deserve.
Thanks for your kind words! We are growing steadily, it's exciting to see!

I'm glad to hear it! We've put a ton of effort into our LBS ads, there's more of them on the main review site but they're always out of the way, and relevant to visitors general location and the brand being looked at. Some manufacturers do work with us to list all of their dealers, but the vast majority of LBS listings on EBR are small local businesses. This used to be a paid service (though very affordable at $17 per month) but this year we added a free tier for shops that just want to be listed in our master Shop Directory. If your LBS wants to join, send them my way!

Thanks for your kind words! We are growing steadily, it's exciting to see!
I have visited almost all the LBS that you listed in my area. That's over 50 miles in any direction (and almost 100 miles one direction) from me. I think most bike shops would be happy with pulling people in from 50 to 100 miles away....

I have visited almost all the LBS that you listed in my area. That's over 50 miles in any direction (and almost 100 miles one direction) from me. I think most bike shops would be happy with pulling people in from 50 to 100 miles away....
Yes, I'd think so too! 100 miles is the range limit for our shop locator, although we do have an upgraded 300 mile tier... there's some shops that are in very lightly populated areas, and the only shop for hundreds of miles around.

A comment option that stays with the post it's made to rather than a reply added to the end of all the other replies. More of a one on one conversation option in regards to the specific post instead of the thread itself. Pictures don't carry forward in quotes (at least not on my phone) so the comment option might work better for that too.

I post on youtube comments as thats where I got most of my info to make my original bike purchase, unfortunately. This forum has been MUCH more accurate in diagnosis as well as getting the ebike company to listen to us when we have collective issues under what should be the warranty period. I will be sure others buying bikes find out about the known issues by brand forum here. I am greatful the forum exists and that so many qualified people choose to take the time to post and help others. Thank you all!

A comment option that stays with the post it's made to rather than a reply added to the end of all the other replies. More of a one on one conversation option in regards to the specific post instead of the thread itself. Pictures don't carry forward in quotes (at least not on my phone) so the comment option might work better for that too.
This is called threaded comments IIRC. I like them, most don't.

Yes, I'd think so too! 100 miles is the range limit for our shop locator, although we do have an upgraded 300 mile tier... there's some shops that are in very lightly populated areas, and the only shop for hundreds of miles around.
We refer to this area as "Pennsyl tucky" and it's equally inaccessible from anywhere.

I post on youtube comments as thats where I got most of my info to make my original bike purchase, unfortunately. This forum has been MUCH more accurate in diagnosis as well as getting the ebike company to listen to us when we have collective issues under what should be the warranty period. I will be sure others buying bikes find out about the known issues by brand forum here. I am greatful the forum exists and that so many qualified people choose to take the time to post and help others. Thank you all!
I never even heard of this forum until after I bought my Allant+7. I looked for well-supported, well known bike makers in my area and waited until it looked like their design/support was mature. Then I tested the one I really liked and boom, fell in love with it. Far from perfect but the Trek/Bosch combination is certainly a winner for me. If I’d have paid lots of attention to this forum I’d have probably made a mistake because ebikes are such an individual choice.

Seriously? Those with far more wisdom and decades of experience see right through your blather.
Actually, our "Old School' contributors are a rather bright bunch, that's why they are here. like to hear a little more from the Ladies though.

Sounds like Appalachia!(did I spell that right?)
Hey, hey, hey, a little respect or we'll send our navy over there😖

Screenshot_20210611-191856_Chrome.jpg

I don't find charging a company for reviewing their product unreasonable. Some older/retired people here may not understand this but you guys are putting a lot of effort in EBR and you should be getting something in return to keep on doing this. That being said, there may be other monetization models which will still keep you free of manufacturers' pressure.

What makes you think he isn't already being rewarded for his efforts as he deserves?

Some older/retired people here may not understand this
Oh contrail
Spelln ain't important here
spelling police suck. I left the executive offices world and now could give a s*it about silly expectations. With a single exception. Pedal and peddle. I can’t explain the fixation… maybe that’s just muddle age.

Pedal and peddle. I can’t explain the fixation.
No muddle age fixation; no spelling mistakes.

Pedal and peddle are homonyms: words that are pronounced the same but have completely different meanings.

I peddle drugs (don't actually); you pedal an ebike.

Hey, hey, hey, a little respect or we'll send our navy over there😖

View attachment 90136
Bring em up the little "Rill" called the "Cowpasture", I kid you not there used to be a Naval Station at "Headwaters", real remote country, why they were there nobody knows.Have a Friend who overflew that Base, next day a couple of "Eagles" flew over His house( F-15s, do not know the naval connection)

How about a new group for Personal Safety Equipment?

Lighting
Gloves
Helmets
Bike Radar
Etc etc

No discussion about laws and politics etc - just GEAR

How about a new group for Personal Safety Equipment?

Lighting
Gloves
Helmets
Bike Radar
Etc etc

No discussion about laws and politics etc - just GEAR
There is a Parts and Accessories sub forum where people discuss those items.

When heading under to compare ebikes on the EBR website, the search box to add ebikes does not work. Tried on a few browsers :/

Back