ChatGPT on the joys of cycling and buying another ebike

Beach bike riding tips.​

Get a tide book, go at a lowering tide, ride the hard brown sand and run what you brung. I have logged miles of beach on 45c tires.

My Friends niece was the Valedictorian of her graduation class this year and she used ChatGBT to write her speech and it was well received. My son tried to explain what was going on to me a few weeks ago and I'm intrigued by the concept but maybe I have read and watched too much Science Fiction since a young age but AI always seems to be the non-gender specific being that tries to take over. I do have to admit that some of the reels, like a Fed Ex delivery van going 100mph weaving between cars with the tires smoking that looks all too real are entertaining. As well as renderings of various items of interest that are nothing more than a concept. I hope to spend some time learning more this winter.

Safety-not-guaranteed.jpg
How far back in time do you go? Do I need a dinosaur gun? Will I still be able to charge the battery on my ebike?

We've noticed that the e edition of our local paper has become very challenging to navigate. Sometimes it won't let you go from page to page, or jump over a page, or go back a page, or go to a difference section. I figure the system was designed, and is under control, of AI. Its long term mission is to screw us over. I've noticed that even the developers of AI often seem to hate or fear it. I hope the AI lets this post appear without bowdlerizing it.

We've noticed that the e edition of our local paper has become very challenging to navigate. Sometimes it won't let you go from page to page, or jump over a page, or go back a page, or go to a difference section. I figure the system was designed, and is under control, of AI. Its long term mission is to screw us over. I've noticed that even the developers of AI often seem to hate or fear it. I hope the AI lets this post appear without bowdlerizing it.
You just described The NY Times and it’s paywall.

You just described The NY Times and it’s paywall.
How so? I subscribe to the electonic version, read it everyday, and have no problem with the paywall. Finding stories off the "front page" is a challenge sometimes, but that's not a paywall issue, and I'm getting better at it.

Me: Why use a carbon fiber toilet seat

Chatbot: Using a carbon fiber toilet seat offers several benefits:
  1. Durability: Carbon fiber is known for its exceptional strength-to-weight ratio. It is much stronger and more durable than traditional materials like wood or plastic. A carbon fiber toilet seat is less likely to crack, break, or deteriorate over time, making it a long-lasting choice.
  2. Lightweight: Carbon fiber is incredibly lightweight, which makes it easy to handle and install. It's particularly useful for individuals who may have difficulty lifting or maneuvering heavier objects.
  3. Hygiene: Carbon fiber is non-porous, meaning it does not absorb moisture or bacteria. This makes cleaning and maintaining a carbon fiber toilet seat simpler and more hygienic compared to seats made from other materials.
  4. Aesthetics: Carbon fiber has a sleek and modern appearance. It can add a touch of elegance and style to your bathroom decor, especially if you have a contemporary or minimalist design.
  5. Comfort: Some carbon fiber toilet seats are ergonomically designed to provide added comfort. The material's flexibility and shock-absorbing properties can make sitting on the seat more comfortable, especially for individuals with certain medical conditions.
  6. Temperature regulation: Carbon fiber has excellent thermal conductivity properties. It can absorb and dissipate body heat more effectively than other materials. This means that a carbon fiber toilet seat can feel more comfortable and less cold to sit on during colder seasons.
While there are advantages to using a carbon fiber toilet seat, it is worth noting that they tend to be pricier than seats made from other materials. Additionally, personal preferences may vary, and some individuals may not find the benefits of carbon fiber seats applicable to their needs.

Ask ChatGPT if it's okay for an old man to wear only a Speedo while riding an ebike on the beach. :D
Me: Is it okay for an old man to wear only a Speedo while riding an ebike on the beach

Chatbot: Wearing a Speedo or any other type of swimwear is a personal choice, and it's ultimately up to the individual to decide what they feel comfortable wearing. However, there are a few factors to consider:
  1. Appropriateness: Depending on the cultural context and the specific beach you are visiting, it may be important to consider what is considered appropriate attire. Different beaches and communities may have different expectations or rules regarding beachwear.
  2. Comfort and Support: It's essential to prioritize comfort and support while riding an e-bike, particularly for older individuals. If a Speedo provides the necessary comfort and support, then it may be a suitable choice. However, it's worth considering any potential chafing or discomfort that could arise from wearing swimwear for an extended period.
  3. Sun Protection: Riding an e-bike on the beach often exposes you to direct sunlight. It's essential to protect your skin from harmful UV rays. If wearing a Speedo doesn't provide adequate coverage and sun protection, it may be advisable to consider wearing additional protective clothing like a shirt or shorts.
  4. Safety: It's crucial to prioritize safety while riding an e-bike. Ensure that you wear a properly fitting helmet and any other recommended safety gear based on local regulations and personal preferences.
Ultimately, it's important to balance personal comfort, cultural norms, and considerations of appropriateness when choosing what to wear while riding an e-bike on the beach.

Another test: How to ride a bike on the beach?

Based on personal experience, pretty good advice. I can sometimes ride local beaches with 2.3" hybrid tires at low tide without deflating, but it's tricky.

I'm deeply distrustful of how ChatGPT will be used, as few will bother to vette the responses before sharing them as gospel. The responses certainly sound plausible so far, but I've already found factual errors in my first 10 tests.
You all can dismiss this as a personal peeve/nit picking, but here goes: I get annoyed when some piece of advice urges me to "consider" doing something. Such as "consider wearing a helmet." Why not just say "Wear a helmet." Okay, that's enough venting for today.

Back