Forum Features: Your Opinion Wanted!

Besides EBR, what other ebike forums do you use?

• electricbike.com

Votes: 16 16.0%
  • ebikesforum.com

Votes: 9 9.0%
  • bikeforums.net

Votes: 13 13.0%
  • emtbforums.com

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • Reddit

Votes: 29 29.0%
  • Facebook

Votes: 28 28.0%
  • Other (I'll say which site in the comments)

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • None

Votes: 37 37.0%

• Total voters
I have listed my e-bikes in my signature, and you? :)
I figured out how to put in my location finally. But I don't see your signature. I don't see my signature. Where did the signatures go??

Maybe instead of "well-known member" and the like under our usernames, that could be the place where our ebikes are listed?

I figured out how to put in my location finally. But I don't see your signature. I don't see my signature. Where did the signatures go??

Maybe instead of "well-known member" and the like under our usernames, that could be the place where our ebikes are listed?
If you are using a mobile app the signature doesn't show in portrait.
Screenshot_20210408-220334_Samsung Internet.jpg
However it does show in landscape.
Screenshot_20210408-220413_Samsung Internet.jpg

Still doesn't show on my phone even in landscape. Also did not show when I was using my laptop yesterday...

See first question, is it for sale? Some context would be nice.
That's what I thought about your inquiry.

My reference was to forums starting out nice and pretty and then they become popular and the originator sells it to someone who stacks on the advertisements and whatever will pay the money.

How about a warning before the forum sells so we can all have time to migrate to another without any advertisements.
Just so we're all on the same page, EBR is not selling and we have no plans to do so :)

Of course, it's something Court and I have discussed at length, and we've had no shortage of offers... but EBR is a special place! It would make all of us very sad to see it turn into just another ad-infested, money-oriented platform. We've known for a long time that we could turn EBR into a serious money-making machine if we wanted to change the model, but we don't. We make enough to support our small team and remain as unbiased as possible in our reviews, focusing on providing real value and a positive community space.

I can't tell you "EBR will never sell!" - after all that has happened last year, anything is possible - but after all the blood, sweat, and tears Court has poured into building this space... I'd be shocked to see it happen.

Just so we're all on the same page, EBR is not selling and we have no plans to do so :)

Of course, it's something Court and I have discussed at length, and we've had no shortage of offers... but EBR is a special place! It would make all of us very sad to see it turn into just another ad-infested, money-oriented platform. We've known for a long time that we could turn EBR into a serious money-making machine if we wanted to change the model, but we don't. We make enough to support our small team and remain as unbiased as possible in our reviews, focusing on providing real value and a positive community space.

I can't tell you "EBR will never sell!" - after all that has happened last year, anything is possible - but after all the blood, sweat, and tears Court has poured into building this space... I'd be shocked to see it happen.
I do enjoy this forum format, no complaints and keep up the good work. 🙂
And my previous post was really in jest. If it didn’t someday change hands or go commercial I would be really surprised.

Last edited:
I can say one thing they did what I asked( perhaps someone else asked first) the page numerator is easy to see now, thanks again.

I don't mind ads it if it helps fund EBR.

Years ago when I used to do product reviews, companies would send me their products for free as it was cheap advertising. I understand EBR charges a fee to do a review but maybe they might be able to do more reviews if there wasn't a charge and instead use ad revenue to help pay for costs. Maybe some mixed model where D2C companies give a discount from a review link and part of the revenue goes to EBR.

I totally believe in monetizing to help keep a site running.

*Just no pop-up or video ads... those are so annoying. :)

I understand EBR charges a fee to do a review but maybe they might be able to do more reviews if there wasn't a charge and instead use ad revenue to help pay for costs. Maybe some mixed model where D2C companies give a discount from a review link and part of the revenue goes to EBR.
We actually stopped charging for our reviews about six months ago, this does limit how many bikes we can cover but we're all about quality over quantity. That's the ideal setup - not charging for reviews helps us to be as objective and unbiased as possible. Since we have a small team it's not like we can cover all the bikes anyways. We've always done our best to be unbiased even when getting paid for reviews... but some people will always be skeptical when we get paid by the manufacturer to produce the review.

Many, many bike companies offer some sort of affiliate program or discount link to us, but we always refuse those. Having a vested interest in the bike selling well would make it really tough to be objective! Even when we did charge for reviews it would be a flat rate paid in advance, so that we wouldn't have a financial incentive to endorse them.

Since we are an older bunch here how about a category for the discussion of health improvement. I have seen the issue come up here and the stories are very inspirational. Ebikes are such a great way to get older people active and outside to the benefit of their heart, lungs and weight.

Local events section to gather groups for rides, races, camp outs, cook outs, etc. would have been my suggestion before social distancing. Maybe that's already here somewhere?

How about an “Envy” like rank? Thou shall not covet thy neighbor, but you can sure be jealous of your neighbors bike! 🤡
-BB

Back