Forum Features: Your Opinion Wanted!

Besides EBR, what other ebike forums do you use?

• electricbike.com

Votes: 16 16.0%
  • ebikesforum.com

Votes: 9 9.0%
  • bikeforums.net

Votes: 13 13.0%
  • emtbforums.com

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • Reddit

Votes: 29 29.0%
  • Facebook

Votes: 28 28.0%
  • Other (I'll say which site in the comments)

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • None

Votes: 37 37.0%

• Total voters
BTW emoticons? Don't work on my Samsung tablet, they used to work months ago.
Confirmed on my Samsung tablet too... huh, another weird one! checking this out too.

I think new posts should be replaced with new threads, see pic.
I like that idea, especially as the forum grows and there are LOTS of new posts happening all the time... seeing just new threads would help streamline things. I'll see what I can do!

@troehrkasse: Can a registered user with no posts see all posts published on the Fora? Or, are some Forums restricted?
This is a question from the user @Brix.
Yes, everyone can see all posts on the forum. That includes registered users and anonymous guests :)

An account is required to reply or otherwise join in discussions, but we want anyone to be able to easily find helpful information on here.

Confirmed on my Samsung tablet too... huh, another weird one! checking this out too.

I like that idea, especially as the forum grows and there are LOTS of new posts happening all the time... seeing just new threads would help streamline things. I'll see what I can do!
New posts is the one I click on the most of any options. Probably 20+ to 1. I don't want to see that replaced. Make the next line new threads.

Yes, everyone can see all posts on the forum. That includes registered users and anonymous guests :)

An account is required to reply or otherwise join in discussions, but we want anyone to be able to easily find helpful information on here.
Thank you so much! She' probably overlooked the grey bar informing on unread posts if she just had used a direct link to a specific post :)

I suggest that you add the min . and max. inseam ( length form seat top to lowest pedal height) in your bike reviews. It's particularly interesting for a non-traditional frame bike.

Even an ANGRY will give you a boost on your responses.... :mad:
-BB

BTW- @Akrotiri - that was a joke on my part. If it subtracts from your score, I will change it!!!!

New posts is the one I click on the most of any options. Probably 20+ to 1. I don't want to see that replaced. Make the next line new threads.
Agree. or Thumbs Up if prefered.

I only scanned this thread quickly so maybe these have already been suggested.

- I go to lots of forums and many put a banner under the OP in the thread so when they post subsequent times to the thread they started, the banner is there so readers can see who the OP was, instead of having to go back to the first page to check.
- I go to one forum where you register under your real name, but it becomes your user name. I dislike that.
- I also used to go to a forum where they expected people to read a bunch of the threads and educate themselves reasonably to see if the question they wanted to ask had come up previously. The general rule seemed to be if you posted a question that had come up a million times and could easily be found in a search, you were simply IGNORED. No one would reply ever. If you didn't get the message and dared to come back and ask WTF, you'd get replies, but not to your question. It was a bit rude but the attitude was, don't just come here and lazily ask for stuff without showing a bit of respect beforehand and learning some basics. There were some real knowledgeable people there and the subject quite technical at times, and they had better things to do than waste their time on the lazy. I don't necessarily condone this attitude, but lets get real.
- How about a 'sticky' section at the beginning of each sub-category where particularly great info/threads can be saved right up front? Many forums do that. CN

Don't know if this has been suggested, but it would be helpful if posters had their ebike brand/model listed in their signature or under their username. This is quite common on scooter and car forums.

And their general location. Particularly for the threads showing pics of their rides, it would be very helpful to know where on the planet that bridge or vista is.

Don't know if this has been suggested, but it would be helpful if posters had their ebike brand/model listed in their signature or under their username. This is quite common on scooter and car forums.
I have listed my e-bikes in my signature, and you? :)

A member can post all the personal information information they want on their profile page. It's just 2 clicks to view. When a post sparks my interest that's the first thing I do. Click on a member's avatar, then click on their name and you're there (see 'about'). At that point you can post publically on their profile: 'nice pics you posted! Where exactly is that trail?' Or you can start a private conversation.

I didn't see the thing for "other forums" frequently visited on my first visit, just wanted to add that I like to haunt endless-sphere.com on occasion as well.

Back