Forum Features: Your Opinion Wanted!

Besides EBR, what other ebike forums do you use?

• electricbike.com

Votes: 16 16.0%
  • ebikesforum.com

Votes: 9 9.0%
  • bikeforums.net

Votes: 13 13.0%
  • emtbforums.com

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • Reddit

Votes: 29 29.0%
  • Facebook

Votes: 28 28.0%
  • Other (I'll say which site in the comments)

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • None

Votes: 37 37.0%

• Total voters
Still getting 404 error on Android only for 'new posts'.

If I click on the 'what's new' icon, then 'view more' at the bottom of the 10 newest posts THEN I can see all the newest posts.

How do I invite new people into an existing private conversation ? and a bonus question... How do I turn an existing private conversation into a public thread if needed ?
Extra credit ... How do I include a thumbnail ( at least ) of a graphic that is already an attachment within EBR forums in a private conversation ?

Last edited:
How do I include a thumbnail ( at least ) of a graphic that is already an attachment within EBR forums in a private conversation ?
Post your picture at an image sharing service, and use a link in private conversation.

How do I turn an existing private conversation into a public thread if needed ?
Probably you can't do that. Private is private.

How do I invite new people into an existing private conversation ?
I cannot see doing that possible.

Post your picture at an image sharing service, and use a link in private conversation.

Probably you can't do that. Private is private.

I cannot see doing that possible.
I have already been in a private conversation that invited others who then joined later. I have already seen that same conversation become a public thread. I just can't make it work now.
And for the extra credit ... there is no need for a photo share if all I want is a link ...that works fine.
I want a visual of a map others can blow up. I spend a lot of time in private conversations ... several with you IIRC. 😀

How do I invite new people into an existing private conversation ?
If you created the private conversation, there should be an option on the right side (under 'Conversation participants') to 'invite more'. If someone else created the conversation, they needed to check the option 'Allow anyone in the conversation to invite others' when creating the convesation or the creator can go back and edit the conversation and add that option later in order for other participants to be able to invite new people to the conversation.

If you created the private conversation, there should be an option on the right side (under 'Conversation participants') to 'invite more'. If someone else created the conversation, they needed to check the option 'Allow anyone in the conversation to invite others' when creating the convesation or the creator can go back and edit the conversation and add that option later in order for other participants to be able to invite new people to the conversation.
Yep that's the button I couldn't find...b/c I wasn't the op ...Duh.
Thanks @billmeek .

OMGoodness @troehrkasse - I didn’t recognize you in your new avatar!!!

I have a desired feature! Don’t let authors delete their posts or limit the number of posts they can delete. This is a public forum! As a member you signed a waiver!! Posts are contributions to the forum and its members…

When others respond or try to help said person, is not a nice thing to delete the original post(s), causing confusion and broken links….

Here I post an example to a user known to do this often….
-BB

Post in thread 'BarnBoy’s Realmax SX-13, 8kW eScooter Adventures….'
https://electricbikereview.com/foru...-13-8kw-escooter-adventures.44569/post-472448

edit- oops @Stefan Mikes there is an Ignore User feature…..

Press users avatar and select IGNORE….

edit- oops @Stefan Mikes there is an Ignore User feature…..

Press users avatar and select IGNORE….
It does not work. I mean, "Ignore" makes the ignored user posts invisible to you but it does not stop a troll from seeing what you are writing. There is a clearly defined bunch of trolls in these Forums: tomjasz seems to experience the same issues with that group as I do. Ignore them but they write really nasty off-topic post mentioning/offending you, and you even don't know they did it again. Without giving them a reason!

Under the section for Discussion by Brand & User Reviews, could you add SFM Bikes (Germany).
As noted, it's a German brand which I recently purchased here in Germany, and may become more popular in time.
I don't know if this site is popular with the German bike riders since its an English language forum, but I'm sure people will come here if they find there are other owners here.

Now, word of warning, I'm an accessibility and efficiency consultant. I specialize in websites and how things like legal woes over WCAG (web content accessibility guideline) violations can in fact create problems under the US ADA, UK EQA, etc, etc. As such my comments may get a bit technical.

From that standpoint, THIS SITE HAS PROBLEMS. Nothing insurmountable, but there are big issues with the style of it.

The biggest of which being the white text on green and vice-versa that fails colour contrast minimums. This isn't rocket science to check, there are nice handy tools to help with this! You've got #80B600 (a green) and #FFFFFF, if we plug those into webaim's excellent tool:

forumColourContrast.png
We find that it fails EVERY level. Given how the WCAG was created pre font-smoothing I would consider "Normal AAA" as the bare minimum, and that color is light-years away. For the buttons it could probably be retained if sufficient text-shadow were added, but for all the stuff that's green text on white it's utter garbage typical of choices made by an artists under the DELUSION they know what design is.

Which is why I use a user stylesheet override to force this site to be usable.

Another big issue is the use of absurdly undersized "fixed metric" (aka pixel) declaration fonts, leaving users on non-standard metric machines (like every one of mine) diving for the zoom. It's called EM and REM, use 'EM. 99% of the time you see anything declared in PX on a website's design, you're looking at the pesky 3i of web development: ignorance, incompetence, and ineptitude. That's not really on you guys, as it is on the creators of whatever forum software this is.

I don't dare pop the bonnet to give the code an evaluation. Forum software can often be some of the ugliest garbage in that regard. Only way they can be worse in that regard is if they get garbage "frameworks" like Bootcrap or Failwind involved.

I would like to see EBR push the bike advocacy organizations like People for Bikes and League of American Bicyclists to explain if / when they accept money from industry that may not have the best interests of cycling in mind. The obvious example if People for Bikes accepting and using money from the auto industry to lobby for 3-class legislation. Unless someone keeps this behavior on a radar screen these organizations just become part of a larger industry's regulatory capture efforts (the auto industry wants ebikes to remain mostly recreational and not widely adopted for mobility). I know some will just label this "conspiracy" but I'm simply suggesting those very interested in the future or cycling simply ask questions and always critically think.

Last edited:
I would like to see EBR push the bike advocacy organizations like People for Bikes and League of American Bicyclists to explain if / when they accept money from industry that may not have the best interests of cycling in mind. The obvious example if People for Bikes accepting and using money from the auto industry to lobby for 3-class legislation. Unless someone keeps this behavior on a radar screen these organizations just become part of a larger industry's regulatory capture efforts (the auto industry wants ebikes to remain mostly recreational and not widely adopted for mobility). I know some will just label this "conspiracy" but I'm simply suggesting those very interested in the future or cycling simply ask questions and always critically think.
I am not fond of insurance as legislated extortion. It allows corporations to bleed the public while
doing all in their power to escape paying claims. Our taxes pay for medicare which is a national form
of insurance & we do have something akin for victims. Of course any gov. insurance would likely be
abused as bad or worse than the system we have now. A system that was meant to serve the people
became a windfall for the ¨health care industry´. Why is it that things meant to help people always
end up making a few very wealthy, get bogged down in bureaucracy, & fail miserably at what they
were intended to do???:oops:

Last edited:
I am still fairly new here but do a lot of reviews of different ebikes for older riders and off grid adventurers for my channel.

I would love to see a more expanded profile for showing off our own rides and our ebike adventures.

There is a thread but it has become so large you could spend days scrolling through it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Expanded how?

Maybe searchable by general location so others going to an area could know what a trail or experience was like in that area?

Or searchable by type of riding?

I view the forums as electronic books in some ways. In arbor culture I search and read a thread that could be years old but gives me access to experience and information I would never have access to on my own. I notice that with info here too.

Back