Flow accessory advice, please

SKMV

I would love advice about the following for my (coming soon?) Flow:

1) Lock
2) Bag and or pannier
3) Water bottle cage
Anything else I am forgetting!

Hoping to commute 15 miles each way to work 1-2x/week in the spring.

1) Lock
2) Bag and or pannier
3) Water bottle cage

4) Mirrycle mirrors ( I love em)

I'm still waiting on my Flow ...but I don't think it has any bottle cage bosses.
Maybe someone with Flow will comment.

Since the Sport and the Flow do now have water bottle bosses, I used this no-screw bottle holder:

There are a few on Amazon but this one has the rubber gasket that helps it grip better.

I'm not digging my newly received Flow's pedals at all...seem too small to me. I think I need to get my foot further away from crank...my heel is hitting the kickstand occasionally.
Does any one have a pedal recommendation if you changed yours out?

4) Mirrycle mirrors ( I love em)

I'm still waiting on my Flow ...but I don't think it has any bottle cage bosses.
Maybe someone with Flow will comment.
Do you know if the handlebar end comes off on the Flow to mount the Mirrycle mirror or will it require drilling?

Since the Sport and the Flow do now have water bottle bosses, I used this no-screw bottle holder:

There are a few on Amazon but this one has the rubber gasket that helps it grip better.
Is that new that they now have water bottle connections? I was under the impression that the Flow didn't have this. If they do, where are they? Normally, wouldn't the water bottle mount where the battery currently is?

Do you know if the handlebar end comes off on the Flow to mount the Mirrycle mirror or will it require drilling?

Yes, end comes right off and the Mirrycle fits in perfectly. I don't even think you need tools to install if I remember correctly...

Reactions: BET
Now that I received my Flow and got it put together...my concern is: due to the swept back nature of the Flow's handle bars (which is different from the Sport) the Mirrycle bar end mirrors might not be a good solution. I ordered a Mirrycle...so I'll know in a couple days.

Is that new that they now have water bottle connections? I was under the impression that the Flow didn't have this. If they do, where are they? Normally, wouldn't the water bottle mount where the battery currently is?
You're correct there are no traditional water cage bosses (screws). So the solution is buying a water bottle holder that grips on the seat post down tube or the handle bars. I order these https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QXJSLGY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_H3YWFbBD11A9V
but have not received yet.
BigNerd mentioned these earlier.

1) Lock
2) Bag and or pannier
3) Water bottle cage

If you're still thinking about buying, here is a $50 discount code they gave me when I oredered my Sport a couple days ago. I'm thinking about getting the pannier bag, by the way.

ESPINSQUAD-KQSHIZ

You're correct there are no traditional water cage bosses (screws). So the solution is buying a water bottle holder that grips on the seat post down tube or the handle bars. I order these https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QXJSLGY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_H3YWFbBD11A9V
but have not received yet.
BigNerd mentioned these earlier.
Thank you, I'll look into this. Let me know how it goes with yours...I'm 5'3", so I will probably need to have the seat all the way down, or close to it (since it's made for 5'1" and up). Do you think that means that I wouldn't be able to use the seat post to mount this water bottle? Or is there room on the non-unadjustable portion of the seat stem?

I have mine mounted to my handle bar with the bottes on my side. They are handy. Fits fine even with everything else I have on the bar. They really do not need much room to mount. I have a sport, though, not swept back bars.

Now that I received my Flow and got it put together...my concern is: due to the swept back nature of the Flow's handle bars (which is different from the Sport) the Mirrycle bar end mirrors might not be a good solution. I ordered a Mirrycle...so I'll know in a couple days.
I just received a response to my email from Espin. They said " For mirrors, you'll want a clamp-style mirror, since the covers for the handlebars overlap the end of the bar. We have heard from a few customers using a razor or other tools to expose the end bar and use the other type" Let me know if that is consistent with what you've experienced.

I just received a response to my email from Espin. They said " For mirrors, you'll want a clamp-style mirror, since the covers for the handlebars overlap the end of the bar. We have heard from a few customers using a razor or other tools to expose the end bar and use the other type" Let me know if that is consistent with what you've experienced.
Interesting. The Sport grips come with the removable caps at the end which make it easy to pop off and add the Mirrcycle mirror. I even added new sweep back bars like the Flow and the Mirrcyle works perfectly...

Interesting. The Sport grips come with the removable caps at the end which make it easy to pop off and add the Mirrcycle mirror. I even added new sweep back bars like the Flow and the Mirrcyle works perfectly...
Interesting! I'll take a look when I finally get my bike. That would be nice if they would just pop off and I could add the mirror at the end of the handlebars, especially since I'll be using a phone mount there already and don't want things to get too crowded

Thank you, I'll look into this. Let me know how it goes with yours...I'm 5'3", so I will probably need to have the seat all the way down, or close to it (since it's made for 5'1" and up). Do you think that means that I wouldn't be able to use the seat post to mount this water bottle? Or is there room on the non-unadjustable portion of the seat stem?
Here's the clamp on holder on the Flow..as long as your seat isn't too low it might be a good solution. Haven't done a ride with it yet however.
I'll try installing Mirrycle mirror this weekend on Flow...I just don't think I'll be able to see behind me with the cruiser handlebars

Attachments

• IMG_20201202_210131515.jpg
    IMG_20201202_210131515.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 411
  • IMG_20201202_210347263.jpg
    IMG_20201202_210347263.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 404
For a mirror I use a helmet mounted one... for a few reasons:

1. Smaller
2. Turns with my head not my handlebars
3. I ride different bikes, so I only need 1 mirror instead of one for each bike
4. I don't have to worry about cutting into the hand grip
5. Two of my friends have broke their handlebar mirrors by hitting a wall or post or something.

This one takes some getting used to but once you figure out the placement, it's pretty good:

1607054880452.png

Here's the clamp on holder on the Flow..as long as your seat isn't too low it might be a good solution. Haven't done a ride with it yet however.
I'll try installing Mirrycle mirror this weekend on Flow...I just don't think I'll be able to see behind me with the cruiser handlebars
Thanks, Dee Spun! It's helpful to see a visual. I guess I'll have to wait until I get my bike and see how low I'll need the seat before I can consider this option. Good luck with the Mirrycle mirror this weekend!

Back