New Turbo Como 4 (IGH)

jmillr

Region
USA
I took delivery of a new Turbo Como 4 (IGH) last week, and have begun riding it around town, and a bit into the country too. The timing worked out as I was able to take advantage of the $500 discount from Specialized.
IMG_0552.JPG

IMG_0553.JPG

I think I overdid it the first two days (30 miles and another 30 miles) and then felt rather sore in the crotch for a few days. I bought a pair of underwear, and have limited myself to 15 miles a day, and have not had any problems in that area since:

PEARL iZUMi Quest Bike Shorts

I really like Sport mode and the feeling of power it provides, however, I'm mindful of how quickly the battery drains. Therefore, I'm training myself to stick to Eco mode for most of the ride, and only go into Sport (or rarely, Turbo) mode near the end of the ride or going up more than a gentle slope. I'm getting to know the bike trails in the area (Ann Arbor, MI) and there are an abundance of city parks that I plan to visit.

So far, the bike is completely stock, with the following additions:

Basil Miles Tarpaulin
Mirrycle Mirror
PRO BIKE TOOL Bike Water Bottle Holder
Travel Kuppe Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel Cycling Sports Water Bottle

For security:

Lockitt SFB-DIB 260 U Lock
Protector 11mm Boron Steel High Security Chain

On order:

13L Thule Shield Pannier

I chose the smallest pannier size because I'm not planning on trekking, just a bit of shopping now and then.

I would like to thank the numerous people here at Electric Bike Review who have shared their stories, questions, insights and advice as I navigated the surprisingly tricky process of deciding on which e-bike to get. I still have a bit of a learning curve to climb with respect to the Mission Control app, but for now, just recording my rides is sufficient.

I lived in Ann Arbor many moons ago. Is the Dexter cider mill still there along Huron River Drive? That will be a great ride next fall.

I lived in Ann Arbor many moons ago. Is the Dexter cider mill still there along Huron River Drive? That will be a great ride next fall.
Ah, that brings back memories. 40+ years ago I rode my 10-speed bike on Huron River Drive to the cider mill every autumn. The mill, cider and doughnuts are still there, but Huron River Drive is now much more dangerous for cyclists (increased number of cars). However, there is now a Border-to-Border bike trail for the last few miles of the journey along the river, so that segment is both nicer and safer.

I took delivery of a new Turbo Como 4 (IGH) last week, and have begun riding it around town, and a bit into the country too. The timing worked out as I was able to take advantage of the $500 discount from Specialized.
View attachment 149880
View attachment 149881
I think I overdid it the first two days (30 miles and another 30 miles) and then felt rather sore in the crotch for a few days. I bought a pair of underwear, and have limited myself to 15 miles a day, and have not had any problems in that area since:

I really like Sport mode and the feeling of power it provides, however, I'm mindful of how quickly the battery drains. Therefore, I'm training myself to stick to Eco mode for most of the ride, and only go into Sport (or rarely, Turbo) mode near the end of the ride or going up more than a gentle slope. I'm getting to know the bike trails in the area (Ann Arbor, MI) and there are an abundance of city parks that I plan to visit.

Basil Miles Tarpaulin
Mirrycle Mirror

For security:

On order:

13L Thule Shield Pannier

I chose the smallest pannier size because I'm not planning on trekking, just a bit of shopping now and then.

I would like to thank the numerous people here at Electric Bike Review who have shared their stories, questions, insights and advice as I navigated the surprisingly tricky process of deciding on which e-bike to get. I still have a bit of a learning curve to climb with respect to the Mission Control app, but for now, just recording my rides is sufficient.
You just need the sun tour suspension seat post. I have it on all my bikes.

I really like Sport mode and the feeling of power it provides, however, I'm mindful of how quickly the battery drains. Therefore, I'm training myself to stick to Eco mode for most of the ride, and only go into Sport (or rarely, Turbo) mode near the end of the ride or going up more than a gentle slope.
Welcome aboard! Beautiful bike. I can relate to that quote, but from the opposite direction.

When I first got my ebike, after some 25 years away from cycling, I made up a crazy rule that I had to ride in assist level 1/9 whenever possible. Partly because I like to pedal and wanted to get back in shape faster, but mostly for irrational reasons known only to my subconscious.

Pretty hilly around here, but rarely got to even 3/9, preferring to slog up in a low gear instead. Even lowered my gearing just to enable the habit. Wasn't till 6 months in, on the occasion of a 22% grade, that I allowed myself to ride above level 6/9 for any reason. (Battery range has never been an issue.)

Then one day, I found myself too far from home to get back in time for dinner. So I cranked up the assist to 7/9 and flew home as fast as I could, feeling like Superman the whole way. Oh, what a guilty pleasure!

Now I find myself subconsciously arranging to be too far away, just so I can feel the power as I race back.

Last edited:
View attachment 149880
View attachment 149881

Basil Miles Tarpaulin
Mirrycle Mirror

For security:

On order:

13L Thule Shield Pannier

Congrats! I have exactly the same bike and color. Best of luck with it. The only issue I have is with the saddle. I am doing around 100 miles per week and my sit bones start screaming at around 20 miles.

Back