Firmware update for charging limit

I just hit "stuck in 100% charge mode" this week. I'll try the workaround from Axis. Has anyone else been able to get unstuck?

I just hit "stuck in 100% charge mode" this week. I'll try the workaround from Axis. Has anyone else been able to get unstuck?
It just happened to me again. I’ll post if it doesn’t work again.

Maybe the better question is, has anyone NOT gotten stuck in 100% charge mode? It feels like the feature is "works once or twice, and then good luck!!"

So it's been 5 months that Specialized has known about this problem, and still there's no fix. That's weak. It doesn't help that I'm waiting for Wahoo to fix their e-bike bug, but that's another thread.

Yup, the workaround works. I could care less about the shortcomings of Specialized. I've been working with Unix and high-level language development since 1985. Business people never listen to reason.

Maybe the better question is, has anyone NOT gotten stuck in 100% charge mode? It feels like the feature is "works once or twice, and then good luck!!"

So it's been 5 months that Specialized has known about this problem, and still there's no fix. That's weak. It doesn't help that I'm waiting for Wahoo to fix their e-bike bug, but that's another thread.
The "New World"...such is life

It just happened to me again. I’ll post if it doesn’t work again.
why not just pulg to charger and set a timer and then go unplug when @ 80% that is what I did before and worked for me just fine

why not just pulg to charger and set a timer and then go unplug when @ 80% that is what I did before and worked for me just fine
Well, sure, I did that too, and I'm back to doing it. My frustration is with feeling lied to by Specialized.

I always charged to 100% anyway but since I got my Vado firmware updated I see 80% available so I am just testing it out. Oh for the record I did toggle it off rode a few miles and toggled it back on, shut off the bike and charged it. It stopped at 80%.

 Well, I have read this post for a while, but I never experienced anything other than a 100% charge every time I've used the application, so I never really paid attention.
Today after leaving my bike plugged in for three days, I started on a ride and saw that there was only 85% charge.
My problem is that I always use Smart control. I set the mileage that I anticipate that I'm going to do with a little bit of a buffer zone and today I couldn't do that simply because that extra 15% may depend the difference between a 50 mile ride or a 70 mile ride and depending upon weather wind, my tiredness hills in a multitude of issu I always like to have 100% regardless of whether or not that's going to be detrimental to the life of the battery or not. (a.k.a. "Range Anxiety")

So because I've never experienced the difference between restricting me from a full 100% charge, I was a little concerned. However, I did 43 miles and when I started out with 85% I returned with approximately 17% remaining. So overall it was OK but I prefer to 100% charge my bike 24 seven all the time and buy a new battery when it dies (and/or maybe a new bike). My only question is why am I now experiencing this limiting of charging which was 85% which I've never experienced before. The last time my firmware was updated was probably to three months ago. And I always had 100% full charge.

I saw no gain with the firmware update. I only charge after 3 or 4 rides and if it is below 40% SOD. Keeping batteries "topped off" is never a good practice.

I saw no gain with the firmware update. I only charge after 3 or 4 rides and if it is below 40% SOD. Keeping batteries "topped off" is never a good practice.
Mine hadn't worked since I installed the new Specialized app, and didn't work for the first couple of charges after the most recent update (1.4.0) either. Today the 80% limit popped right up and worked. I have no idea why today.

What I'd really like to figure out is why my display keeps only showing 0% or 1% while charging, even though it's charging just fine. When I disconnect the charger and restart, the correct percentage shows up.

The 80% charge limit was working on my bike after the recent update, but a few days ago it did a 10th charge to 100%, and now the charge limit is no longer working (again) on my bike. This is the same thing that happened when they first introduced the feature. Has this happened to anyone else? Growing a bit frustrated with the software, as the bike has recently started erasing my cadence settings between rides...

Not to mention lying about true range if the max recommended charge is 80 percent.

We should get a 20 percent refund or a free extender battery.
That's the same attitude that the government took with Nissan and the LEAF in 2013 when they first offered in the software for users to limit charge to 80%. The EPA said "you must reduce your posted range of the vehicle in ads to that which is available at 80%" In response, Nissan immediately removed the option in 2014 to stop charging to 80% in their cars. So those owners were SOL.

No one lied to you. All lithium-ion batteries have lifespans that are affected by various conditions and use parameters. If you don't want to stop charging at 80% then don't. But don't complain when companies try to help their customers maximize the life of the batteries by limiting charge. You can get the max range you want when you want it. Just don't use the option. But stop saying you were lied to because you were NOT.

After my latest update on my auto Vado the setting to calibrate my igh has disappeared. Has this happened to anyone here? Shop is checking with Specialized . They also said 2 bikes have come since I was there and they too were not in the setting menu.

it was suggested Specialized removed it .

This is a good shop so they aren’t trying to BS me

any input at all?

^ Funnily enough, I've just been looking at calibrating the Enviolo Automatiq hub on my Como 5.0 igh this evening and it doesn't appear in the settings menu where my manual says it should be (under the "options" menu) but "options" isn't even an option!!!! A forum search returned this post about revealing it in the menu but I can't get it to work 😭

^ The "Specialized University" video on YouTube shows it as an "Enviolo Cal" option in the Settings menu... but that isn't there on my bike either!

Factory reset my Tero and reinstalled Mission Control. 80% limit started working again. Maybe it just reset the counter. I will repost after 9 charge cycles if it keeps working.

I'm going to guess that factory reset is what does it. Bike forgets that it needs a battery cal. My money is on your Tero once again getting stuck in 100% charge mode after 9 charge cycles.

Has anyone had a bike get out of 100% charge mode on its own after a certain number of charges? If I do, say, 3 charges in a row to 100% would that convince the bike that the battery is calibrated? The documentation implies that only one charge to 100% is needed, but we know how well that works...

Back