Electric Car thread

Looks like Tesla is putting price pressure on the other EVs... Ford dropping Mach-E prices after they had raised them for 23 model year:

While I was getting my camera reprogrammed on my 2022 Ford Maverick (replaced windshield) I noticed the dealership had a new Mach-E GT on their showroom floor.
The window sticker gave me a shock (pun intended).....$93,000. :eek:

While I was getting my camera reprogrammed on my 2022 Ford Maverick (replaced windshield) I noticed the dealership had a new Mach-E GT on their showroom floor.
The window sticker gave me a shock (pun intended).....$93,000. :eek:
Beware the "stealership" one of "Teslas' best features, no dealers I am led to believe. Everytime you wrest yourself from a nefarious" cool hand' deal another sucker steps up to take your place.

One of the guys I ride with ordered a VW ID.4 about 10 months ago. His wait time was longer than it could have been because he wanted his ID.4 to come with a heat pump, which meant that it had to come from Germany, rather than the US plant.
He just got an email from VW telling him that they were not able to sell him an ID.4 with a heat pump because of a lack of parts, so it looks like he'll be getting his car from the US plant. He's not a happy camper, as he wanted that heat pump.

20230121_140602~2_copy_747x641.jpg

We are now (for a short time)" a 2 EV car family, both Nissans. I was in the right place at the right time with a wad of cash in hand (robbed from my Rivian fund) with the right salesperson willing to fight for me to be first in line to buy a 2023 Ariya Premiere - the launch edition of the Ariya - seconds after the reservation holder regretfully gave up his one year held pre-order. The fully loaded launch model is a one time only offering, and this car is amazing. Rides like a luxury car, and the fit and finish is gorgeous. These cars won't be available to the general public until 2024.

The Leaf is going to live with our son when he finishes installing the necessary wiring into his garage to support Level 2 charging. Our ICE was sold the same day we purchased the Ariya. One ICE down, one left to go.

Still waiting for my maxpack Rivian. I get the feeling I may be waiting until the end of 2023. Gives me time to repay my depleted Rivian fund.

Last edited:
The Leaf is going to live with our son when he finishes installing the necessary wiring into his garage to support Level 2 charging.
We got a PHEV 6 years ago, replaced it with a Model Y 2 years ago and have had the Leaf for just over a year... all using Level 1/120v charging.

These were/are all local commuters so charging overnight on plain old Level 1 is still sufficient for us. We will see when we add a 3rd.

One of the guys I ride with ordered a VW ID.4 about 10 months ago. His wait time was longer than it could have been because he wanted his ID.4 to come with a heat pump, which meant that it had to come from Germany, rather than the US plant.
He just got an email from VW telling him that they were not able to sell him an ID.4 with a heat pump because of a lack of parts, so it looks like he'll be getting his car from the US plant. He's not a happy camper, as he wanted that heat pump.
At least they're sending him one. Otherwise he'd have to say, "I got no idee, 'bout nothin'!"

We got a PHEV 6 years ago, replaced it with a Model Y 2 years ago and have had the Leaf for just over a year... all using Level 1/120v charging.

These were/are all local commuters so charging overnight on plain old Level 1 is still sufficient for us. We will see when we add a 3rd.
One of the conditions I set for him getting the Leaf was having Level 2 for charging, which he is installing himself. I tried Level 1 - once. Hated it. We live rural so with destinations far removed we need the miles to be replaced quickly. Level 1 is unfortunately too slow.

I'm starting to see more Rivians on the road these days...
One day you might see mine....if I ever get it. I'll know by the end of the month when Rivian sends out their email (to those of us waiting) when I might expect to possibly take delivery. Maybe.

In the meantime I'm enjoying the heck out of the new Ariya. It is a NICE luxury quality electric car.

Son has installed in his garage the set up for Level 2 charging, so tomorrow we have a date with the DMV to transfer the title of the Leaf to his name, and he takes that sweet electric car home. That frees up a bay in my garage that my 4 electric bikes are going to claim for themselves. All that room will be lovely for them until the Rivian finally comes.

Last edited:
One day you might see mine....if I ever get it. I'll know by the end of the month when Rivian sends out their email (to those of us waiting) when I might expect to possibly take delivery. Maybe.

In the meantime I'm enjoying the heck out of the new Ariya. It is a NICE luxury quality electric car.

Son has installed in his garage the set up for Level 2 charging, so tomorrow we have a date with the DMV to transfer the title of the Leaf to his name, and he takes that sweet electric car home. That frees up a bay in my garage that my 4 electric bikes are going to claim for themselves. All that room will be lovely for them until the Rivian finally comes.
Hope she comes, it seems they are having a bit of trouble filling orders, perhaps there is too much money invested in personnel, its a sad fact, this has happened more than once,I give you the Elio-is that Joker in jail yet?, Arcimoto seems to be floundering a bit as well, production Hell is a thing.

One really nice perk for my new Ariya was the inclusion of a year's free unlimited charging from EVgo. The Ariya was also listed among a very few select EVs to be part of EVgo's new Autocharge+ program for "plug and charge" requiring no cards, no apps.. Once the car and any elected Ego station have been "introduced" with a digital handshake, the car is enrolled in the new program which is very similar to Tesla's card free/app free charging protocol.

It will be nice to simply drive up to any Ego fast charger, plug in, and once done simply hang up the plug and leave.

One really nice perk for my new Ariya was the inclusion of a year's free unlimited charging from EVgo. The Ariya was also listed among a very few select EVs to be part of EVgo's new Autocharge+ program for "plug and charge" requiring no cards, no apps.. Once the car and any elected Ego station have been "introduced" with a digital handshake, the car is enrolled in the new program which is very similar to Tesla's card free/app free charging protocol.

It will be nice to simply drive up to any Ego fast charger, plug in, and once done simply hang up the plug and leave.

👍🏽

We’re on a short road trip right now and I just used EVgo twice. I’m looking at the app right now and it looks like my car is eligible for autocharge+ as well. I’d have tried it had I noticed it earlier.

652288D2-CAAB-40B9-8831-16D941675813.jpeg

Its a very simple few clicks into the program. You can add your car at any EVgo charging station. Next time you stop for a charge, before you plug in, simply click you want to add your car. All you need is the VIN. Two screens later, your car is now in AutoCharge+. Easy.

The Ariya was also listed among a very few select EVs to be part of EVgo's new Autocharge+ program for "plug and charge" requiring no cards, no apps
My 2023 Kia Niro EV is included, too. I don't have any EVgo stations near me but on a trip this weekend I was able to link my Niro to the one EVgo station on my route and it worked like a charm on the way back! Just plugged in and it started charging.

Back