Eggrider V2. Can you adjust torque settings of Bafang M620/G510 motors with this?

Litebike

Region
USA
The Eggrider manual is unclear about torque settings and their associated links don't work. Does anyone know if the Eggrider V2 allows adjustments to torque settings of the Bafang M620/G510 1000w motors? Luna Cycle says the Eggrider V2 will only work for Basic, Pedal, and Throttle settings and I haven't received an answer from Eggrider.

The Eggrider manual is unclear about torque settings and their associated links don't work. Does anyone know if the Eggrider V2 allows adjustments to torque settings of the Bafang M620/G510 1000w motors? Luna Cycle says the Eggrider V2 will only work for Basic, Pedal, and Throttle settings and I haven't received an answer from Eggrider.

Yes, it works for all those tabs. See page 54 of the EggRider manual.
When you're ready to tune, start here: https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/ultra-tuning-master-thread-start-here.52509/

Smorg
I just wish, I could have used it for my Wart Hog with dual battery.............
they said "NO", do not use it on that bike.

Tia,
Don

Smorg
I just wish, I could have used it for my Wart Hog with dual battery.............
they said "NO", do not use it on that bike.

Tia,
Don
If your bike can run on just one battery, maybe do that for the settings and then put the other display back for riding?

Thank you Smorg for all the info you've given us about tuning these motors. Keep up the good work! I don't see a thread discussing the throttle page setting though, that would be helpful. I Think your advice about using the Eggrider only for programming is a good idea and better than using a laptop. My bike (Specter S) has 2 batteries but it can run on just the internal 17ah battery alone. I can unplug the second 14ah battery and/or remove it from the bike. I typically only plug in and use the second battery as a reserve anyway. I'll just have to switch to the Bafang display before I plug in the second battery. It's not an ideal situation but it is a workaround. It's too bad that Eggrider says "no" to 'two battery bikes' especially since they are becoming more available. At least I can tune the torque settings with the Eggrider. I can also use the Eggrider display when riding without the second battery.

Thank you, Smorg
Yes, my Wart Hog will run on 1 battery, so I guess I am back in the game.

Question for you, as I am not sure of all this information, so far,

Once I get my bike programmed, in all 4 sections, will the pedal section over ride the throttle section or vice versa, or does it matter which I choose to power the bike?

This is what I like to do when riding on cow/horse trails average 12-18" wide,
I come to a rock garden, rock steps, big heavy/rough rocky trail sections etc,
I normally stop and go into the 35T gear, Eco 1 step and use the throttle
just enough to get thru, using my big deflectors read (Big feet) to guide
and keep me away from them, then when thru, then I normally go back to peddling still in the 35T gear, sometimes dropping down a gear or two,
if the trail allows it.

I have been copying all of these posts and insert them into my WH log book etc.

Thank you,
Your thoughts and suggestions........
Don

Last edited:
Once I get my bike programmed, in all 4 sections, will the pedal section over ride the throttle section or vice versa, or does it matter which I choose to power the bike?
When you pedal, the pedal/torque tab settings will be used.
When you use the throttle, the throttle tab settings will be used.
I don't know exactly what happens if you do both at the same time, which I've done quite a bit as a way to get some extra boost without changing PAS level. It feels like whatever gives the most power is what happens.

Thanks Smorg. Can you explain the Throttle tab settings? If you already did so, I must have missed it.

Adrian at Eggrider confirmed that the Eggrider V2 does in fact allow programming the G510/M620 torque settings! This is his email reply to my question:
Hi,

Thank you for your message.

Yes, you can adjust the torque settings!

If you need further assistance don't hesitate to contact us again!

Best Regards,
Adrian - EggRider Team
*Since my question was answered by both Smorg and Eggrider, I ordered an Eggrider V2 from Luna cycles.

Im getting ready to apply he Frey "Smooth Tuning" but I dont have a Torque Tab. Anyone know how to get that to show up using the Bafang Programmer?

Im getting ready to apply he Frey "Smooth Tuning" but I dont have a Torque Tab. Anyone know how to get that to show up using the Bafang Programmer?
When you look in the program folder... There are 2 different .exe files.
One has the word Torque in it. That's the one you want to run.

When you look in the program folder... There are 2 different .exe files.
One has the word Torque in it. That's the one you want to run.
When I clicked to download everything, there is only one programing file...see attached picture.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 98
I think your best bet is to read the "other" tuning guides and see if any of them have links that still work. You can read about them here:

I personally recommend the EggRider V2, as that makes the iteration cycle much faster.

Copy that, I did pick up the EggRider V2. Just showed up today actually. I have a lot of reading to do...
EggRider is nice for on the fly changes... But I hate it as a display, if you can call it a display. No desire to use my phone either.
I like using the software, glitchy as it can be as everything is full size and you can open multiple windows for comparison and reviewing past settings

Back