Eggrider V2. Can you adjust torque settings of Bafang M620/G510 motors with this?

EggRider is nice for on the fly changes... But I hate it as a display, if you can call it a display. No desire to use my phone either.
I like using the software, glitchy as it can be as everything is full size and you can open multiple windows for comparison and reviewing past settings
I've not used the software yet, tonight will be my first go at it. What do you mean when you say it's glitchy? What should I watch for?

1. Could not get it to work on my Windows 10 Pro laptop... it doesn't see any ports at all.
The BBS* software works well and I can see the USB/Serial in Device Manager and it has the latest drivers.
It does work well on my Windows 7 laptop
The save function doesn't always work with new file names. Work around, create the file first by copy and pasting into the same folder and then change the name accordingly.
Sometimes serial connection drops if you do more than one read or write or save. But it always writes to the controller correctly first time around, I just double check by closing the program and reopening and doing a read.

nice for on the fly changes...
A decade of riding EVERY BBSxx motor, and selling egg riders (a few gifted here) and I still don’t see the need. IMO it tries to fix what’s not broken. With added complexity and fills an invented need. Ho fucking hum

A decade of riding EVERY BBSxx motor, and selling egg riders (a few gifted here) and I still don’t see the need. IMO it tries to fix what’s not broken. With added complexity and fills an invented need. Ho fucking hum
I know this all to well 😉
I've had my uses for it but in the end I like the giant plasma display and the easily manipulated blindly, large remote buttons of the 860c

Just remember when using the Eggrider, don't use dual battery's on your bike,
use 1 battery ONLY, as Dual battery use will fry the Egg rider, per info I received from Eggrider company, info posted here in this thread.

A decade of riding EVERY BBSxx motor, and selling egg riders (a few gifted here) and I still don’t see the need.
We're talking the Bafang Ultra motor here. Tuning can make significant differences and I find the improvement worthwhile.

Copy that, I did pick up the EggRider V2. Just showed up today actually. I have a lot of reading to do...
With the EggRider you don't need any Bafang software packages. Just install the EggRider App.

I like the EggRider as my controller, not only for the times when I was making changes, but even now being able to use the phone simplifies my cockpit. I run EggRider, RideWithGPS, Music, and even the Sena helmet app on the phone. So, it's all in one place, one nice big display.

EDIT: Another great feature of the EggRider is that you can set the wheel circumference to twice your actual wheel circumference, and then specify two wheel magnets when you only have one. This keeps the MPH and distance displayed correctly, but spreads out the Torque Tab column ranges so that instead of SPD100 starting at 12.5 MPH, it starts at 25 MPH. This has benefits for both off and on road riding. For details see this post:

Last edited:
Sweet thanks, I'm sure this will be helpful.
Hey... Got it working on Windows 10 laptop.
For what ever reason (glitchy as I said) it doesn't populate the Port drop down list, it's totally blank. But if I type in the correct Port using the all CAPS format, it does connect and communicate.
Big help for me as my Windows 7 laptop battery is a terd and I'm not wanting to drop anymore money into it.

How'd you make out?

Since this is an EggRider thread, I'll continue.

If you're not going to tune your motor, then the major advantage of the EggRider is that you get to use your phone as your eBike display. While some won't want to do this ever, for others that use the phone on the bike anyway (for, say, GPS / Navigation apps, Sena helmet control, music, etc.), you end up with a cleaner cockpit with just one display for everything. And you get things like day/night display modes. The EggRider itself then can become just a nice small trigger/switch. I won't argue that if this is your only use it's not compelling. If all you want to do is hop on the bike and ride and aren't particular about how the bike assists, the EggRider isn't for you.

That said, the EggRider gathers interesting information on your rides, which you can download to your phone. Granted, casual riders won't care about this, but this information is useful even for something as mundane as how much power you really need on your next bike. While people here (including myself) were initially all about getting 2000, 2500, or even more watts of power, with the EggRider I get to see just when I go over the stock motor values, if ever. Yes, I know some other displays have this capability as well.

And then, even for "light" tuning (which every stock Bafang setup I've seen needs), the EggRider is more flexible. For instance, instead of being forced to choose between a list of stock wheel sizes (really rim sizes), you not only get a list of tire sizes (more accurate), you can also directly enter the actual effective tire circumference so that your MPH/distance readings are accurate. Plus, EggRider lets you choose the number of assist levels you want while some displays limit you to 5 levels max.

For "moderate" tuning, where you change the percentage values on the Basic tab, I'd argue that the latest EggRider is easier to setup and use than finding, downloading, installing, and running some archaic windows application that isn't supported. While early versions of the EggRider software required special apps and procedures in order to update the firmware, the version you buy today (and for the past couple of years) has built-in update capabilities.

Which brings up one other benefit - it supports a wide range of non-Bafang motor controllers, including Rad Power, Lishui, Mate X, Kunteng, and ASI, covering CoastCycles, Urban Drivestyle, CYC Motors, Ride 1UP, etc. For some of those bikes/controllers there really aren't any other good non-stock options.

And, finally, for Ultra tuning, getting all the parameters right on the Torque Tab takes a bunch of iterative trail-and-error loops. Heck, even finding your Ultra's lowest torque voltage value (the "Continuous Get" function) is harder with a laptop connected to your bicycle than with a wireless bluetooth-connected phone. And then for tuning, being able to ride a short distance, stop and on your phone modify a parameter and then ride sure beats riding, riding home, turning things off, disconnecting the display, connecting the laptop, firing up the program with the right port, changing the value, saving the values, disconnecting the laptop, reconnecting the display, and then finally riding. It's a complete game changer. The kicker for me is that since Bafang SpdXX columns on the Torque Tab max out to SPD100 above 12.5 MPH, the only way I've found to extend the speed range over which the 6 columns operate is to double the wheel circumference and say you have two wheel magnets when you only have one. Now you've got a range of adjustable values between 0 and 25MPH. So far, the EggRider in the only unit that lets me enter a really large wheel circumference value (2304mm for me).

As an old retired guy on medicare myself, I didn't find anything daunting. It's far from "fixing a problem that's not broken" or an "invented need."

I have no relationship with the company except I bought one and like it.

Last edited:
I say forget all that because I can.
I like being able to manipulate the buttons easily even on bumpy terrain without looking or with full finger gloves on. A READABLE display with just the basics is more than adequate. And the last thing I want to do when riding is look at my phone... I unplug as much as possible. Could care less about compiling data... I can process most of what I need to know with just a little experience.
But hey.. I ride for my pleasure, not to be an internet superstar.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like being able to manipulate the buttons easily even on bumpy terrain without looking or with full finger gloves on.
I do that with the EggRider all the time. Just because you've connected your phone doesn't mean you can't use the physical buttons on the EggRider.

As a tech nerd, I like the ability to tweak settings during a ride. Easier to tweak via phone vs carrying my 17" xps laptop. I do use my phone while I ride for music, figuring out where I am.
I can see where the eggrider display sucks vs a bigger display.
One other thing I have found cool is using the EggPi software (eggrider facebook group in files) to save the rides to my virtual machine to see all the stats. still working on the mapping.
Not here to piss on either side. The eggrider fits my style.
If you like to tweak and tweak on the go and use your phone on a ride a lot, then the eggrider may work for you. If you do not tweak much and are fine with a program, a program cable, and a windows laptop, great do not get the eggrider.

tweak=reprogram

Last edited:
As a tech nerd, I like the ability to tweak settings during a ride. Easier to tweak via phone vs carrying my 17" xps laptop. I do use my phone while I ride for music, figuring out where I am.
I can see where the eggrider display sucks vs a bigger display.
One other thing I have found cool is using the EggPi software (eggrider facebook group in files) to save the rides to my virtual machine to see all the stats. still working on the mapping.
Not here to piss on either side. The eggrider fits my style.
If you like to tweak and tweak on the go and use your phone on a ride a lot, then the eggrider may work for you. If you do not tweak much and are fine with a program, a program cable, and a windows laptop, great do not get the eggrider.

tweak=reprogram
Tech nerd yes.. Stats, not so much.
I've found it more productive to ride for more than a bit, encounter multiple ride/terrain situations and think about how each was affected... then sleep on it and make changes the next morning with a cup of coffee and without haste.
I've used the EggRider many a time as you say.. It does work and great if something is totally wrong but typically I'm in no rush and rather enjoy my ride than make constant changes.
Hate looking at my phone on a ride and it's only for emergencies or for something unplanned. Purposely handle music with an independent sd card speaker.

Back