Ebikemotion x35 speed limiter "fix"

level 1 to 100% 100wh, level 2 to 100% 150wh, level 3 to 100% 250wh
I recently purchased a Bianchi Aria E road bike and have been challenged in locating the feature within the ebikemotion app that controls the percentage level of assist. Could you please list the step by step method in changing the factory default settings. Thanks.

OK Drbike I try my best from German in English.
1. Very importan!!!!!!! You must have a bluetooth connection from Ebikemotion APP to YOUR ORBEA or in your case Bianca bike. Otherwise (without bluetooth connection the factory level doesn't appear !!!)

2. If you have bluetooth connection the second screen shot appear and you are able to change each of this 3 levels separate. In my case first level shows light blue and I am able to change from left to right the value 1% to 100%, as sown by the shoot screen No. 3

All the best

Attachments

• 53FBFF2D-3215-41F1-9EAC-487A66DCB603.jpeg
    53FBFF2D-3215-41F1-9EAC-487A66DCB603.jpeg
    260 KB · Views: 744
  • CB20D272-F6B9-41DD-8C79-4F30440CA41B.jpeg
    CB20D272-F6B9-41DD-8C79-4F30440CA41B.jpeg
    256.6 KB · Views: 739
  • AC16AC52-1EA6-4449-B705-8BF5F60A4940.jpeg
    AC16AC52-1EA6-4449-B705-8BF5F60A4940.jpeg
    60 KB · Views: 749
OK Drbike I try my best from German in English.
1. Very importan!!!!!!! You must have a bluetooth connection from Ebikemotion APP to YOUR ORBEA or in your case Bianca bike. Otherwise (without bluetooth connection the factory level doesn't appear !!!)

2. If you have bluetooth connection the second screen shot appear and you are able to change each of this 3 levels separate. In my case first level shows light blue and I am able to change from left to right the value 1% to 100%, as sown by the shoot screen No. 3

All the best
Thanks, your examples were excellent and can’t believed I missed the bar graph screen.👍👍

Hello Everyone!

This is my first post. I just ordered a Pinarello Dyodo yesterday and have a few more days before it ships. I rushed to purchase as I’m just seeing the sale price of $4500 and they appear to be selling out. It also appears that Pinarello has discontinued the Dyodo as it’s no longer on their website. So I need to quickly find answers I didn’t have time to research before purchasing.

1. Has a fix been developed for the 20 mph speed limit of the US version of the x35?
2. Does the heart rate function work as advertised?
3. Does anyone have an idea why Pinarello would discontinue the Dyodo. The Nyrto is still on their website.
4. Is their anyone here who would not recommend the x35 system and why?

Again, I rushed to purchase and now I’m trying to figure if it was a bad idea before it ships.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Roland aka Pinarider

Hello Everyone!

This is my first post. I just ordered a Pinarello Dyodo yesterday and have a few more days before it ships. I rushed to purchase as I’m just seeing the sale price of $4500 and they appear to be selling out. It also appears that Pinarello has discontinued the Dyodo as it’s no longer on their website. So I need to quickly find answers I didn’t have time to research before purchasing.

1. Has a fix been developed for the 20 mph speed limit of the US version of the x35?
3. Does anyone have an idea why Pinarello would discontinue the Dyodo. The Nyrto is still on their website.

Again, I rushed to purchase and now I’m trying to figure if it was a bad idea before it ships.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Roland aka Pinarider

1. There is no reliable fix for the 20mph max for the x35. An Australian firm has had mixed results that you can research on this website.
2. I don’t use a heart rate monitor but others report good results if compatible
3. I would say the Nyrto out performs the Dyodo and producing two race type bikes is not a good business decision.
4. The performance of the x35 fits my needs, helps going up the hills and it’s easier to hang with my riding group. I’m the oldest in my group at 73 with bad knees and have been biking for 38 years. Other folks may have different needs. If I had a do over, I would make the same purchase.

1. There is no reliable fix for the 20mph max for the x35. An Australian firm has had mixed results that you can research on this website.
2. I don’t use a heart rate monitor but others report good results if compatible
3. I would say the Nyrto out performs the Dyodo and producing two race type bikes is not a good business decision.
4. The performance of the x35 fits my needs, helps going up the hills and it’s easier to hang with my riding group. I’m the oldest in my group at 73 with bad knees and have been biking for 38 years. Other folks may have different needs. If I had a do over, I would make the same purchase.
Thanks for your feedback Drbike! I really appreciate it.

I'm guessing you are referring to the dongle. Yeah I read somewhere that it wasn't a solid fix. I didn't think about it before I bought but the group rides that I normally do spend quite a bit of time above 20mph. It might be a challenge to keep up over long distances with my reduced fitness and a heavier bike. But the fact that I'm riding at all should help with the fitness issue so maybe it will only be a problem temporarily. The reason I bought the bike is so I can do the rides I use to without getting dropped completely. At least with this bike I have a chance of catching up on the hills.

It appears I was wrong about the Dyodo being discontinued. Apparently I didn't have my country settings correct on their website. When I went back and set it to USA, it now shows the Dyodo and no Nytro. So it's comforting to know that they are still producing it. So why the "clearance" pricing? Maybe they were 2019 models? I seen them advertised as both 2019 and 2020. But no one could get me a black and red in 55cm. I had to get BoB (Black on Black).

I almost didn't buy because of color but then I seen a BoB version with blue bar tape and it occurred to me that I could do the same thing with the seat post. So now I plan to add red accents and let it go at that. I may even like it better that way.

Here's a picture I had my daughter photoshop to get a glimpse of things I could easily do. Notice the red inside the fork and ?chainstays?? Also a little red paint on the wheels. I may also do the underside of the downtube. I'll try a few different configurations in Photoshop until I'm happy.

Thanks again for your feedback. I look forward to hearing what others have to add.

Pinarider

Pinarello-Dyodo-Custom-Black-and-Red-Hi-Res.png

Last edited:
Howdy,
I just ordered my Pinarello and the salesperson told me that they are doing a serious upgrade for 2022; that’s the reason for the discount.

Hello Everyone!
Thanks in advance for any feedback. Roland aka Pinarider

Here is some additional information on the current Pinarello Dyodo models on sale... hope this helps. ;)

Here is some additional information on the current Pinarello Dyodo models on sale... hope this helps. ;)

Fix for 20 MPH? Do you want that up or down?

I thought I was getting a 15.5 MPH (the Euro 25 KPH). Since most of my riding is under a 15 MPH speed limit having it come back on automatically would have been great. The fastest I've gone is now 42 MPH, the limit is just an off point where it silently disconnects. I change my Orbea to Continental GP 5000 TL and that really made it fly. The X35 system is all about riding with it off unless you need it.

These days, 23-25 MPH is what you ride at with a fast group, and that is a great solo cruising speed range too. That's why Specialized makes all their road and gravel ebikes to the 28 MPH USA standard. I don't get how people in other parts of the world can even use ebike systems that top out at 15.5. I have an Orbea Gain and am going to sell it because I am frequently at the 20 MPH limit and wanting a little more assist.

These days, 23-25 MPH is what you ride at with a fast group, and that is a great solo cruising speed range too. That's why Specialized makes all their road and gravel ebikes to the 28 MPH USA standard. I don't get how people in other parts of the world can even use ebike systems that top out at 15.5. I have an Orbea Gain and am going to sell it because I am frequently at the 20 MPH limit and wanting a little more assist.

I've been riding with fast groups that commonly cruise above 20mph and I found that all I have to do is stay in the draft and I have no problem keeping up. When any rise of 2% or greater is reached, they tend to drop below 20mph and thus I get assistance to offset the extra weight. Works for me!

Yesterday I completed a 73 mile ride at an 18mph average with 3200 ft of climbing and only used 49% of the battery. I only use assistance on the hills and when my legs start to tire near the end of the ride. I think that is the way e-Road bikes were intended to be used.

1600108585904.png

Fix for 20 MPH? Do you want that up or down?

I thought I was getting a 15.5 MPH (the Euro 25 KPH). Since most of my riding is under a 15 MPH speed limit having it come back on automatically would have been great. The fastest I've gone is now 42 MPH, the limit is just an off point where it silently disconnects. I change my Orbea to Continental GP 5000 TL and that really made it fly. The X35 system is all about riding with it off unless you need it.

If you have the US version of the Pinarello, you should be getting 20 mph... according to the Comp Cyclist website.

The pedal assist motor will help up to speeds of 20mph, after that, you're on your own. Battery life depends on many factors including elevation, rider weight, wind etc., however, a good approximation is around 4,000ft of elevation gain in maximum support mode. Pinarello is working on an additional water bottle mounted battery that can double the range

I have a supersix evo neo 1 and using cable ... it adds bit of speed over the 25 limit but I noted it doses few help beyond. Few as per the mahle app you can see 2, 3, % and so on... I don't know if it's an error of the app but if not is very few but good enough to compensate a bit the weight and additional drag of the bike. I don't really note nor hear anything. I use the bike as a training tool and I have level 1 at 25% level 2 at 30% and level 3 at 80% . I use to go in level 2 and that help is very few you don’t feel it really and I note that at those assist levels you can train very naturally and when you need a rest or you don’t feel ok you just go level 3 if you’re in uphill and recover properly to don’t get stuck in the ramp. So cable for me adds this little softening effect . That’s my experience but keep in mind I can do 33kms/h training in normal bikes and with this I am not faster , I just go more uphill and nicer terrains without killing my knees and dosing effort much better. And that’s my purpose. So I recommend the cable yes. In my case for 80kms with 1000mtrs level I only use 20% battery for you to make an idea of my usage. My weight is 73 kilos. My averaged watts about 200. Normalized depends if I go endurance or do series can be from 190-200 to 250. Love ebikes even if for my teammates is a sacrilege 😁

Hi. Has anyone got wilier cento 1 and took battery out?
I removed and replaced the battery on my Bianchi Aria eRoad... I would think it should be similar to the Willier. I only did it because I was clumsy and dropped a bolt into the downtube and couldn't shake it out. It took me several hours but it all worked when finished. It was a good experience for learning more about the bike but there were a lot of cuss words flying around my garage.

I removed and replaced the battery on my Bianchi Aria eRoad... I would think it should be similar to the Willier. I only did it because I was clumsy and dropped a bolt into the downtube and couldn't shake it out. It took me several hours but it all worked when finished. It was a good experience for learning more about the bike but there were a lot of cuss words flying around my garage.
Did you have to remove the fork? Please share what you learned as I plan to remove my battery and motor once my fitness in regained. Thanks!

Did you have to remove the fork? Please share what you learned as I plan to remove my battery and motor once my fitness in regained. Thanks!
It's been a while since I removed the battery so I don't remember all the details. I did take the fork out but I think it was to see if I could shake out the bolt. Before you replace the battery and seal everything up be sure to check that all the connections are tight. I had to take the battery back out after there's a problem that turned out to be a loose connection.

It's been a while since I removed the battery so I don't remember all the details. I did take the fork out but I think it was to see if I could shake out the bolt. Before you replace the battery and seal everything up be sure to check that all the connections are tight. I had to take the battery back out after there's a problem that turned out to be a loose connection.
I think YouTube has a vid showing the steps in removing the battery through the bottom bracke.

I think YouTube has a vid showing the steps in removing the battery through the bottom bracke.
I've seen that video, but it doesn't show how to reinstall it. I'm thinking it may be necessary to remove the fork in order to route the wires up to the IWOC controller button. That's what I'm trying to confirm.

Thanks

Back