Ebikemotion x35 speed limiter "fix"

At some point there will be an inline dongle one can purchase that changes the signal so it appears to be going slower than 20mph or whatever. Maybe these guys have it already and I didn't realize https://www.ebiketuning.com/

Like this one. This a prototype I have been working on for a while. I am getting a 14% increase in speed. PM me if you’re interested.

Attachments

• EBF35306-CE36-41B5-866A-EE1FAF2259D7.jpeg
    EBF35306-CE36-41B5-866A-EE1FAF2259D7.jpeg
    119.2 KB · Views: 3,959
So back to the original question: Has anyone come up with a speed limiter "fix" or hack on the ebikemotion? Also, Specialized (according to rumors) is about to come out with their e road bikes. They will NOT bee using the ebikemotion motor but something else. They were supposed to announce in early July, but so far have heard nothing.

To add some life to this thread and keep things nice and fresh, I have been able to get another 14% speed out of the X35 system and created a non intrusive dongle to install inline with the power cable under the chainstay. Testing has been positive and we have now started working on a release for you guys. We are already looking at extending that percentage further.

To add some life to this thread and keep things nice and fresh, I have been able to get another 14% speed out of the X35 system and created a non intrusive dongle to install inline with the power cable under the chainstay. Testing has been positive and we have now started working on a release for you guys. We are already looking at extending that percentage further.
It would be nice if you could make it as short as possible. 14% isn't quite enough for me (22.8 mph). I did a group ride today and got dropped when the speed got over 26 mph.

Last edited:
Work in progress. Current one does fit nicely on the Orbeas and Williers. Excess cable can be tucked into the bottom bracket.

Have been for two weeks my friend 78 and I 73 a Bianchi_Aria_e Road.
Since group driving with younger is already difficult in against wind.
The group drives more than the 25Kmh limit. With the dongel helped a lot.
I've been looking for a way to go faster for weeks. thought to read more software over with tiny-can.
I would be happy to buy such a dongel. Sorry for bad english .lg.Geri

Hi all,

I'm from Paris France and new on this site. After a bad accident 5 years ago that let me disabled I recently purchased a Wilier cento Hy to be able to follow my friends and have fun. I read most of the posts and I noticed that some are discussing about their tuning on the assist levels. It raised me a question: What are the nominal output at 100% for each level (colour)? So I contacted Mahle and aked them. Surprise, they don't know! After a few messages I've been told that each bike manufacturer set-up the X35 with their own choice of curves.
I'm saying curves because the ouput is not linear (at least for Wilier) and depends on level AND speed. So I contacted Wilier and they provided me this graph that was really useful for me to set-up my assistance.
On the graph (for Europe) you can notice a few things:
- Verticaly you see the % of the power the X35 delivers (when at 100% on the app), horizontaly the speed in Km/h ; I guess it's another graph in the US.
You never get the full 250W as the red level (grey curve) caps to 90% max of power. i.e 225W ; orange gets you 125W max and green (blue curve) only 75W, I guess this is why it's called eco mode!
- You get the max output between 15-20km/h and 23, then it goes down again.
- When you use the app to decrease the % of assistance you change the whole curve of this level by moving it to the bottom of the graph.
Some conclusions for my personal use of the system:
- There's no point of lowering the green level as 75W are not much anyway
- The difference between orange and red curve is big, so I played on the red one.
- Talking about our % with people having a X35 with another bike brand doesn't make much sense as manufacturers probably have different settings meaning that 65% on the orange for a Wilier may give a different output on Orbea...etc.

I don't know if it's possible but as an evolution I'd like to have a fourth assist level (purple?) that one could tune at a certain % of power (maybe caped to X%) with a flat curve between 15 and 25 km/h. On long climbs that would help to manage efforts.

I'm very happy with my Wilier that weight 11,6kg complete with pedals, bottle cages... I could ride 110km with 1100m D+ and came back with 20% battery. I cannot make such distance anymore with my normal bike, so good investment.

Attachments

• mappa motore Cento1 Hybrid.jpg
    mappa motore Cento1 Hybrid.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 1,606
Like this one. This a prototype I have been working on for a while. I am getting a 14% increase in speed. PM me if you’re interested.
Hello eBikeWhisperer, very interesting. Could you explain the principles of the device? How it can change the speed limit?
14% is already quite good!
Thanks

Hi all,

I'm from Paris France and new on this site. After a bad accident 5 years ago that let me disabled I recently purchased a Wilier cento Hy to be able to follow my friends and have fun. I read most of the posts and I noticed that some are discussing about their tuning on the assist levels. It raised me a question: What are the nominal output at 100% for each level (colour)? So I contacted Mahle and aked them. Surprise, they don't know! After a few messages I've been told that each bike manufacturer set-up the X35 with their own choice of curves.
I'm saying curves because the ouput is not linear (at least for Wilier) and depends on level AND speed. So I contacted Wilier and they provided me this graph that was really useful for me to set-up my assistance.
On the graph (for Europe) you can notice a few things:
- Verticaly you see the % of the power the X35 delivers (when at 100% on the app), horizontaly the speed in Km/h ; I guess it's another graph in the US.
You never get the full 250W as the red level (grey curve) caps to 90% max of power. i.e 225W ; orange gets you 125W max and green (blue curve) only 75W, I guess this is why it's called eco mode!
- You get the max output between 15-20km/h and 23, then it goes down again.
- When you use the app to decrease the % of assistance you change the whole curve of this level by moving it to the bottom of the graph.
Some conclusions for my personal use of the system:
- There's no point of lowering the green level as 75W are not much anyway
- The difference between orange and red curve is big, so I played on the red one.
- Talking about our % with people having a X35 with another bike brand doesn't make much sense as manufacturers probably have different settings meaning that 65% on the orange for a Wilier may give a different output on Orbea...etc.

I don't know if it's possible but as an evolution I'd like to have a fourth assist level (purple?) that one could tune at a certain % of power (maybe caped to X%) with a flat curve between 15 and 25 km/h. On long climbs that would help to manage efforts.

I'm very happy with my Wilier that weight 11,6kg complete with pedals, bottle cages... I could ride 110km with 1100m D+ and came back with 20% battery. I cannot make such distance anymore with my normal bike, so good investment.

Ebikemotion indicated that with the Gain, sometime in the future? They will be introducing more output curves for riders differing needs.

Hi Jaxx, what do you mean by the Gain? Do you know if these changes would be availble for the machines already on the market?
Thanks

Hi Jaxx, what do you mean by the Gain? Do you know if these changes would be availble for the machines already on the market?
Thanks

By the Gain, I mean Orbea Gain. My understanding is yes. It's only a download then update to the management system.

Have been for two weeks my friend 78 and I 73 a Bianchi_Aria_e Road.
Since group driving with younger is already difficult in against wind.
The group drives more than the 25Kmh limit. With the dongel helped a lot.
I've been looking for a way to go faster for weeks. thought to read more software over with tiny-can.
I would be happy to buy such a dongel. Sorry for bad english .lg.Geri
Hi Geri. I’ll need to have a look at the Aria when it lands in Australia. It won’t be here for 2 months. I will post more information in a week or so on how you guys can get hold of one. Happy riding.

Hello eBikeWhisperer, very interesting. Could you explain the principles of the device? How it can change the speed limit?
14% is already quite good!
Thanks
Thank you for your question Wiliertrestina. We can't tell you how it works, however it is a passive unit that is powered by the bike with next to no current draw for the bikes battery. This is a non intrusive unit meaning that there is no modification the the original build of the bike. We believe that the motor speed is controlled by two variables. We have identified one, now onto the other. A Video will be released shortly on its installation and speed demonstration.

Bonjour j'ai un gain d'orbea qui est tres sympa mais effectivement en france on est limité a 25kmh. Un peu plus ne serait pas trop. Je trouve déjà que 14% de plus n'est pas mauvais. Quel sera le moyen d'obtenir un dongle

Last edited:
Good day to you. I am in the process of making the dongles. There will be a webshop where they will become available. I will up uploading a video soon of how to install and it working on a bike stand. Today I made some adjustments and had the bike powering to 30.4kph I will keep everyone posted.

[QUOTE = "eBikeWhisperer, publicación: 210329, miembro: 25255"]
Que tengas un buen día. Estoy en el proceso de hacer los dongles. Habrá una tienda web donde estarán disponibles. Pronto subiré un video sobre cómo instalarlo y cómo funciona en un soporte para bicicletas. Hoy hice algunos ajustes y hice que la bicicleta alcanzara los 30.4 km / h. Mantendré a todos informados.
[/CITAR]

117/5000

¡Guauu! Superiorrrrrr ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡Ya está perfecto para ver que el dongle funciona en ¡¡¡¡¡30'4 km / ja sueña ... Gracias

Back