Ebikemotion x35 speed limiter "fix"

Good morning everyone. I have done a quick video of the dongle in use with an Orbea Gain. This bike is restricted to Australian Legislation which is 25kph.

We are currently waiting for components to arrive so production will commence shortly.

Attachments

• Dongle_Fitted.jpg
    Dongle_Fitted.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 3,001
Whisper,
In the US mine is set at 20 mph max. speed but 25 or so would be a nice boost for flat ground when the group picks up the pace over 20 mph. I have the Bianchi Aria but it is the same hardware as the Orbea. I don't know if Bianchi programs their bikes differently, but software differences and possibly the fit of the cables to the frame could be issues of your design for Orbea when used on other brands.

Good morning everyone. I have done a quick video of the dongle in use with an Orbea Gain. This bike is restricted to Australian Legislation which is 25kph.

We are currently waiting for components to arrive so production will commence shortly.

hello, I can't wait to edit this change. I wait to order the dongle!
orbea gain m20i italia

I have the Wilier cento. Any idea of potential costs

Whisper,
to reach the your test speed (video) the percentage is over 20%.
On an orbea gain bike, do you guarantee that the speed can exceed 30 km / h?

I have the Wilier cento. Any idea of potential costs
Hi Stevenson. The dongles are $250.00 AUD. International shipping outside of Australia is a flat fee of $20.00

I have currently sold out. I have parts for production arriving soon.

You can order from the following address. https://www.sccarbonrepairs.com/shop

If you subscribe, I will send out a message notifying you when new ones are available.

Thank you for your interest.

Whisper,
to reach the your test speed (video) the percentage is over 20%.
On an orbea gain bike, do you guarantee that the speed can exceed 30 km / h?

Whisper

can you answer to my question? It is important to know how fast the dongle can reach my orbea. Before buying the dongle I would like to have this info guaranteed.
Thanks

Whisper

can you answer to my question? It is important to know how fast the dongle can reach my orbea. Before buying the dongle I would like to have this info guaranteed.
Thanks
Thank you for your patience. I have tested the dongle on two Orbea Gains. The test video shows the bike reaching over 30kph. Without the dongle the wheel spun up to 25kph. I'm happy to post that video too. I have no reason to believe why yours would be any different.
I hope this helps.

Last edited:
Whisper,
In the US mine is set at 20 mph max. speed but 25 or so would be a nice boost for flat ground when the group picks up the pace over 20 mph. I have the Bianchi Aria but it is the same hardware as the Orbea. I don't know if Bianchi programs their bikes differently, but software differences and possibly the fit of the cables to the frame could be issues of your design for Orbea when used on other brands.

Hi Karl. You are lucky in the US that has a different business structure to what we have in Australia. I don't expect to see them here until October this year. Yes it is possible for the manufacturers to have a "Custom" power curve. I cannot vouch for what they have done yet and have not tested, so maybe best to wait to be 100%.

I went on a 26-mile billy goat ride on my Bianchi Aria eRoad today with 3 friends. I used almost 3/4 of the battery (mostly on the climb) but I was way ahead of the others who are all stronger than me without the motor. They did get back at me on the slightly downhill finish when they kicked it up to 23-24 mph. I was suffering and almost got dropped... and wishing I had the 3-4 mph boost from Whisperer's dongle hack... 20 mph speed limiter + 17% dongle = 23.4 mph.

Attachments

• elev.JPG
    elev.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 634
Thank you for your patience. I have tested the dongle on two Orbea Gains. The test video shows the bike reaching over 30kph. Without the dongle the wheel spun up to 25kph. I'm happy to post that video too. I have no reason to believe why yours would be any different.
I hope this helps.
So, if the dongle reacts differently to the power curve choosen by the bike manufacturer, we need the info brand by brand? What about Wilier, any result so far?
Thanks
Jeff
PS : I posted the Wilier power curves on a previous post.

So, if the dongle reacts differently to the power curve choosen by the bike manufacturer, we need the info brand by brand? What about Wilier, any result so far?
Thanks
Jeff
PS : I posted the Wilier power curves on a previous post.
Thanks Jeff. I’m having our Wilier Sales Rep give me a bike next week to make some comparisons.

Hi everyone. Thank you for all your questions, input, and interest in this venture. If you do have any questions or information that may help grow this product I will do my best to answer as quickly as I can. I have (as expected) been inundated with messages. If I have not responded at all to a question, just send me a polite nudge to remind me. I may have overlooked it.

Are the ridden kms in the ebikemotion computer still correct? Will they be less, more or equal?
What do you change with your "chip"? You delay the cutoff I presume?

Back