Cross Current

I don't like it, but I haven't had any trouble with it since I trued & dished it so I'm ok with keeping the wheel rolling. It it very tempting to have the wheels rebuilt with quality spokes & nice tough rims like the Velocity Dyads on my pushbike.

True, the front wheel you could even go with one of the pre-built options although 36 spoke front wheels aren't usually a problem. The rear wheel is what would benefit most from a rebuild. I'm going to get the spoke tension evened out and see how it fares. What I've read is that the absolute spoke tension doesn't matter as much as them being relatively even on the DS and NDS (DS being higher). The loose spokes are the ones that break.

Ok pretty much using the same points I used only without the extra rack mods. So the hole on that side was re-tapped.

Nice idea with removing the quick release lever from the seatpost collar. Should save me $5 on a new one.

The Blackburn Central 700x60 fenders I ordered should arrive tomorrow & if they fit I'll try to mount them on the same spot as the rack. If everything fits that should complete my CC as a full fledge commuter.

Did those Blackburn 700x60 fenders end up fitting your Crosscurrent? I'm looking to get fenders and those look like the best bet right now.

Did those Blackburn 700x60 fenders end up fitting your Crosscurrent? I'm looking to get fenders and those look like the best bet right now.

Yes, they're pretty good. I did lose a rear mudflap. The front mudflap could use some more length since I've had snow accumulate on the bottom few inches of the downtube. Good coverage, look, & fit with 45mm tires. They look a little big here because I recently swapped to 40mm Schwalbe Marathon Winter studded tires for winter.
121916_CC_winter.jpg

Ok folks, the Super Extended range packs were just approved and the first batch are being sent now!

This Panasonic 48V / 17.4Ah pack is among the highest capacity packs on the market and will unlock some serious performance. We spent over a year designing and tooling everything in-house and it is exclusive to Juiced Bikes.

The capacity is 835 Wh roughly 2.2 x more than the standard CrossCurrent pack and the Panasonic cells are a healthy 3C discharge. So roughly 41 - 83 miles range depending on how you ride.

We will offer the initial run of packs as "developer units" available only to existing CrossCurrent owners for real world range reporting. It's compatible with all juiced "Current-Series" e-bikes (aside from the step thru)

The packs are normally $999, but as a developer you can get it for $699 - and you can keep the stock pack, no need to trade-in. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us. We have a very limited number of units, so first come first serve.

The full rollout of these incredible packs will come Late April early May.

Here is the link to order:

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Super+Extended+Range+-+Poster.jpg

78C+-+Battery+-+The+making+2.jpg

Ok folks, the Super Extended range packs were just approved and the first batch are being sent now!

This Panasonic 48V / 17.4Ah pack is among the highest capacity packs on the market and will unlock some serious performance. We spent over a year designing and tooling everything in-house and it is exclusive to Juiced Bikes.

The capacity is 835 Wh roughly 2.2 x more than the standard CrossCurrent pack and the Panasonic cells are a healthy 3C discharge. So roughly 41 - 83 miles range depending on how you ride.

We will offer the initial run of packs as "developer units" available only to existing CrossCurrent owners for real world range reporting. It's compatible with all juiced "Current-Series" e-bikes (aside from the step thru)

The packs are normally $999, but as a developer you can get it for $699 - and you can keep the stock pack, no need to trade-in. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us. We have a very limited number of units, so first come first serve.

Very impressive stuff!
Great work, Tora!

Super+Extended+Range+-+Poster.jpg

78C+-+Battery+-+The+making+2.jpg

Exciting stuff. How much do the new batteries weigh compared to the stock 7.8?

Tora, congratulations! Along with the new, higher capacity battery you've shown all of us that Juiced does what it promised. In this marketplace, that's something to be admired.

Jack

Looks like the bigger batteries will prevent the use of the water bottle cage at least on medium size. I also wonder if a charger is included in the price due to the bigger capacity & different plug. It is tempting to not have to carry a charger to work everyday and have more overhead even though the 10.4 battery has held up well so far this winter through a one hour one way 16 miles in temps as low as below 0F.

Last edited:
Looks like the bigger batteries will prevent the use of the water bottle cage at least on medium size. I also wonder if a charger is included in the price due to the bigger capacity & different plug.

Unfortunately the water bottle cage may not work. Thats the trade-off. The pack can use our charger from the U500. The Super Extended Range packs also come with an adaptor to use the CC's stock charger. DC head to 4 pin XLR.

A quick video overview of the Super Extended Range Pack - Panasonic 48v / 17.4 Ah and 21 Ah for the "Current-Series" of e-bikes by Juiced Bikes.

Now Avalibile

Two thumbs up for the thumbnail of the video :D

I'm tempted to get in on the 17.4ah deal but I really want to wait for the 21ah version. I have a Cycle Satiator charger now and the 21ah charged to 80% for battery longevity would give me the range I'm looking for on S mode.

I'm tempted to get in on the 17.4ah deal but I really want to wait for the 21ah version. I have a Cycle Satiator charger now and the 21ah charged to 80% for battery longevity would give me the range I'm looking for on S mode.

You can go for the 17.4 Ah first and we can swap you out for the 21.0s when it becomes available. Your are local so its easy. We just need to get some real world range figures.

Sounds like a deal. I'll place an order for the 17.4ah developer version. I'm currently doing 150-200 miles a week on the Cross Current so lots of range testing won't be a problem.

Last edited:
Tora, will this adapter work with the new 17.4aH battery? I'm using a Cycle Satiator and don't want to daisy chain three adapters together to charge the new battery with the Cycle Satiator.

Tora, will this adapter work with the new 17.4aH battery? I'm using a Cycle Satiator and don't want to daisy chain three adapters together to charge the new battery with the Cycle Satiator.

Yeah, that will work, in fact the internals are more or less just the U500's with different cells and repackeaged into the CCs downtube form factor. Charge port is the same as the U500's, 4 Pin XLR. Anyway the Packs come with an adaptor DC-to-4 Pin XLR so you can use the stock CC's Charger.

Back