Cheetah Gel Seat and Mirrors Update and Reviews.

The Civi Cheetah comes with an oversized padded saddle with coiled spring suspension underneath. While not a totally bad seat, it does start feeling pretty firm on a long ride so I started shopping around for something more comfortable. I came across the Yoleo Gel bicycle seat, waterproof, ventilated, ergonomic, dual ball suspension, and an extra thick padded full size seat. Plus it has cool Red pin striping accents that match my bicycle nicely. Looks like it should have come this way. The seatpost clamp it comes with is a small diameter and is easily removed for rail mounting. It was a piece of cake to install and adjust.
Bottom line is it's a huge improvement and I love it! The red stripes and highlights really go with the bike and make the look.
Several companies market the seat under different names and it comes in a couple of colors. Yoleo was cheapest on Amazon, about $38.00.

A mirror, or mirrors were definitely a safety necessity and come in a wide variety of styles. I wanted a functional pair easy to see out of and came across a fun set of aluminum matt black creepy bone fingers, clamp on handlebars mirrors. The installation was straight forward and easy. I did not need the height extensions that came with them. They have quality mirrors and excellent finish, the matt black matching my other accessories nicely. TopCabin is the brand I bought and they come in a couple of other colors. Black, silver, or blue. About $20.00 on Amazon.

Future upgrades planned are a larger chainring for cadence at speed and a rear rack bag. Watch for more reviews.

As always, keep it upright and be safe. You can always tell a happy a happy bike rider by the bugs in his teeth!

20200706_174735.jpg
20200706_174722.jpg

20200706_174648.jpg
20200706_175016.jpg
20200706_175147.jpg

Last edited:
What is the black canister strapped to your fork tube used for may I ask?

Oh yeah, that is a good picture of my Bear Spray in an elastic holster tie wrapped to the front forks.
You just never know what you'll come across. I didn't need the Bear spray but came upon 5 big cows in the road the other day. It was kind of narrow so we stopped and accessed the situation and decided to proceed around them to let the farmer know.
Well holy crap, I spooked the cows with my bike movements and this huge cow gallops along side of me and I think I'm about to be sideswiped and squished, cows running everywhere. I throttled up and got out of there! One of those moments your heart skips a beat.
So far no bears! 🐻

Holly Cow!! (See what I did there) LOL! That's just crazy! Us city slickers don't usually have to contend with wild beasts but would most likely need this solution for riot gear! Your riding area is so beautiful and peaceful looking, outsiders simply do not think of those types of animals popping up. We watched a family of bears cruise through the campground while in Yosemite when the kids were little and I have heard of mountain lions attacking MTN bikers above the hills of the city but that's pretty rare...Please keep posting your awesome photos!

Would you mind posting a pic of how you mounted that rear brake light? I have the exact same one and cannot figure out how to mount it to the license plate frame....

Had to get creative. I used 4 tie-wraps using the optional 2 pc seat mount. I screwed it together and drilled holes through the plastic bracket for the tie-wraps and cinched it to the metal plate bracket with 4 tie-wrap cable ties.
Fits protected under the rack nicely and is easily removable for charging. Photos show some details.
Tape over the daylight senor on the bottom of the light to use in the daylight. I ride with it flashing red and rarely use the blinkers or the lasers. I'm never sure they're turned off. Just want to be seen. Be well.
Best regards

Attachments

• 20201129_211258.jpg
    20201129_211258.jpg
    241 KB · Views: 425
  • 20201129_211446.jpg
    20201129_211446.jpg
    319 KB · Views: 415
  • 20201129_211252.jpg
    20201129_211252.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 403
  • 20201129_211212.jpg
    20201129_211212.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 394
  • 20201129_211221.jpg
    20201129_211221.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 382
  • 20200706_174757.jpg
    20200706_174757.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 442
I just bought my Cheetah and have a few questions on the mode and PAS.

Does the Power mode really give the bike more power than the normal mode? Is PAS 5 on Power mode faster or stronger then PAS 5 in Normal mode?

If I change the PAS setting to 9 (as opposed to 5) is 9 stronger than 5? I have many steep hills in my area and I am trying to find the strongest setting to get my 200 lbs up the hills.
What is the strongest settings for the Cheetah with the 2020 controller.

Someone posted on this board that they use a + button when they need a power boost. I cannot seem to find that button. Where on the bike is the + button person who posted talked about?

Had to get creative. I used 4 tie-wraps using the optional 2 pc seat mount. I screwed it together and drilled holes through the plastic bracket for the tie-wraps and cinched it to the metal plate bracket with 4 tie-wrap cable ties.
Fits protected under the rack nicely and is easily removable for charging. Photos show some details.
Tape over the daylight senor on the bottom of the light to use in the daylight. I ride with it flashing red and rarely use the blinkers or the lasers. I'm never sure they're turned off. Just want to be seen. Be well.
Best regards
That's it!! Perfect...thank you for posting the pics Fat Tire Cruiser!

I just bought my Cheetah and have a few questions on the mode and PAS.

Does the Power mode really give the bike more power than the normal mode? Is PAS 5 on Power mode faster or stronger then PAS 5 in Normal mode?

If I change the PAS setting to 9 (as opposed to 5) is 9 stronger than 5? I have many steep hills in my area and I am trying to find the strongest setting to get my 200 lbs up the hills.
What is the strongest settings for the Cheetah with the 2020 controller.

Someone posted on this board that they use a + button when they need a power boost. I cannot seem to find that button. Where on the bike is the + button person who posted talked about?

The highest PAS setting is the strongest assist. I would assume Power Mode means its stronger....you have the bike why not test it and find out for yourself on a ride?

My experience is with the original Bigstone C800 display units, but I understand they work similar to the new 2020 color displays.
From the manual:
There are three modes for riding with arrow selection, including
POWER,STD and ECO. The default option is NORMAL. (STANDARD?)
ECO: limited current is about 6A, it is suitable for elderly.
STD: limited current is about 10A, it is suitable for riding in city.
POW: limited current is about 15A, it is suitable for young and Mountain bike.

I have always rode in Eco mode thinking I'm saving battery power drawing less current.
Also I believe using the throttle overrides your Power and PAS settings.
As for the Pedal Assist, PAS settings, 1-5 levels are the default settings, with 1-9 levels available in the advanced settings. 9 levels gives you more PAS choices but level 9 is not any faster than level 5.
In my experience shooting for a top flat speed, 26 mph is my top speed, full throttle, pedaling as fast as I can with different settings, same top speed.
Mountain tires running 15 lbs holding me back some, plus the factory 44T chainring, often considered a little small with complaints of windmilling at speed. Hence all the chat about changing out to a larger chainring.

Display Manual downloads and YouTube videos available on line are very helpful setting up.
Note, Code: 0118 is needed to access the advanced settings in the C800 display and is not changeable.
I know the new 2020 Color displays show voltage, have a USB port, and slimmer control buttons, all nice features. Available for older bike's for about $100. as an upgrade or replacement.
Hope this helps some. Enjoy the new bike. Do what is comfortable, safe, and fun for yourself. There are a lot of tweaks and personalizations available for these bikes and intended use. Good luck with the hills, give us an update.
Mostly smiles and miles riding a Cheetah fat tire bicycle. Ride on!

Last edited:
The Civi Cheetah comes with an oversized padded saddle with coiled spring suspension underneath. While not a totally bad seat, it does start feeling pretty firm on a long ride so I started shopping around for something more comfortable. I came across the Yoleo Gel bicycle seat, waterproof, ventilated, ergonomic, dual ball suspension, and an extra thick padded full size seat. Plus it has cool Red pin striping accents that match my bicycle nicely. Looks like it should have come this way. The seatpost clamp it comes with is a small diameter and is easily removed for rail mounting. It was a piece of cake to install and adjust.
Bottom line is it's a huge improvement and I love it! The red stripes and highlights really go with the bike and make the look.
Several companies market the seat under different names and it comes in a couple of colors. Yoleo was cheapest on Amazon, about $38.00.

A mirror, or mirrors were definitely a safety necessity and come in a wide variety of styles. I wanted a functional pair easy to see out of and came across a fun set of aluminum matt black creepy bone fingers, clamp on handlebars mirrors. The installation was straight forward and easy. I did not need the height extensions that came with them. They have quality mirrors and excellent finish, the matt black matching my other accessories nicely. TopCabin is the brand I bought and they come in a couple of other colors. Black, silver, or blue. About $20.00 on Amazon.

Future upgrades planned are a larger chainring for cadence at speed and a rear rack bag. Watch for more reviews.

As always, keep it upright and be safe. You can always tell a happy a happy bike rider by the bugs in his teeth!

View attachment 58785View attachment 58786
View attachment 58787View attachment 58788View attachment 58789

Fat Tire,
That's a really cool ebike but what's that rad looking car hanging out on the right side of the garage?

Yes, that's my silver 2000 Plymouth Prowler. Bought it new 20 years ago and have managed to hang on to it. Like the Cheetah it has a modern retro look, fun to drive, and brings a lot of smiles and thumbs up. Here's my two cats in the garage. Prowler and the Cheetah. Best regards.
20200708_202443.jpg
20191114_130711.jpg

The Prowler fading away, waiting for a sunny day! 😎
20200708_114433.jpg

Columbia River
20200202_142227.jpg

Lewis River

Last edited:
Hello there Fat Tire Cruiser, I see either your Prowler and the Cheetah never get much dirt on um! Or you dont let um get much on
them! You look like a super detailer and I absolutely love your photos!

What a beautiful place to ride. Very relaxing just to imagine cruising there! Keep posting you’re amazing photos!

My experience is with the original Bigstone C800 display units, but I understand they work similar to the new 2020 color displays.
From the manual:
There are three modes for riding with arrow selection, including
POWER,STD and ECO. The default option is NORMAL. (STANDARD?)
ECO: limited current is about 6A, it is suitable for elderly.
STD: limited current is about 10A, it is suitable for riding in city.
POW: limited current is about 15A, it is suitable for young and Mountain bike.

I have always rode in Eco mode thinking I'm saving battery power drawing less current.
Also I believe using the throttle overrides your Power and PAS settings.
As for the Pedal Assist, PAS settings, 1-5 levels are the default settings, with 1-9 levels available in the advanced settings. 9 levels gives you more PAS choices but level 9 is not any faster than level 5.
In my experience shooting for a top flat speed, 26 mph is my top speed, full throttle, pedaling as fast as I can with different settings, same top speed.
Mountain tires running 15 lbs holding me back some, plus the factory 44T chainring, often considered a little small with complaints of windmilling at speed. Hence all the chat about changing out to a larger chainring.

Display Manual downloads and YouTube videos available on line are very helpful setting up.
Note, Code: 0118 is needed to access the advanced settings in the C800 display and is not changeable.
I know the new 2020 Color displays show voltage, have a USB port, and slimmer control buttons, all nice features. Available for older bike's for about $100. as an upgrade or replacement.
Hope this helps some. Enjoy the new bike. Do what is comfortable, safe, and fun for yourself. There are a lot of tweaks and personalizations available for these bikes and intended use. Good luck with the hills, give us an update.
Mostly smiles and miles riding a Cheetah fat tire bicycle. Ride on!
Have you ever had problems logging in, it takes several times for for my screen to come up, is there a certain time you have to hold the set key down after entering the code? Thanks

Greetings Chuck, congratulations on the new bike by the way. Sounds like you are figuring it all out and enjoying the ride as weather allows. I did remove the front and rear wheels to install the fenders.
Just take your time and don't squeeze the brakes with the wheel off and it should all slide back together with a little finesse. Take a close-up photo before you start of the hardware and linkage if you have any doubts about reassembly.
Do you have the original display panel or the new colored display? On my original display I hold Set for about 3 seconds to get the code screen to enter the optional settings menu. After entering 0118 I press Set again and it highlights Enter, and then hit Set a second time to open the menu. They display comes up almost immediately, no lag as you describe. Cold weather can effect battery performance, so maybe that is your issue? I had fits once when it wouldn't open. I was entering 1118 instead of 0118. Thought I was locked out and had messed up by code and display unit. Lol... brain fart! Let's see some photos of the new ride and beautiful Idaho. Good luck, best regards. Enjoy the ride!

Greetings Chuck, congratulations on the new bike by the way. Sounds like you are figuring it all out and enjoying the ride as weather allows. I did remove the front and rear wheels to install the fenders.
Just take your time and don't squeeze the brakes with the wheel off and it should all slide back together with a little finesse. Take a close-up photo before you start of the hardware and linkage if you have any doubts about reassembly.
Do you have the original display panel or the new colored display? On my original display I hold Set for about 3 seconds to get the code screen to enter the optional settings menu. After entering 0118 I press Set again and it highlights Enter, and then hit Set a second time to open the menu. They display comes up almost immediately, no lag as you describe. Cold weather can effect battery performance, so maybe that is your issue? I had fits once when it wouldn't open. I was entering 1118 instead of 0118. Thought I was locked out and had messed up by code and display unit. Lol... brain fart! Let's see some photos of the new ride and beautiful Idaho. Good luck, best regards. Enjoy the ride!
Thanks for the quick reply, I guess Im too dang old, it’s getting better, today I tried hitting set again and it works most of the tim, guess you’re never too old to learn new tricks.I’m goin down to Arizona next month, so I can put some miles on her.........can’t wait!

Back