Nitro journal, short rider edition

I know there's little to no practical difference, but if the bottom part fell off, it can serve as a lesson to check the tightness of the screw that holds it on. Maybe add some thread locker to the threads when you put the new one on.
That's what I do after I buy an ebike. Like I stated above - I went around and checked all screws and bolts after the purchase of this bike.

Last edited:
Bummer. I can see where you might want and OEM replacement, but, like I said, generic kick stands are readily available online or at your LBS.

TT

Bummer. I can see where you might want and OEM replacement, but, like I said, generic kick stands are readily available online or at your LBS.

TT
Obviously, a generic one is an option, or anything that fits. . .

Last edited:
Order placed online for a new kickstand from Voltbike.
DescriptionUnit priceQtyAmount
Kickstand$35.00 CAD1$35.00 CAD
Subtotal$35.00 CAD
Shipping and handling$9.99 CAD
Tax$5.40 CAD
Total$50.39 CAD

Voltbike Hamster <[email protected]>​

Sat, 3 Sept, 09:44 (1 day ago)Reply
to me

Hello G,
Sorry to hear about the kickstand breaking off. I checked our parts inventory and we're out of the direct replacement kickstand for this bike. Would it be possible for you to check in with us in a week or two, as we are in the process of receiving many parts, and I'm hoping we'll have these Short Kickstands back in stock soon for you.

Thank you,

Jason T Customer Relations, Voltbike Electric Inc.
1-800-350-4840 | www.voltbike.com | facebook.com/voltbikes
I don't know - I was able to order one off of their website, so I don't know what the "direct replacement kickstand for this bike" would mean. I guess I should ask Jason.

Last edited:

G>​

11:24 (1 minute ago)Reply
to support
September 6, 2022

Hello there;

Kickstands are in stock as listed on your website.
I made the purchase for one yesterday, so I guess you have them.

G
Nitro, Black

Voltbike Hamster​

12:34 (5 hours ago)Reply
to me

Thank you G,
We were out of the small kickstands that fit your bike, but I found one this morning and we will ship it out to you.

Best regards,

to support
I placed an order for one yesterday for 50.00. Can i get reimbursed or can I have the amount put towards something else?

G

Last edited:
September 9, 2022

No Email Response re above query.

Phone call made today to Voltbike. Response by phone person: "'Ill ask the manager" then, "nothing can be done, sorry. "

email later received:

Hello G,
I will get your account a credit of $50 so that you can use that towards something else. I'm glad to see the kickstand has been shipped and will hopefully get to you very soon.
Thanks,

<*><*><*><*><*>
Moving Forward
<*><*><*><*><*>

When communicating via email, wait a little longer for a response before calling an anonymous person at a factory who has not been communicating with you. Patience.

Checked my web account and the store credit has been applied. VB stock appears to be limited online for assessories and replacement parts, such as tires and tubes. So, I'll use my store credit when more options are provided online. If there is nothing for a while, I will TRY to wait before calling customer service to ask about tires and tube availability for my 20x4s.

In the meantime, I'll explore the seat area and look for options for sizing for the eventual replacement.

Last edited:
Voltbike sent me the wrong kickstand.

The length of the new kickstand is longer than the one that was attached to the bike originally. The two top screws of the new kickstand that attaches the kickstand to the bike are too small for the holes and do not make a connection to the bike.

G​

17:35 (0 minutes ago)Reply
to support
The wrong kickstand was shipped.

The new one is longer and the two top screws are not the right size to screw the kickstand to the ebike. - they are too narrow. Small.
Ticket submitted.
20220912_170136.jpg

Hello G,
Thank you for letting us know of this. Is the kickstand you received too short? I could get a longer one sent out to you.

Best regards,
AItbvmmbjN9l7knga1I6jmCfbIpdidO3fgDIxV7Ngw98DA=s40

G>​

17:53 (0 minutes ago)Reply
to support

1) The New Kickstand is longer.
2) The New Kickstand screws too small.

to me
September 14, 2022
Thank you for sending in the photo. Is this bike a Nitro bike, or another model? We don't have any of the short kickstands in stock right now as we sent the shortest one that we have. I will add you to the parts waiting list for this part so that we can send out the proper one with longer bolts as soon as we receive them.
Sorry about the mixup,
1-800-350-4840 | www.voltbike.com | facebook.com/voltzites

September 14, 2022

me​

18:10 (0 minutes ago)Reply
to support

Jason, this is not right. Voltbike listed a product that you do not have in stock. I bought a product off of your website that you do not have in stock. You sold me a short kickstand that states off of the website that it is for the Niitro - AS STATED. I did not make a mistake in ordered this. YOU DID.

Voltbike made the mistake of selling a product that you do not have in stock.
You sent me something other than what I order. You sent me a product that I can't use.

In effect, you have my money and sent me nothing in return.
Please refund me as soon as possible so that I can then take that money and find a kickstand for this brand new NITRO elsewhere.

Thank you for your immediate help.

G
Nitro, Black

September 16, 2022

Voltbike Hamster​

Fri, 16 Sept, 17:05 (18 hours ago)Reply
to me
Hello G,
What is the measurement for the proper size kickstand. I'll look around for a proper one. If you could please measure from the top where the bolts are to the bottom where it rests on the ground.

Thank you,

Hey Jason;
Your comments are really surprising me because what you have asked for doesn't make sense.

How can I measure the kickstand from top to the ground when the part that is supposed to touch the ground is the piece that flew off on my second or third ride?

I will be only be able to give you the measurements from the top bolts to the end piece of metal of the stand.

AGAIN: The plastic half piece that touches the ground is the piece that has blown off.

G
Nitro, Black

Last edited:
September 17, 2022

Hey Jason;
Your comments are really surprising me because what you have asked for doesn't make sense.
How can I measure the kickstand from top to the ground when the part that is supposed to touch the ground is the piece that flew off on my second or third ride?

I will be only be able to give you the measurements from the top bolts to the end piece of metal of the stand.
AGAIN: The plastic half piece that touches the ground is the piece that has blown off.

G
Nitro, Black

25cm
9.5 in

(Sidebar and not included in the email - This is the third Jason in my ebike life. Jason #1, initial garage I worked with after I purchased my first ebike last September. Jason #2 is from the present garage that I'm working with, and now Jason #3 from Voltbike. It didn't go well with #1, and now #3 is looking iffy.. And, I forgot to tell him that the screws are not too long or too short - they are too narrow. I don't mean to be rude but Jason doesn't appear to be able to read well. Not enough comprehension skills I think. Also, the ebike world seems to be filled with customer service people who behave as if the purchased product can be bought at any time and is not a big deal like a 3 or 4 thousand dollar + purchase, somehow is treated like you just bought something trivial and inexpensive. The customer service I remember is the one where the customer is valued. I don't feel like I matter to this company. This is not a good start with customer service).

Items Ordered
����
Product NameSKUPriceQtySubtotal
Kickstand Choose Size Short (Mariner, Urban, Nitro)KCKSTNDC$35.00
  • Ordered1
  • Shipped1
C$35.00
SubtotalC$35.00
Shipping & HandlingC$9.99
TaxC$5.40
Estimated TotalC$50.39

September 20, 2022

Voltbike Hamster​

10:45 (30 minutes ago)Reply
to me

Hello G,
I have one here I'm going to send out, and I hope it fits. It's roughly 9.5 inches without the bottom plastic part, and 11.5 inches with it. It matches the Nitro bike that I tested it on here. I'll put this on the shippers desk right now.

Thanks,

Hi there,
We've just sent you some parts.
Please see the information about this shipment below.​
PARTS SHIPPED
Kickstand (Short) x1

<*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*>
September 23, 2022
My corrected order for the Nitro kickstand has been received and installed. Nice Fit!
<*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*>

Last edited:
Copied from my RadRunner Plus journal:

<*><*><*><*><*><*><*<*>

[email protected]> To Grin Tech

05:51 (6 hours ago)
Greetings:

Regarding: 72V 9.5 Ah Downtube Battery with Panasonic 21700A Cells, 30A Continuous BMS, Custom 3 Pin Charge Port. XLR-ST3 Adapter not included.
On Page: https://ebikes.ca/shop/electric-bicycle-parts/batteries/b7210li-dt.html

EBike in Question: RadRunner Plus
Present Condition:
1) Power Upgrade has been done with Bolton/Area 13 Rad Power Upgrade >Display and Controller
2) Not Yet Installed: Motor upgrade 750W purchased from Electrobike World

QUESTION
Will the 72v battery work with this bike set-up?

Thank you for your help.

G
<*><*><*><*><*><*><*<*><*><*>

Aaron Enevoldsen - Grin Technologies

12:32 (16 minutes ago)
Hello G,

First thing is ensuring that your controller is rated for up to 72v nominal. A 72 volt battery fully charged is 84V.

Watt ratings on motors are completely misguiding, you can run the Radrunner's original motor at 2000 watts. Will it overheat at that power, possibly after X amount of time at a sustained 2000 watts, this is why we put tempurature sensors in all of our motors so you can safely run higher power. Motor wattage ratings are there to abide by federal and local ebike regulations. So if you purchased your 750 watt motor to boost your power from a 500 watt motor, chances are they could be very similar in power and only labeled differently by the seller.

The Radrunner in our most recent video is currently running a 72v battery with an 1800 watts limit with the original motor and hasn't had any overheating issues yet.

Aaron E
El Aventurero
<*><*><*><*><*><*><*<*><*><*>

Last edited:
Forth Charge on this battery - first normal charge. Battery went down to one bar. Battery Care Guide
It states in the Voltbike manual not to charge the battery before it has discharged to a certain percentage. It is my understanding Indicator bars are useless for battery care. There should be the wattage meter readout on the display. I will look to see if I missed something when setting up the codes.

Last edited:
Back