Civi Cheetah Accessories Reviewed and Installed

The first thing I added to my Cheetah was the stock fenders and rear rack. Although well made and heavy duty they are a bit pricey. Be prepared to drop about $200. on these. The taillight that comes with the rear rack is kind of lame. A single non flashing LED with a non rechargeable AA battery is not impressive.
A taillight that could plug into the factory harness and battery pack with multiple LED's and flash patterns would be an awesome option.
The rack comes with a single 3 bungee strap and hook system that is nicely designed and works well for strapping items to the rack.
The metal fenders are full size, well made and installed nicely with the included hardware. They are painted matt black and match the forks, headlight, and rims nicely.
For me it completes the look of the bike and serve a functional purpose on and off road.
As for the taillight, I shopped around at the many choices and chose a Meilan X5, a modern sleek looking LED combination turn signal unit with wireless remote control and USB rechargeable batteries.
Also has lasers that shoot at the ground marking your safety zone.
Really! Although a little gimmicky the Taillight is bright with multiple functions and works as a brake light under hard braking. About $35. on Amazon.
I'll cover my mirrors and new gel seat in my next post. Keep it upright and enjoy the ride!

20190911_172122.jpg
20190911_172141.jpg
20190911_171941.jpg
20190911_172015.jpg
20190911_165507.jpg
20200706_174804_resized.jpg
20200202_144026.jpg

The first thing I added to my Cheetah was the stock fenders and rear rack. Although well made and heavy duty they are a bit pricey. Be prepared to drop about $200. on these. The taillight that comes with the rear rack is kind of lame. A single non flashing LED with a non rechargeable AA battery is not impressive.
A taillight that could plug into the factory harness and battery pack with multiple LED's and flash patterns would be an awesome option.
The rack comes with a single 3 bungee strap and hook system that is nicely designed and works well for strapping items to the rack.
The metal fenders are full size, well made and installed nicely with the included hardware. They are painted matt black and match the forks, headlight, and rims nicely.
For me it completes the look of the bike and serve a functional purpose on and off road.
As for the taillight, I shopped around at the many choices and chose a Meilan X5, a modern sleek looking LED combination turn signal unit with wireless remote control and USB rechargeable batteries.
Really! Although a little gimmicky the Taillight is bright with multiple functions and works as a brake light under hard braking. About $35. on Amazon.
I'll cover my mirrors and new gel seat in my next post. Keep it upright and enjoy the ride!

View attachment 58725View attachment 58726View attachment 58728View attachment 58732View attachment 58733View attachment 58734View attachment 58735

Greetings, my mirrors are solid and I haven't experienced any shaking. Thanks for the compliment on my photos. I love taking photos and seeing others as well. Have about 5,000 photos on my phone.
Best regards... 🤗

View attachment 58725View attachment 58726View attachment 58728View attachment 58732View attachment 58733View attachment 58734View attachment 58735

Great pictures! Any advice on installing the fenders,like can you put them on without removing the tires?

Excited new tires arrived today, Supercell Origin8's. 26x4.0 30tpi.

They came folded up in a shipping bag and were squashed, bent up and scruffy looking but new with tags. Spent the afternoon mounting them. Watched a YouTube video first for tips, it's been awhile since I've changed a tire. The tires popped off and back on the rims fairly easily, mostly by hand.

Airing up the rear tire I popped it off the rim a couple of times freaking me out, the tube pinched and bulging out! 20 lbs. max I was shooting for. Got 18 lbs. third try and called it good. Cleaned up the tires and rims, got it dialed in, upright and went for a short ride.

First impressions, they're quiet and smooth, cleaned up nicely, and look fat and meaty. I like the white lettering on the sidewalls and the tread pattern. Looking forward to a long ride! Stay safe and enjoy the ride! Best regards. JC

20210108_165041.jpg

20210108_142640.jpg

20210108_142308.jpg

20210108_165005.jpg

Last edited:
Back