Bosch Connect Module (GPS)

Completed the three new motor cover install today, to anccept the Connect Module, and will say it was a little more complicated than I had anticipated. Took me a while to figure out what needed to be done to remove the two right side covers but finally figured it out. As usual You Tube was a great help. Pretty straight forward but took little time once I had the steps figured out. The sketchy part for me was removing the belt ring to get enough room to remove the top right cover. But that was necessary to install the new cover. Luckily I own a torque wrench which is necessary to retorque all the bolts per the specs. In hindsight, probably would have taken it to my LBS but learned a lot including how to remove and reinstall the rear wheel which I expect will come in handy the day I get a flat. So far everything works as it should.

Here’s a few pics I took along the way.

Attachments

• IMG_1484.jpeg
    IMG_1484.jpeg
    372.9 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1490.jpeg
    IMG_1490.jpeg
    657 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1491.jpeg
    IMG_1491.jpeg
    412.3 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1495.jpeg
    IMG_1495.jpeg
    609 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1496.jpeg
    IMG_1496.jpeg
    590.2 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1497.jpeg
    IMG_1497.jpeg
    360.6 KB · Views: 38
I've testet the alarm and it works as expected. If I move the bike a couple of meters a pretty annoying alarm starts and I get a push notification on my phone.

I can use the kiosk 300 display or phone to lock and unlock the bike.

Only thing I haven't found, is the page in the flow app where I can see the bike location. Maybe it does not work as I had expected.

EDIT: I found out about the location tracking. So it seems like the bike only transmits locations when it is parked or when the alarm is triggered - which makes sense. I can see where I parked my car in the flow app under the “Protected” headline. It writes the street name and city, and if I click it I get it on a map. 👍 Later I’ll try to see how it looks when the alarm is triggered.

Overall I’m pretty happy about it. It works as expected - given that it will scare thiefs away. Only time will tell if it was a waste of money.

Now I just need to find a nice bright “GPS Tracked” sticker that I can put on the bike. Would be cool if Bosch had included a sticker in the kit. There is a “Bosch protected” sticker but I don’t really like it and it broke when I tried to ut it on my bike.
What is the model number of this alarm?

What is the model number of this alarm?
It’s called the Bosch e-bike alarm and connect module. Think the model number is BCM3100 although there are two kits available, one to fit the performance motor and the other for the CX line. The only difference in the two kits is the plastic module holder. You can purchase the module and holder separately but it’s advisable to get the full kit as it includes the plug in cable. I’ve only found one supplier in Canada where it’s readily available.

Completed the three new motor cover install today, to anccept the Connect Module, and will say it was a little more complicated than I had anticipated. Took me a while to figure out what needed to be done to remove the two right side covers but finally figured it out. As usual You Tube was a great help. Pretty straight forward but took little time once I had the steps figured out. The sketchy part for me was removing the belt ring to get enough room to remove the top right cover. But that was necessary to install the new cover. Luckily I own a torque wrench which is necessary to retorque all the bolts per the specs. In hindsight, probably would have taken it to my LBS but learned a lot including how to remove and reinstall the rear wheel which I expect will come in handy the day I get a flat. So far everything works as it should.

Here’s a few pics I took along the way.
Looks better than my solution :) I might replace my engine cover later.

It’s called the Bosch e-bike alarm and connect module. Think the model number is BCM3100 although there are two kits available, one to fit the performance motor and the other for the CX line. The only difference in the two kits is the plastic module holder. You can purchase the module and holder separately but it’s advisable to get the full kit as it includes the plug in cable. I’ve only found one supplier in Canada where it’s readily available.
Thanks for this. I’m interested in the Tern NBD S5i but cannot get answers whether this model has the internal alarm

Thanks for this. I’m interested in the Tern NBD S5i but cannot get answers whether this model has the internal alarm
From the pictures on Tern's website, looks like this has the Intuvia display, which means it is on the last gen System 2 and not the newer Smart System HW.

Bosch Connect Module is only for Smart System bikes.

FYI - the Intuvia can be removed from the bike when you park, rendering the bike unable to turn on. Not the same, but also not nothing.

The HSD runs on the Smart System so the module being discussed here could be added to the P10 and already comes with the S00.

Last edited:
From the pictures on Tern's website, looks like this has the Intuvia display, which means it is on the last gen System 2 and not the newer Smart System HW.

Bosch Connect Module is only for Smart System bikes.

FYI - the Intuvia can be removed from the bike when you park, rendering the bike unable to turn on. Not the same, but also not nothing.

The HSD runs on the Smart System so the module being discussed here could be added to the P10 and already comes with the S00.
Thank you !

Back