Body Float Suspension Seat Post Thoughts

James

Hello Everyone,

I had the pleasure to meeting with Charlie Heggem today at Swissborn, our local Stromer dealership (where I bought my ST1) and he set me up with a new BodyFloat 3.0 Titanium for me to review! I took over an hour of video while he enthusiastically spoke about the benefits of the BodyFloat. I've only had it on my bike for a few hours but my initial impression is that it is incredible!

body-float-suspension-seat-post.jpg

I'll be working on editing the video and taking some more over the next few weeks while it's on loan to me.
Disclaimer: I have not been paid or will not be paid for any of my opinions which are to follow.

Cheers!
James

Awesome! Excited to hear your thoughs, see the video and ultimately try this thing! Appreciate the disclaimer on being independent as well ;)

It sounds likeCharlie is a great guy and it's neat that they are willing to do a demo so more people can discover it. Ever since it popped up here I've been wondering about Thudbuster vs. Body Float so I'm excited to hear what you think.

Very nice. Looks like a miniature version of dual springer design.
It would be an excellent addition to any hardtails. Looking fwd to your video, James.

Hey Guys/Gals,
Here's a quick video of me and the BodyFloat:
I'm still working on editing the long unboxing video with Charlie at Swissborn. Until then!

Very cool..!! James.
Looks very responsive.
Is it a significant improvement over thudbuster?

Hey Rav!

I've only ever been on a thud buster briefly and from what I can recall it's not even close. The thud buster absorbs some shock but the BodyFloat with its ability to keep you above the bounces. It's quite the feeling

That was awesome James! I love all the details you shared (about the springs and stuff) and the camera angle to show it working in action. you communicated a great deal and still managed to keep it short and watchable. Awesome :D

This is Charlie from Cirrus and it was great to spend some time with James at Swissborn and share some of the magic that BodyFloat can do for both rider and bike. We only had a limited amount of time...and we did not get the chance to go out and ride together...but soon I hope, as there are many more tricks to share. I'm looking forward to his unbiased impressions. If any of you have questions...please shoot them over. Personally, I've been riding a Stromer for almost 3 years...and it's the most transformational bike I've ever owned. I'm well versed with the unique dynamics of an electric bike and have done a great deal of product testing of the BodyFloat on my Stromer. Happy to share.

This is Charlie from Cirrus and it was great to spend some time with James at Swissborn and share some of the magic that BodyFloat can do for both rider and bike. We only had a limited amount of time...and we did not get the chance to go out and ride together...but soon I hope, as there are many more tricks to share. I'm looking forward to his unbiased impressions. If any of you have questions...please shoot them over. Personally, I've been riding a Stromer for almost 3 years...and it's the most transformational bike I've ever owned. I'm well versed with the unique dynamics of an electric bike and have done a great deal of product testing of the BodyFloat on my Stromer. Happy to share.
Thanks Charlie! The product looks awesome and I'm excited to check it out, anything to reduce back and neck pain on longer faster rides. I'm curious why you chose the name Patrick for the forum if your real name is Charlie? Is it more of that magic that you use for the BodyFloat ;)

James, you need a female rider for the video. :)

I have to say that the product looks superior in every respect to my Thudbuster, which I must add is also a superb product.

I like the fact that it is more compact than my unit, which has several advantages, from adjusting seat post height, fitting saddle pouches, to fitting of seat stem lights. None of these the thudbuster fairs very well with.
I also like the idea of springs over elastic rubber. I can imagine that springs will potentially be more durable.

All in all, it looks to be a very nicely constructed item. :)

Haha, yes that's why in the video I tell you to try and concentrate on the machine! (not my butt!):D

I'm afraid that I couldn't watch that far, and I'll just have to take your word for it! :D

All joking aside, you did a very creditable review there. :)

Ha! I think Eddie said what we were all thinking and Brambor confirmed what we already knew... That this is his favorite song :p

Actually, it's very daring of James to do such a touching review :D
Reminds me of this cute video and the song.

PS: Body float is fast becoming butt float on this thread.. damn it ..!

clearly we need a comparison review between thud buster, the Sun Tour device, and this one. I will buy the winner. As will so many others.

Charlie/Patrick, if you really believe in this Body Float you'll buy the TB, the ST, and send them to Court with one of your Body Floats for a shoot-out. If you have the better product you will be rewarded.

Back