Bicycle Camper?

Timpo

Have you ever seen bicycle campers? 😲
Apparently people with normal bikes use one of these.

Although they're made lightweight, I can't imagine hauling around these campers if I were to go on a long distance ride.

This is one of the most popular bicycle camper, Wide Path Camper.
It's a foldable camper, and according to some reviews, it is "extremely lightweight" and can easily be used by long distance cyclists.

camper

camper

Wide Path Camper - Mini Bicycle Camper - Pull Behind Bike Camper

Apparently it's light enough to be towed by a bicycle, but still.. it looks heavy 😳
bike-campers-little-tag-along.jpg

The Bike Camper

This one looks smaller, but it does get the job done.
bike-campers-caravan.jpg

Something like this might be a fun project for RadBurro owners? 😁
5_camperbikeinterior.png

5_camperbike1-480x598.png

bi-caravan ~ my hunny wants one :-) | Casas móviles, Casas mobiles ...

Camper Bike: A Home On Three Wheels | WIRED

This one looks interesting too
写真

dethleffs_biker_camper7.jpg

Last edited:
They really are whimsical, cool things. There is something comforting in having solid walls around us. But the cold reality is, yesterday here in NJ, the wind was coming out of the west at a steady 10-15 with gusts over 20.

This model has been floating around for years and popped up for sale, at a discount, several times on my feed

Screen Shot 2020-04-03 at 4.59.51 AM.png

The wagon's Ho:

Screen Shot 2020-04-03 at 5.16.06 AM.png

And then there is the mack daddy of all time, that I have seen at least:

Screen Shot 2020-04-03 at 5.08.52 AM.png

For the truly homeless so not just a camper:

Screen Shot 2020-04-03 at 5.18.37 AM.png

Slightly easier version to imagine:

Screen Shot 2020-04-03 at 5.08.05 AM.png

Not bicycle tow able but I have spent quite a few nights in Sheep Camps as friends here in the west have them as guest places:

Screen Shot 2020-04-03 at 5.05.41 AM.png

Seriously PinTrest is loaded with bicycle towable camper projects but also seriously does anyone, even with an eBike, think any of them would be safe to travel with? A bivy sack would be more my speed.

No WAY am I pulling any of those further than around the block, and even that may be too far. On the other hand, if I had a motorcycle, these would be great. Has anyone else noticed that we may be entering into our real life Blade Runner/Idiocracy era? Auto drivers are already unhappy and grumbling about bikes on the roads, just you wait until they get stuck behind one of these things going 5 MPH into the wind.

Speaking of wind, just two words to keep in mind..........cross winds.

Last edited:
One of them is used for last mile delivery in urban areas, the other would be pulled on highways and highway shoulders.

Back