Best Rock Ever? Nominations, No Air Supply!

I heard these guys for the first time recently on a Chevy Silverado commercial.
I've always been a sucker for a heavy lead guitar...

With reverence for the day, Good Friday. Mad respect for Ian Gillan, lead singer of Deep Purple, one of the best voices in RnR.

Since we're talking German rock bands, lets pick the really big one. Dwarfs Scorpions record sales (and I have all of Scorpions albums albums going back as far as Fly To The Rainbow so no hater here)

They go all out on videos and production values even to the present.

And they also have a serious side.

interesting thread....
before scrolling down i thought he was going to say David Hasselhoff!

Saw this same show at a different venue. Les Claypool and The Flying Frog Brigade.

He is so much fun to watch!

I'm posting this because the wife and I just got tickets as our anniversary gift to ourselves this year. Concert is in Pittsburgh, and it's probably the last (and only) time I'll get to see him live. His music has been part of my life since 7th grade when I first heard Shock the Monkey. If you've never seen this, take the time to watch, his stage presence has always been amazing and the reason why he left Genesis.

Grand Funk Railroad; a band that some say were better live than in the studio. In '71 they sold out Shae Stadium in 72 hours; they beat the Beatles 1965 record by weeks. A garage band (their words) from Flint Michigan.

Live 1969
Mark (guitar) and Don (drums) 20, Mel (bass) 19 years old

Is there a one hit wonder category here? Ram Jam 1977. Looks like the video cost about 29.99 to make.

Back