Best Rock Ever? Nominations, No Air Supply!

When most hear the band named Chicago, they think of soft pop and love songs.
Aka stuff I have no ear for. I'm the same way with the Hollies. I cannot stand 90%+ of their music, but they really knocked it out of the park with "Tall Cool Woman" -- which laughably most people seem to think is CCR. It isn't.

Is there a one hit wonder category here? Ram Jam 1977. Looks like the video cost about 29.99 to make.
Sugarloaf comes close, I think they're a two hit wonder. "Don't call us" and "Green Eyed Lady"

what I always find funny are one album wonders. Where every song on the album is a banger, and the entire rest of their discography is trash. Boston comes to mind for that.

Right on the heels of playing Woodstock '69, Leslie West and Mountain continue to tour. They land in 1970 rural Pennsylvania, at my local PBS station and must've looked and sounded like aliens to anyone over 40 years of age. Leslie is doing some things with that guitar, rhythm and lead.

Left-handed drummers play like this. I’ve seen right-handed players play like this too. Sometimes, to keep it interesting, lead with your other hand.

Here is a guy alternating his lead hands.

Alex is a beast, been a fan of his since his "The Faceless" days!

Primus got me into playing music. I’ve played drums for about 10 years, then moved to the bass. This bass line was one of the first that I learned.

Their drummer, then, Tim Alexander, used to play with The Blueman Group. The drums and bass are the first thing that I hear with any song. Music is my religion. :)

Primus got me into playing music. I’ve played drums for about 10 years, then moved to the bass. This bass line was one of the first that I learned.

Their drummer, then, Tim Alexander, used to play with The Blueman Group. The drums and bass are the first thing that I hear with any song. Music is my religion. :)
My Favorite Primus tune! Guitar in this one is also brilliant, what he is doing against the bass line, i mean who would ever think of something like that!

The guitar player used to be in Possessed.

Back