Best Rock Ever? Nominations, No Air Supply!

Wow. Return of the Living Thread.

Gear shift. This was a fun listen back in the day. I liked most of the album.

I worked a show up front just ahead of the stage where they opened for Rush (used to float around between security and stage worker for various bands for a 3-4 yr period when I was young and not deaf from not wearing earplugs so I could enjoy the show).

Grand Funk Railroad; a band that some say were better live than in the studio. In '71 they sold out Shae Stadium in 72 hours; they beat the Beatles 1965 record by weeks. A garage band (their words) from Flint Michigan.

Live 1969
Mark (guitar) and Don (drums) 20, Mel (bass) 19 years old

I saw them at the Travers City MI Cherry Festival summer of 1996. Mark Don and Mel. Priceless. And what I remember was the Whitefish tasted great and we could play golf till 10pm!

Wait?

No air supply? No water supply. No food supply. No power supply, no compromise, swallow the lies, 'cause EVERYBODY DIES!!!

If you follow metal at all -- Kamelot, Blind Guardian, The Gathering, Nightwish, Toehider, Pain of Salvation, Beautiful Sin -- you realize how that much talent on stage at once should probably be illegal.

But remember, prog rock and metal is all about screaming and banging on your instruments as hard as possible.

When most hear the band named Chicago, they think of soft pop and love songs. Chicago started in the 60's as Chicago Transit Authority, until the real CTA made them change their name. They were a jazz-rock band that played all the big clubs and toured with Jimi Hendrix and many others. Jimi once said Terry Kath was the “Best Guitarist in the Universe.” There were a lot of contemporaneous reports of this at the time; maybe it was just a compliment to a player he admired, or maybe it is true. It doesn't really matter now. I've always been a fan of Terry Kath; he died too soon and the band, Chicago changed dramatically.

If you like great guitar solos, give this one a chance.

Chicago Live at Tanglewood, 1970

Going to see him for my third time later this month. Can't wait.

Two bands, 3 years apart, same singer, Steve Marriott

The Small Faces 1967

Humble Pie 1970 unplugged (includes a young Peter Frampton). I'll never forget buying my first Humble Pie album..... on 8 Track Tape

1960 Steve Marriott in Oliver

Both bands, in my opinion, were underrated. The Small Faces became The Faces with Rod Stewart and Ronnie Wood.

The Faces - Maggie May 1971

I remember watching Austin City Limits in 2009 when The Dave Matthews Band concert was broadcasted. Prior to watching this episode I had never purchased an album of Dave's music. This was different than anything else at the time and I ordered the CD album that night. The entire episode is available to watch free on YouTube.

This ones for member @DaveMatthews

I remember watching Austin City Limits in 2009 when The Dave Matthews Band concert was broadcasted. Prior to watching this episode I had never purchased an album of Dave's music. This was different than anything else at the time and I ordered the CD album that night. The entire episode is available to watch free on YouTube.

This ones for member @DaveMatthews

I HAD to go see him when he came to Vancouver... just HAD to... :)

Went here last night. Took the whole family. :)

IMG_3243.jpeg

Awesome sound!

Last edited:
Back