Best Rock Ever? Nominations, No Air Supply!

Check out this beautiful young lady and her sweet…..voices! Literally like there are 2 people in there. That is some talent. My brother also tells me they put on a great show. I think they come from Russia, but music isn’t really about where it’s from. It’s about how it makes you feel. :)

I find it difficult to enjoy music sung in another language. It's worth a listen but often fails to hold interest beyond that.... especially Rock / Roll
Not all transcend like Opera

Check out this beautiful young lady and her sweet…..voices! Literally like there are 2 people in there. That is some talent. My brother also tells me they put on a great show. I think they come from Russia, but music isn’t really about where it’s from. It’s about how it makes you feel. :)

Talented for sure. That said, call me old fashioned (or just old Dave) 🤣 but I just do not enjoy the cookie monster vocals.

She sings in English and German and sometimes looks like a cat. Crazy, incredibly talented (opera singer), the Mother of Punk. This one is very mainstream but a good showcase of her vocal power. I had the album this came off of many moons ago.

So subjective... While great music is timeless, what makes something the 'greatest' is often linked to specific times, events, or places in our lives.

Most impactful show I ever saw: Nirvana in October 1991, about a month after Nevermind was released and a few weeks after MTV put them in heavy rotation.

Mississippi Nights could hold maybe 800-900 people? and was packed. The crowd was so amped, there was lots of stage diving and crowd surfing and security was pretty aggressive about pulling people out. Cobain got so pissed at security he stopped the show and invited everyone up on stage. After about 20 minutes of chaos, Novoselic got everyone calmed down and they were able to finish the set.

By 1992 they were playing in stadiums and alternative had become mainstream. By 1994 Cobain was gone.

Back