Best mirror type?

Kurt in CT

Hey guys/gals, any strong opinions out there as to the best type rear-view mirror to go with? I see various kinds that attach to the handle bar, helmet, or rider's arm. So my first question is really which type do I buy and what works the best? And then after that, I've got to figure out the best brand and size ...
Thanks!

Hey guys/gals, any strong opinions out there as to the best type rear-view mirror to go with? I see various kinds that attach to the handle bar, helmet, or rider's arm. So my first question is really which type do I buy and what works the best? And then after that, I've got to figure out the best brand and size ...
Thanks!
I really like the Hafney bar mount mirrors. Coming from a motorcycle background I find them to be the most natural for me. Yeah, you have to flex your wrist out of the way to see directly behind you, that is the nature of mirrors that clamp on inboard of the grip. I think the look is really suited to my CCS and they're good quality.

I really like the Hafney bar mount mirrors. Coming from a motorcycle background I find them to be the most natural for me. Yeah, you have to flex your wrist out of the way to see directly behind you, that is the nature of mirrors that clamp on inboard of the grip. I think the look is really suited to my CCS and they're good quality.
Thank you. FYI, I can't mount to the end of the handle bar. So it has to go on the bar. You're saying that I will be able to easily see behind me with this type mount?

Thank you. FYI, I can't mount to the end of the handle bar. So it has to go on the bar. You're saying that I will be able to easily see behind me with this type mount?
I can see traffic pretty well. Sometimes I have to move my head a bit, or flex my arm to get a fuller view. Overall I think they're really good. I've never tried a helmet mount mirror, they're inexpensive and some riders prefer them.

I like the Mirrycle Mountain Bike Mirror. (Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

I have one on my mountain bike, and one on my e-bike.

I like the Mirrycle Mountain Bike Mirror. (Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

I have one on my mountain bike, and one on my e-bike.
Thanks. I've seen a bunch of references on this one. But does it work if not on end of handlebar?

Thanks. I've seen a bunch of references on this one. But does it work if not on end of handlebar?

They make a version for STI levers, if that helps. I've got the in-bar-end Mirrycle and really like it... except that it makes the total width of my front end 5" wider... to the point I have to go through most doors much more carefully now to avoid banging the door frame (I could fold the mirror out of the way every time, saving about 3.75", and then fold back into position every time...)

Take a Look Mirror

These guys have been around forever. The mirror is cheap, simple, and surprisingly durable. Mounts easily to my helmet visor.

All of these mirrors have a narrow field of view and it is easier to look behind you by sweeping your head from side to side than by sweeping the handlebars from side to side.

Take a Look Mirror

These guys have been around forever. The mirror is cheap, simple, and surprisingly durable. Mounts easily to my helmet visor.

All of these mirrors have a narrow field of view and it is easier to look behind you by sweeping your head from side to side than by sweeping the handlebars from side to side.
Thank you, seriously considering.

I got this one from Amazon. I'm surprised at how well it worked. I'd planned on putting a Mirrcycle mirror on the grip-end, but have decided that I'm happy with this.

Aren't all handlebars hollow? Just wondering why a mirricycle wan't go into the end. I have bikes with one piece grips, but I just cut hole in them.

Back