Best mirror type?

Ergotec M99 mirrors are great and you can mount them next to the shifter or at the end of the bar. You would need an adapter to use it at the bar end.

Hafny is a great mirror for the money and it would work well although it is a bit smaller compared to the M99.
I would go with Mirrcycle mirrors. For the cost of 1 Ergotec mirror, you could get 3 mirrcycle mirrors and they serve the purpose well.

Nice looking mirror with a wide field of view... thanks for the recommendation.

I second the recommendation for the EVT Safety Zone Mirror. I have been using them for years on several of my helmets. They give you a good field of view which can be adjusted by simply moving your head. Installation is simple with zip ties or velcro.

An update to my post on the EVT helmet mirror:

One of these mirrors I purchased 3 years ago began to discolor and lose some of it's reflectivity. I contacted EVT and they promptly sent me a replacement under the 5 year warranty.

I'll admit, the original $40 price was a bit steep but this is partially offset by the fact that it's an american made product with great customer service.

so far i like these better than the mirrcycle, broke several of those, especially when i had the bikes pushed up against the inside wall of the van

these seem to be solid even when turned several times for loading/unloading
mirrcyle i had to tighten back up a lot

I wear one of these on my sunglasses:
Screen Shot 2020-04-12 at 4.24.38 AM.png

My wife has one of these in her left handlebar end:
Screen Shot 2020-04-12 at 4.27.52 AM.png

which can be mounted underneath as well:

Screen Shot 2020-04-12 at 4.28.54 AM.png

I know the Mirricycle gets a lot of love here, but this Hafney is sturdier and just as adjustable with fewer pieces with which to contend. The mirror part swings in and out easily and you can adjust the tightness of the ball mount.

Back