Large duel sport mirror test

Ken Shopken

Region
USA
I recently installed one of these duel sport motorcycle mirrors as a test of functionality.

These style of mirrors are very popular with the duel sport motorcycle crowd that like the functionality and durability of "taking a hit" or of being easily folded down while on rough terrain or transport. The mirror used in this test is a cheaper knockoff found on aliexpress. https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256...t_main.59.60901802YqRYlg&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa

The large mirror area stayed fairly clear of vibration and eliminated the few seconds of focus required from the formerly used, smaller and high quality bicycle mirror that is mounted on the end of the handlebar.

The mirror position is a vast improvement for maintaining a peripheral vision monitoring of the rear and offers a very large field of view that is completely clear of my arm and shoulder, but it would be even better if the mirror could be moved farther forward with a longer arm.

I will move the mirror to the front of the front rack and see how that works when I get some more time to play with it.

I am ordering a few more sets of these mirrors.

Attachments

• IMG_8775.JPG
    IMG_8775.JPG
    533.9 KB · Views: 47
If we're going to talk about taking a hit, we really should reference the original and include the reasons why they can "take a hit." https://www.doubletakemirror.com/about

I've been destroying variations on folding mirrors for over 30 years, but haven't needed to replace a motorbike mirror since buying double take.

I love those mirrors! I've used them for years on my Do Stupid Things scooter and my old motorcycle. Kinda ugly but worth the look. Nothing can mess them up!

I love those mirrors! I've used them for years on my Do Stupid Things scooter and my old motorcycle. Kinda ugly but worth the look. Nothing can mess them up!
They seem like a good idea to increase road safety, and they will last.

I recently installed one of these duel sport motorcycle mirrors as a test of functionality.

These style of mirrors are very popular with the duel sport motorcycle crowd that like the functionality and durability of "taking a hit" or of being easily folded down while on rough terrain or transport. The mirror used in this test is a cheaper knockoff found on aliexpress. https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256...t_main.59.60901802YqRYlg&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa

The large mirror area stayed fairly clear of vibration and eliminated the few seconds of focus required from the formerly used, smaller and high quality bicycle mirror that is mounted on the end of the handlebar.

The mirror position is a vast improvement for maintaining a peripheral vision monitoring of the rear and offers a very large field of view that is completely clear of my arm and shoulder, but it would be even better if the mirror could be moved farther forward with a longer arm.

I will move the mirror to the front of the front rack and see how that works when I get some more time to play with it.

I am ordering a few more sets of these mirrors.
Hate to be picky, but I still have the instincts or reflexes of a (retired) career English teacher. There is a significant difference between "dual" and "duel".

Maybe they're duelling mirrors.....:)
I seem to be a collection of many of these sorts of automated errors... too many years of repetition of the errors I guess. The mirrors will just have to duke it out or look menacing upon other mirrors if mounted solo..😆

Back