Best mirror type?

Budget mirrors turned in.

Attachments

• 42936DF2-8CB7-49EA-BB39-6D62E3A3B5BD.jpeg
    42936DF2-8CB7-49EA-BB39-6D62E3A3B5BD.jpeg
    758.2 KB · Views: 413
I found a neat little mirror that straps to my arm - works great! Several versions available on Amazon.

Attachments

• IMG_20191222_120756311_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg
    IMG_20191222_120756311_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg
    381.3 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_20191222_120826629.jpg
    IMG_20191222_120826629.jpg
    402.2 KB · Views: 332
That's why I like the arm option - nothing to break if the bike falls or hits something, and nothing sticking out around my face when I ride.

but it is not locked in place so you may not be able to check it as often if you move your hands around.
Hmmm... My hands are always on the handlebars, so hasn't been a problem. Stays in place well, actually, but, to each their own 😉.

Hmmm... My hands are always on the handlebars, so hasn't been a problem. Stays in place well, actually, but, to each their own 😉.
I mean they change position a little the mirror will be off. I look often in the mirror I don't want to have to move my hand to do so.

I mean they change position a little the mirror will be off. I look often in the mirror I don't want to have to move my hand to do so.
I've not had to do that. I strap it pretty tight, and adjust the rotation before I start riding. If I was having to take my hands off the bars to fiddle with it, I wouldn't use it - my balance is not the greatest 😁. They are pretty cheap, so I figured I'd give it a try - for me, it's a great solution.

Hey Ravi,

Thank you for the tip of the ergotec mirrors. I've been looking at mirrors all day and these seem like the best. I am trying to figure out what my options are for mounting them on the handlebars (I have the Jones H-Bars).

Do they have to go at the ends of the bars, or can they be mounted further inward on the handlebars?

The mirror appears to have a clamp at the bottom, I am not sure if I can use that clamp to mount them anywhere on the bar. There also appears to be this accessory piece:

I am not sure if this is a mandatory purchase, or only if you choose to mount the mirror at the end of the bars.

Thanks for the tip!

Yes, you'll need the adapter to mount the mirror at the end of the bars. I got mine from Propel Long Beach.

They are not cheap. Very high quality fit and finish. What you would expect from Germany.

Attachments

• new bike.jpg
    new bike.jpg
    657.9 KB · Views: 412
Yes, you'll need the adapter to mount the mirror at the end of the bars. I got mine from Propel Long Beach.

They are not cheap. Very high quality fit and finish. What you would expect from Germany.

Thank you, are you only able to mount them towards the ends of your bars, as you have pictured, or can you mount them further inwards as well?

I don't think anyone posted Court's basic mirror overview to this thread, so here it is. I don't find the video very useful or informative, but others might like it, and you can get a clearer picture of a few mirrors.

Currently I use a BikePeddler helmet mounted and it works great as I use my helmet for more than biking. I have a Hafny with custom mount on one bike, and about to try the Meachow on another bike. So far I've found I need handlebar and helmet mirrors, but much of the problem with the Handle bar mirror is getting the right mount and getting it in the right position which can be challenging on bikes with all the stuff on the bar and the different bars.

Just tested the Meachow mirror on a Juiced RCS and I think it is going to work out well. I fit it between the Throttle and the Display, tight fit but OK.

OT: What was Bafang or Juiced thinking when they designed the LCD to use 1.5mm Hex head screws; firk'n' insane. How many are going to be carrying that in their bike kit? It'd like they want you to break the display in a crash.

I don't think anyone posted Court's basic mirror overview to this thread, so here it is. I don't find the video very useful or informative, but others might like it, and you can get a clearer picture of a few mirrors.

Currently I use a BikePeddler helmet mounted and it works great as I use my helmet for more than biking. I have a Hafny with custom mount on one bike, and about to try the Meachow on another bike. So far I've found I need handlebar and helmet mirrors, but much of the problem with the Handle bar mirror is getting the right mount and getting it in the right position which can be challenging on bikes with all the stuff on the bar and the different bars.

Thanks for posting the video. :)

I am not a fan of mounting on the handlebar plug... way to easy to knock off and break the mirror.
My preference has always been moto-style mounting on the handlebars protected inside the grips.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XWRMZZF/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A2ON4K5IJDY2SV&psc=1

1582393365241.png

Thank you, are you only able to mount them towards the ends of your bars, as you have pictured, or can you mount them further inwards as well?

I don't know for certain if you can mount it further inward. I chose the end mount because it was the easiest.

Looking at the picture of the plug, the grooved aluminum colored part goes into the handle bar and the mirror clamps onto the black part. If that black part is about the same OD as the handle bars then you most likely can mount it further in.

I may try that someday. The outer mounting position is better for seeing but bad in a crash.

Hey Ravi,

Thank you for the tip of the ergotec mirrors. I've been looking at mirrors all day and these seem like the best. I am trying to figure out what my options are for mounting them on the handlebars (I have the Jones H-Bars).

Do they have to go at the ends of the bars, or can they be mounted further inward on the handlebars?

The mirror appears to have a clamp at the bottom, I am not sure if I can use that clamp to mount them anywhere on the bar. There also appears to be this accessory piece:

I am not sure if this is a mandatory purchase, or only if you choose to mount the mirror at the end of the bars.

Thanks for the tip!

Ergotec M99 mirrors are great and you can mount them next to the shifter or at the end of the bar. You would need an adapter to use it at the bar end.

Hafny is a great mirror for the money and it would work well although it is a bit smaller compared to the M99.
I would go with Mirrcycle mirrors. For the cost of 1 Ergotec mirror, you could get 3 mirrcycle mirrors and they serve the purpose well.

My husband and I both use this mirror on our sunglasses. There's a little learning curve, but once you're past that, it's great. I'll never go biking without this mirror again.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0...F8&qid=1523670680&sr=1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65

I have used a similar eyeglass mirror from Third Eye for 30ish years. Reminds me to order another cause mine got stepped on. Even used it when I was racing, it was perfect for solo break aways...also made me look like a Cat 4 so the field didn't take me too seriously.

Back