Looking for opinons

We used bar end mirrors originally, but often damaged them. We now have mirors similar to the 1st post, but they are closer to the grips and turned out under the bar. Have to problem seeing around my larger than average butt.

It does not change the fact anybody with a little bit of brains will install it below the bars and inwards. It makes the e-bike width shorter, protects the mirror, and ensures great visibiity.

View attachment 172561

except it does not always work that way. I tried it but my arm is in the way. so it depends on a lot of things. I much rather have it out od the way but I cant see with it inward.

A Mirrycle underneath the handlebar, inward.
I spend some of my time on the trails and mounting the mirror outward was definitely a problem. Underneath and inward is the best set up for me on a Turbo Tero. It provides a clear rearward view under my arm. Obviously, this depends on your seating position. My wife's Como has a very upright seating position, and she also has it underneath and inward.

It does not change the fact anybody with a little bit of brains will install it below the bars and inwards. It makes the e-bike width shorter, protects the mirror, and ensures great visibiity.

View attachment 172561

When I first got my Vado in 2019, it came with a Specialized rear-view mirror, as the 45 km/h e-bike had to be (as a moped) equipped with a mirror. I installed it the way you think @Slaphappygamer because I thought it was the only way. Soon, I brought my Vado to the original LBS for the first time service. Upon seeing my mirror, the LBS guys made funny faces and the first thing they did was rotating and inverting the mirror to the proper position...
Now you are talking about a different mirror. What is a "Specialized rear-view mirror"? Is that your "Specialized rear-view mirror"?

I turned the mirror upside down this morning. I have yet to test it out but I think this will do the trick. I could easily see the bag on my rear rack. Slight outward adjustment to the mirror, the bag disappears and gives me a good rearward view. True test will be in coming days. Thanks all for your comments.
1000001005.jpg

This was my first ebike mirror. I installed it and rode around the block. On my way back, I heard the tires of a car close behind. I studied the mirror and couldn't see it. The bike was too unstable for me to try to look back. I was relieved when we rounded a bend and it passed.

There were 4 reasons I had been unable to see the car. It was a convex mirror that reduced the image to 1/6. It was far from my face. It was around sundown on a heavily overcast day. The car was the same color as the pavement.

A mirror that can deceive you is worse than no mirror. I removed it as soon as I got home.
mirror.jpeg

I bought the one below not realizing that it, too, was convex, reducing images to 1/3. It's supposed to be a left mirror, but I couldn't see past my arm. I mounted it upside down on the right and bought a right mirror for the left. That put them even farther from my eyes than the first mirror. The car is visible because it contrasts with its background, it's only a hundred feet away, and it's a bright day. I wanted better situational awareness.
mirror1.jpeg

This is the kind of mirror I'd been looking for all along: big, flat, on a stem that gets it out past my arm and up near my face, and adjustable while riding. Having a big mirror stick out may help discourage thoughtless drivers from passing dangerously close. It can get knocked out of kilter in the garage, either where it fastens to the clamp or at the ball joint, but it can easily be realigned while riding. What's more, this kind of mirror is cheap.
mirror2.jpeg

Below is another flat mirror. Two screws clamp it to the end of the handlebar, so it can quickly be removed. It, too, is easily knocked out of kilter and can as easily be readjusted. Being smaller and on a shorter stem, it vibrates more than the one above. I'll replace it with something bigger.
mirror3.jpeg

The one below is bigger. It's convex but reduces images to half, which I find tolerably large. I found it unacceptable because it can't be adjusted without a wrench.
1mirror.jpeg

Spoke Wrench
What is the place you got the long stemmed big flat squared mirror,
Brand name or site?
I just got a pair and they are too short of see around my arms,
due to the shifter and throttle locations etc. I need about 2-3" more space/longer arms to fit the new Jugg bike.
Tia

Last edited:
wonder how much trouble it would be to mount a rear camera,some of that stuff is incredibly cheap now,probably work good for a cargo bike laden with bulky items.

Spoke Wrench
What is the place you got the long stemmed big flat squared mirror,
Brand name or site?
I just got a pair and they are too short of see around my arms,
due to the shifter and throttle locations etc. I need about 2-3" more space/longer arms to fit the new Jugg bike.
Tia
Sunlite. The cheapest are "chrome plated." The deluxe are "chrome." I bought the "chrome plated" for two bikes. I think I'll go deluxe this time.
I got the clamps to fit my bars by tightening them around progressively larger sockets from a ratchet set. On one, I added flat washers to get the clamp to tighten better. On that one, the angle of the handlebars had it sticking up and not out enough. I heated the bend of the stem with a propane torch and bent it further.

It seems to me that at one time, you could buy mirrors like these anywhere because most bikes had them.

Back