Best and Coolest HELMET BRANDS for COMMUTING..?

DandyD

Region
Europe
Hi EBR fans...,

Anyone can give me a tip on the coolest, and most secure HELMETS available, mostly for commuting purposes, and some off-roading..??

Thanks for your thoughts and insights...

Best,

Louis

The coolest is Thousand Helmet imo.The best is a different story but you can usually find some type of list of best helmets online!
i find the better helmets sometimes dont look the coolest!

Not MIPS rated currently but if interested in listening to music, doing phone calls while riding or automatically linking up communication to another rider with the same helmet you may want to look at the Sena M1 Evo. (Around $200 I think.)

I saw them online..., gre
The coolest is Thousand Helmet imo.The best is a different story but you can usually find some type of list of best helmets online!
i find the better helmets sometimes dont look the coolest!
at helmets indeed..., but believe i didnt see the MIPS feature on it on a quick look...

I saw them online..., gre

at helmets indeed..., but believe i didnt see the MIPS feature on it on a quick look...
I don't care for Mips . It screws up the fit for me. I also think helmets on bicycle is all about Marketing to make you want one on. After all it seems dangerous tp not wear one on a Motorcycle . And then hop on your bike and put one on?

Yeah, coolest and most secure are not my top criteria. MIPS is now my base criteria and beyond that it’s just personal fit/choice.
I agree, but perhaps the EBR fans know of cool brands that go beyond the obvious like GIRO, POC, Smith, Bontrager, Thousand, etc... ❓😃

I agree, but perhaps the EBR fans know of cool brands that go beyond the obvious like GIRO, POC, Smith, Bontrager, Thousand, etc... ❓😃
Why the wow ? Guess maybe because I grew up when helmets weren't even thought of . But it was the Law for a Motorcycle . You have to admit it doesn't make a lot of sense when you think it over . The guy rides 80 mph down the highway with no helmet . Goes for a ride with wife and riding group on bike path and wears one ?? As for MIPs I think they make the helmets ride to high on your forehead . At least they do for some .

In my state the guy would be breaking the law without a helmet on his motorcycle but would be allowed to ride his bike in much of the state without a helmet.

Back to the topic, which meaning of 'coolest' are you looking for?

May also want to look at Abus or Lazer

In my state the guy would be breaking the law without a helmet on his motorcycle but would be allowed to ride his bike in much of the state without a helmet.

Back to the topic, which meaning of 'coolest' are you looking for?

May also want to look at Abus or Lazer
I'm guessing the The Thousand is cool because it looks like what the Harley Riders used to wear on their Bike before the laws were changed . It sorta looks like an only German helmet the motorcyclists wore during WWII It rides down on your forehead and doesn't look like a Salad bowl on top of your head . It's cool because it's basic

Thanks to getting back on track ;-) Coolest in sort of less obvious, high-tech, high-end, nice-market, cool design, colors... I'll check the brands you mention..., thanks! 🍀

Thanks to getting back on track ;-) Coolest in sort of less obvious, high-tech, high-end, nice-market, cool design, colors... I'll check the brands you mention..., thanks! 🍀
Not sure what you are looking for . I tried all the big names . I wanted a winter helmet . The vast majority of helmets in my opinion for me. Sit to high on my head . The Thousand Helmets sit on your head more like a baseball hat would . They are basic and comfortable . Plus you get to save the planet ;0

I just bought a new helmet. I went with a Bontrager Specter on the recommendation of my LBS:

Plan is to use it for commuting.

HI dmourati, nice helmet, pretty tech indeed... whats your first thought on it, now that you have it in your hands..?

I’ve been using a Lazer Urban. Mainly for MIPS and more for the clear visor. It came in very handy during cicada season. The sound they made hitting the visor and the helmet reinforced the value of the visor.

Lazer also has an excellent warranty and superior support. Oh, they also protect your noggin

HI dmourati, nice helmet, pretty tech indeed... whats your first thought on it, now that you have it in your hands..?
I’m a fan. My previous helmet is 10+ years old (too old I know). New bike comes Tuesday. I’ll have more impressions after using the helmet during actual riding.

I’ve been using a Lazer Urban. Mainly for MIPS and more for the clear visor. It came in very handy during cicada season. The sound they made hitting the visor and the helmet reinforced the value of the visor.

Lazer also has an excellent warranty and superior support. Oh, they also protect your noggin
I have a Lazer Anverz that I like a lot. The build quality and comfort are so much better than the other helmets Ive tried. Also like the visor which now sports a 1" scratch at eye level from an errant blackberry vine. I went for the Anverz because of its high rating in the VTU tests and NTA8776 certification.

@DandyD Knowing what bike you are getting i would recommend a Bell Super 3R.

As you will be commuting and going off road the removable chin bar will allow you wear it without to commute and strap it back on for a full face at weekends etc

After i OTB'd a few months ago i got a Seven iDP Project 23 Carbon, not recommending you get one but as everyone else is sharing....

RAWCARGRE.jpg

Back