Are you telling me you are carrying the spare battery in a backpack?!

Given the PAS 2* of the Trance, a 50 km ride in rough terrain is just a pleasure for me. I'm getting tired a little bit past the 60th kilometre :D
----------
*) Giant is very inconsistent with their PAS level names. The PAS 2 is called "Basic" on the EVO display, and it is "Eco" on RideControl One...
Yes I found level one is completely useless on my Sister- in- laws and Son- in- laws' Bikes. I told them both if you ride with me just put it on max power assist and leave it there. (-:

Yes I found level one is completely useless on my Sister- in- laws and Son- in- laws' Bikes. I told them both if you ride with me just put it on max power assist and leave it there. (-:
Not sure what e-bikes they have got but my experience with the younger of my brethren off-road was pretty interesting. I rode mostly in PAS 2 not to intimidate Piotr. He later complained to his big brother Jacek I rode too fast for him (he rides a traditional lightweight Scott hardtail bike).

Not sure what e-bikes they have got but my experience with the younger of my brethren off-road was pretty interesting. I rode mostly in PAS 2 not to intimidate Piotr. He later complained to his big brother Jacek I rode too fast for him (he rides a traditional lightweight Scott hardtail bike).
Yup on Turbo we have 300 % stronger legs minus the age /health difference and the extra weight. Most cyclists cannot pass but the other day I was climbing up the Lions Gate bridge as fast as i could and a young man on an electric unicycle blew the doors off me. He must have been going 50 km uphill ! He must have de-limited it. https://www.electricunicycles.eu/inmotion_v10f_electric_unicycle-c__343

Still having scars on my left forearm. The lesson learnt is: "Don't Cossack*. Just ride" :)
----------------
*) "To Cossack" is a Polish idiom for reckless behaviour with aim to demonstrate one's superiority 🙃

Still having scars on my left forearm. The lesson learnt is: "Don't Cossack*. Just ride" :)
----------------
*) "To Cossack" is a Polish idiom for reckless behaviour with aim to demonstrate one's superiority 🙃
Would I be correct in saying that you feel Poland has been bullied by a lot of countries over the ages?

Would I be correct in saying that you feel Poland has been bullied by a lot of countries over the ages?
And opposite. Poland used to be a European superpower for several centuries. We were oppressing Cossacks in the 17th c., for example. That was a very dark era described by Henryk Sienkiewicz in his "With Fire and Sword" novel.
There's a lot to talk about but the history has always had its meanders.

Last edited:
Around here we call that “Merciering”

😎

Edit to add the smiley so everyone understands this is humor... it doesn’t always come across in posts! I’m one of Steve’s longtime fans here
Hey Dave ...Its time for me to start pedaling now in order to get there in time for the thoroughbred meet. I will be camping in your backyard again this year of course.

interesting ; according to this map even Sweden invaded Poland ??? https://brilliantmaps.com/invaded-poland/
That's right. Sweden was a superpower too, especially when one of their kings decided it was a shame to waste the Swedish lives and gathered a mighty mercenary army that made Bohemia (Czechia) a no-man's land during the Thirty Year War, for example. The Swedish invasion in the 17th c. called "The Deluge" was to some extent the revenge for earlier doings of our King Sisigmundus of Vasa (the one who moved our capital city from Cracow to Warsaw and can be seen at the statue in the Castle Square in Warsaw). So, the King Zygmunt decided he owned the Crown of Sweden and he should retrieve it by a Polish invasion. That was the last invasion of the Swedish territory ever; the Poles lost that campaign.

You know how it is with superpowers. Some time later the Swedes decided it was their turn and invaded Poland. They were successful to deluge our country, approaching as far as Silesia. However, the Polish recovered, united, and threw out the Swedish behind the Baltic Sea. The Stockholm Royal Armory still keeps artefacts plundered in Poland as well as the armour of their King Carolus Gustavus with the Polish bullet-hole in the back and a blooded shirt. The history has its meanders.

P.S. The map you have shown is very silly. It was not that French have ever invaded Poland. They invaded Russia, Austria and Prussia where by chance the Polish lands found their place in some 123 years long era, Steve :D The French liberated part of Poland. Not invaded.

That's right. Sweden was a superpower too, especially when one of their kings decided it was a shame to waste the Swedish lives and gathered a mighty mercenary army that made Bohemia (Czechia) a no-man's land during the Thirty Year War, for example. The Swedish invasion in the 17th c. called "The Deluge" was to some extent the revenge for earlier doings of our King Sisigmundus of Vasa (the one who moved our capital city from Cracow to Warsaw and can be seen at the statue in the Castle Square in Warsaw). So, the King Zygmunt decided he owned the Crown of Sweden and he should retrieve it by a Polish invasion. That was the last invasion of the Swedish territory ever; the Poles lost that campaign.

You know how it is with superpowers. Some time later the Swedes decided it was their turn and invaded Poland. They were successful to deluge our country, approaching as far as Silesia. However, the Polish recovered, united, and threw out the Swedish behind the Baltic Sea. The Stockholm Royal Armory still keeps artefacts plundered in Poland as well as the armour of their King Carolus Gustavus with the Polish bullet-hole in the back and a blooded shirt. The history has its meanders.
Very interesting! This has me thinking that the EU must have been difficult to create.

Hey Dave ...Its time for me to start pedaling now in order to get there in time for the thoroughbred meet. I will be camping in your backyard again this year of course.

They’re gonna open the meet in July, but no one is sure yet whether there will be people at the track or not. Siri’s will be open for outdoor cocktails in the evening though, so saddle up and snap to it! We have your spot all cleared up nicely, right by the fire pit.

Very interesting! This has me thinking that the EU must have been difficult to create.
Bear in mind that Europe has had enough of wars after the WW2. Confronted with the Iron Curtain and helped by the U.S. with the Marshall Plan, the West Europe decided it was better to become rich than wage wars. Once France and Germany decided to bury their enmity, the path for the future European Union was open. I'm very happy Poland and the neighbouring countries joined the EU. I'm sad about the Brexit but wouldn't elaborate on it.

Back