Are you telling me you are carrying the spare battery in a backpack?!

I installed my tetra rack today and it seems to be secure and fine. I agree, the manual doesn't make sense. I don't know how they arrived at their seat stay width and diameter, but it should fit most bikes just fine.

The Tetra Rack website says that is is compatible with:

Also compatible with KLICKfix® / RackTime® Snapit or Vario system bags.

Anybody know what these bags are that can be used with the rack?

Congratulations on confirming the solution for the plus-size tires & frame on the full-suspension BH bikes. Photos would be great! ;)

Congratulations on confirming the solution for the plus-size tires & frame on the full-suspension BH bikes. Photos would be great! ;)

I'll get some pics. To be clear, the quality on this Tetra Rack is not nearly as good as the Old Man Mountain rack that I have on the front, but OMM won't have a rear rack available for BH for a few months. So its a temporary fix.

Thanks a lot for your help. I bought it because of your measurements - would not have otherwise! Much appreciated.

Do you think these items will work with the Tetra Rack?

Yes good choice...my wife has the Talus and she is very happy with it. I prefer the Rixen Kaul stuff though and the one you chose looks good. Talus has more style but the Rixen kaul seems a bit more rugged

Last edited:
Yes good choice...my wife has the Talus and she is very happy with it. I prefer the Rixen Kaul stuff though and the one you chose looks good. Talus has more style but the Rixen kaul seems a bit more rugged
You do not want the UNIKLIP system adapter ,you want the KLICKFIX RACKTIME adapter version. It needs to have this type adapter on the bottom or just buy one of these and make your own box.
1592348466774.png

Last edited:
I've just ordered Topeak TetraRack M2. Let us see how that works on my Trance. I plan a real mountain trip with the e-MTB in the Polish Table Mountains and Owl Mountains for July 24-26th.

Not only each trip would be pretty long but also the elevation gain is expected to be significant. I may be forced to carry the spare battery, and -- unfortunately -- a U-lock, not even mentioning water bottles, snacks and water-proof clothes. Perhaps some photo gear could be taken as well. (Yes, I know the TetraRack can handle up to 12 kg, so I need to be careful).

I'm excited since I treat that very trip as my birthday present (July 22nd).

If you are going to visit Ziemia Kłodzka - I strongly recommend Singletrack Glacensis. One of the biggest singletrack systems in Europe (200 km), brand new, great condition, accessible for every rider with minimum MTB experience. My picks (assuming you are relatively new to MTB) would be: Ostoja (Masyw Śnieżnika) , Jagodna (Góry Bystrzyckie) or Brzozowie - all loops there except Everest which requires some skill (Góry Stołowe). If you prefer something closer to Góry Sowie try Łaszczowa (impressive altitude gain, perfect for e-bike).

If you have real MTB skill you can try Wilcza or even Enduro Trails in Srebrna Góra (for beginners/medium skilled riders: Polak Potrafi - uphill MTB trail perfect for e-MTB, Romet D-Line - to go down, some skill required). Other trails in Srebrna Góra require real enduro skills.

Being in this area and not trying Singletracks Glacensis would be the biggest mistake imaginable for e-biker. Try just one and you will immediately like to ride them all.

Link

I will be riding in this area 19-24/07 (on the pictures - not me - the guy behind this system)...

Glacensis 1.jpg

Glacensis 2.jpg

Glacensis 3.jpg

Góry Sowie - not so special. Don't miss Góry Stołowe, they are unique. If you want easy ride (with one steep climb - ca. 200m horizontally, nothing to be worried about) around them try (marked bike paths):

Góry Stołowe.jpg

If you plan well, you will not need a spare battery for a day trip. Using standard mode I'm able to ride 50km on 500Wh battery no matter the altitude gain. The trip on the map above requires much less. On Glacensis you can plan to leave your car with spare battery on the forest parking on the intersection of the loops and execute 8-pattern. Check Mapy.cz app with the option for automated MTB routing.

Last edited:
Thank you so much @Steku!

Since I can only ride there for two days (my base will be at Nowa Ruda but I can drive my e-bike with a car up to a chosen place), I was thinking of these two routes:

July 25th: Szczytna -> Kręgielny Trakt -> Karłów -> Szosa Stu Zakrętów -> Kudowa -> Jeleniów -> Dańczów -> Gołaszów -> Kulin -> Słoszów -> Złotno -> Szczytna.

July 26th: Nowa Ruda -> Wolibórz -> Przełęcz Woliborska -> Kalenica -> Zygmuntówka -> Wielka Sowa -> Cesarska Droga -> Srebrna Droga -> Sokolec -> Jugów -> Nowa Ruda.

Let me explain myself: I'm not an MTBer, just a cycling tourist who happens to ride Giant Trance E+. I'd like to ride super-easy trails but am not afraid of climbing. I'm afraid of the battery range and of technical trails, especially ones requiring steep downhill ride. Could you tell me whether my planned routes are OK or would you draw routes for me (I prefer http://en.mapy.cz)

Any help gladly welcomed!

Besides, I'll be in Nowa Ruda (Parkowa at Strzelecka 4) from 24th. Any chance for a meet?

Last edited:
I've just ordered Topeak TetraRack M2. Let us see how that works on my Trance. I plan a real mountain trip with the e-MTB in the Polish Table Mountains and Owl Mountains for July 24-26th.

Not only each trip would be pretty long but also the elevation gain is expected to be significant. I may be forced to carry the spare battery, and -- unfortunately -- a U-lock, not even mentioning water bottles, snacks and water-proof clothes. Perhaps some photo gear could be taken as well. (Yes, I know the TetraRack can handle up to 12 kg, so I need to be careful).

I'm excited since I treat that very trip as my birthday present (July 22nd).
It is working well for me. I have put the spare batteries in panniers now instead of on top of the rack. The are in pockets to keep the batteries from moving around and I padded the bike side of the batteries with 1" foam. I like having the weight down lower much better.

@steve mercier,

Steve, big big big thanks to you! It works!

1594368903746.png

TOPEAK Tetra Rack M2. Super easy setup.

1594368976199.png

The Ortlieb Bike-Packer Classic fits well, although some protective tape will have to be used against scratching.

@steve mercier,

Steve, big big big thanks to you! It works!

View attachment 58443
TOPEAK Tetra Rack M2. Super easy setup.

View attachment 58444
The Ortlieb Bike-Packer Classic fits well, although some protective tape will have to be used against scratching.
Cool ! Yes I am quite happy with mine too. I think it is best to balance the weight as much as possible between the bags to make certain the load does not try to shift. Also I switched to a 2.6" instead of 2.8" rear tire for more clearance. I only did this because the casing was blown on the Maxxis Recon and needed to be replaced anyway.

I've found and bought (and it has already been delivered to me) the most brilliant invention ever:

Ortlieb Vario.

QL2.1 dual backpack/pannier. Will post some photos soon.

Ortlieb Vario

1595040705549.png

The only weakness is the lack of the bottom hook, so the pannier should be stabilised against the rack with some sort of Velcro tape. A Giant EnergyPak battery (46 cm/18" long) is inside the bag! Ortlieb Commuter Insert is there, too.

Last edited:
Back