City
Central Florida
I can confirm the following to work on a rush/cty speed

Arkel Tailrider trunk bag
Quad Lock motorcycle handlebar mount
Garmin mount that came with the 830
Crankbrothers Stamp 1 flat bmx/mtb pedals

I will update as I find more things

Good to hear, keep them coming. I'm disappointed HD isn't providing more accessories. Big loss for HD IMHO.

Last 2 things I can say that work before I return the rush/cty speed

SR Suntour SP12 NCX Suspension Seat Post with Protective Cover 27.2X350mm - no shim needed

ROCK BROS Bike Bag Waterproof Top Tube Phone Bag Front Frame Mountain Bicycle Touch Screen Cell Phone Holder Pouch Compatible with iPhone X, 8 Plus 7 - I don't use the phone pouch as I have the quad lock mount already. This wraps around the top tube perfectly and the strap next to it fits the frame perfectly. The last strap closest to you is just kinda there. Recommend a wrap around the plastic bits so they do not scratch the frame.

Returning the bike as I got what Serial 1 recommends on the site. Got the medium. Stand over height is great, but the lean to the handlebars suck. After about 6 miles of riding, hands started to go numb. Another rider same size as me had the same issues. More of an upright rider.

It is a fun bike. I just want something I can customize a tad bit more than this bikes allows. Plus, i got to ride a mid drive, with an automatic 'geared' bike. Restock fee in this situation is just a rental fee. It is helping me with my next purchase.

Bike accessories are fairly universal in nature. For example, most any trunk bag will probably work handlebar mounts are typically universal, pedals are absolutely universal. You're better off listing things like the dimensions of the bike's details so others can know if something specific can fit to it, not the other way around. Seat tube diameter, handlebar diameter, wheel size, etc.

Last 2 things I can say that work before I return the rush/cty speed

SR Suntour SP12 NCX Suspension Seat Post with Protective Cover 27.2X350mm - no shim needed

ROCK BROS Bike Bag Waterproof Top Tube Phone Bag Front Frame Mountain Bicycle Touch Screen Cell Phone Holder Pouch Compatible with iPhone X, 8 Plus 7 - I don't use the phone pouch as I have the quad lock mount already. This wraps around the top tube perfectly and the strap next to it fits the frame perfectly. The last strap closest to you is just kinda there. Recommend a wrap around the plastic bits so they do not scratch the frame.

Returning the bike as I got what Serial 1 recommends on the site. Got the medium. Stand over height is great, but the lean to the handlebars suck. After about 6 miles of riding, hands started to go numb. Another rider same size as me had the same issues. More of an upright rider.

It is a fun bike. I just want something I can customize a tad bit more than this bikes allows. Plus, i got to ride a mid drive, with an automatic 'geared' bike. Restock fee in this situation is just a rental fee. It is helping me with my next purchase.
Thinking about the medium-sized Rush City/Speed myself. What's your height and inseam?

Thinking about the medium-sized Rush City/Speed myself. What's your height and inseam?
5'10" 30' inseam. If the handlebars could be raised, it would be an easier ride. I am used to sitting more upright, so the lean over was not comfortable.
I think a frame size larger would have helped. Stand over on the medium was great. still had room between the bike and myself when standing. The serial one site has a sizer you can plug into info to get a recommendation. I used it to get the medium frame.

Returned the bike today. Got lucky that I wasn't charged the restock fee. It is amazing how many bestbuy workers came out of the woodwork seeing this return. Had to do an impromptu push this button class. I left and realized i told them the wrong button to turn on the bike.
I pretty much knew I was returning it after the first 20 mile ride. Thinking I had the 15% restock fee, I got 9 other people to ride the ebike to justify the fee. All ride buy online hub 7 speed ebikes.
It is a fun bike, and fast. But the lack of customization killed this purchase.
So I ordered a spare battery for my 2022 surface 604 werk in the process. Happy trails.

Last edited:
Thanks for the dimensions. It doesn't bode well for me since I'm a similar, just under 5'9", 28" inseam, and also prefer an upright position. I'm also surprised that the Serial 1's handlebars are not adjustable for height; that's a serious drawback. The other big negative I read about was the, stiff, hard-tail ride, something else they could have easily remedied with some shocks (at least on the front) and/or a suspension seat. Another thing that wasn't too thrilling was a 250w motor. You'd think for that price, they'd at least have a 350w. A 250w motor is the domain of bottom-feeder hub-drives.

It's a shame because the Serial 1 has some terrific features (all wiring hidden, mid-drive motor, belt drive, automatic transmission). It's a very nice package.

With that said, are the Best Buy Serial 1 bikes the older M1 versions that do not have the app and downloadable info of the M2? The complaint was that Serial 1 is not going to offer an update for the M1 for this feature. The cons all seem like a good reason they weren't selling that well and BB was offering the recent good deals.

The bestbuy sale price was to dump the gen 1's.
The wattage was not an issue what so ever. I have an early 2020 himiway cruiser and a 2022 surface 604 werk (also 2 lectrics 1.0 i bought for family and they let me down, so i sold them at a cheap price). All 4 are so different.
The serial 1 was fun, responsive and fast in the turns. You get used to the cadence you set at in the envelo hub and bam you are gone. It is a different beast.
I will work towards the same motor/gear setup again in a more upright position.
As far as the stiff hardtail, get a suspension seatpost. I moved mine off the surface 604 to the serial one without needing a new shim. Get a good seat (selle respiro) and you'll have the lectric riders saying they are riding on marshmallows.
Go to a place you can ride the serial 1, and get a good gen 1. Gen 1 and 2 are the same, except for the connectivity. But look at the parts situation first. Serial 1 is still behind. no spare batteries yet. other parts are hard to get.
Great bike. Just bad timing for the customizations.

I ride mostly paved up kept multipurpose trails and actually lock out the front suspension on my "me" riders. The lack of front suspension on the bike never bothered me. It was actually better than my locked out suspension (not air but spring) bikes.

Last edited:
I have the bike you're considering, and I'm 5'8" w/29.5-in inseam. I have just enough standover clearance to be comfortable riding (and straddling) it on paved surfaces. If it were a mountain bike, I'd want a bit more clearance.

You have to get the appropriate bike for your riding needs. Don't be stuck on evaluating bikes based on the spec sheet. The Brose motor is nothing like a "bottom-feeder" hub drive. It has plenty of power if your intent is to ride your bike like a bike. But, if you're looking for a motor-scooter feel, you do indeed want to look elsewhere.

The BestBuy pricing for the 1st-gen Serial 1 bikes w/o the connectivity features is unheard of. One of the best deals I've gotten from any purchase.

Thanks for the replies. The Rush City/Speed certainly seems high-quality. But Walmart just came out with a Hyper mid-drive for $1398. Granted, it's a chain derailleur with exposed wiring and no onboard lighting, as well as a substantially reduced range, but that's still almost half of the G1 Serial 1's clearance price.

Back