Rush/CTY : ABUS Lock - Match Glove Box

Gmanx

Region
USA
For those that do or don't know, the Rush/CTY bikes come with a glove box. It was designed to fit a specific lock from Abus. I reached out to Serial 1 to get clarity and here is what they shared :

There is one bike lock that that is a confirmed fit in the RUSH/CTY glove compartments. This lock can easily be ordered online or possibly found at your local bike shop. It is the following;

-Abus Bordo Granit 6500 X-Plus

If you would like to order a "Keyed alike" bike lock (a lock that uses the same key that comes with your bike) then you will need to order one of these through a selected local bike shop. You can find a list of these bike shops HERE. Once you have found a the nearest preferred bike shop on the link, give them a call and let them know you would like to order an Abus lock that is keyed alike to your specific bike. On your bike key-card there should be a barcode number that is specific to your bike. All you should need to do is give the bike shop that code, and they will be able to custom order the Abus lock to fit your bike. (Please note that these locks take 2-4 weeks to be made, and shipped to your local bike shop).

Confirming that my Abus Bordo 6500K Granit Xplus was keyed correctly, and fits nice and snug in the storage compartment. I had to order thru a bicycle shop who is an Abus dealer. It uses the same key as the storage compartment, using your personal code to order the unit.

good to know! I plan on having an additional locking mechanism in addition to a folding lock - probably a chain that can pass through and u lock

Back