How to order a specific ABUS lock and specific key code?

Summitbid

I’d like to order a specific ABUS frame lock for my Vado 4 and 5 IGH and want them to work with a specific key code.

The lock that works nicely is the ABUS 5755L.

You can’t order a lock directly from ABUS. The web site says you must order from an ABUS lock bicycle dealer.

I’ve called around and none of the bike shops (around Denver) I’ve called know or can figure out how to order a lock and key/code from ABUS.

Anyone every been here and done this?

this is who I have used. all three of my bikes have the same key and all my bike locks and garage have the same key. though the locks are limited on what can be rekeyed. I did it backwards I should have gotten all my keys to match the lock then I could have bought their best lock.

this is who I have used. all three of my bikes have the same key and all my bike locks and garage have the same key. though the locks are limited on what can be rekeyed. I did it backwards I should have gotten all my keys to match the lock then I could have bought their best lock.
Thanks for the pointer. Although I couldn’t do what I want to do using the above web tool, I called and they may be able to set me up with what I need. They do a lot more business with ABUS then my local shops do and so have more ABUS connections.

abus is way to limited on their locks they will key alike. I found it actually costs less to buy the lock you want and replace the lock on the bike. thats easy on a bosch bike dont know about specialized.

I order my keyed-alike Abus locks from Lockitt.

You can put your key code in the "Notes" section and they will key it correctly (use one of the "Special Order" dropdown options - retaining or non-retaining).

Upon first examination, This seems like the most web convenient way to go.
They seem to know about the lock variances (varieties?) and whether it needs a special order. Price is much more deterministic.

Thanks again.

I have a Vado 5 IGH and I ordered the 5755L from Propel as well, based on recommendations from earlier post in this forum. Worked well.

Abus phone # ‭(312) 640-1111‬
e-mail [email protected]
website https://mobil.abus.com/usa/Available-resources/Inquiry
No matter how/what you do, no human answers, you get a canned reply, and I've not had any positive experiences since Covid
Example: I need to order 2 keys, one extra for each frame lock.
It cannot be done as 1 order, they force you to create 2 independent orders on their site and pay individual shipping cost for 2 orders.
Additionally I had sent them an e-mail over 24 hours ago asking where to purchase ABUS frame lock(s) here in the US, zero reply.
Although they have great products, their custome support leaves much to be desired.
My 3 cents

Abus phone # ‭(312) 640-1111‬
e-mail [email protected]
website https://mobil.abus.com/usa/Available-resources/Inquiry
No matter how/what you do, no human answers, you get a canned reply, and I've not had any positive experiences since Covid
Example: I need to order 2 keys, one extra for each frame lock.
It cannot be done as 1 order, they force you to create 2 independent orders on their site and pay individual shipping cost for 2 orders.
Additionally I had sent them an e-mail over 24 hours ago asking where to purchase ABUS frame lock(s) here in the US, zero reply.
Although they have great products, their custome support leaves much to be desired.
My 3 cents
As I mentioned above, I've been ordering Abus keys, locks, chains, etc. from Lockitt. I've dealt with them for a few years now, and they've been excellent. Keyed-alike are all special orders, and they usually arrive sooner than promised. A few people mentioned ordering Abus products from Propel also. I assume Abus is more focussed on serving dealers than end users, so better to order from a dealer I guess.

Yes, very few US distributors with exception to Propel.
I had to order mine from overseas at Hollandbikeshop.com yesterday for the newest model (a supposed 1-size fits-all model), meaning no guesswork if it will fit or not (https://hollandbikeshop.com/en-gb/b...ranit-xplus-frame-lock-black-835706/)....this for my 2020 Vado 4.0 I use in Florida. It does not have those attaching eyelets, so I have to use the special 'tightening straps' (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HUO7IEA/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1)
(I'm not there now (in Florida), I'd like to have an Abus frame lock, but with no vendors to pick, choose, see if it fits, return if needed, try, do over if necessary, all within a time frame of a few weeks so this newest model from what I can gather is the one of choice as it is supposedly able to fit almost any frame size. We shall see.
With shipping to US pricey. Plus, they as well as Bike24.com seem to be some of the only places to get them.
Sure, you can go to Amazon, here and there, but specific models for specific size frames are a must to be sure of the fit.
In the past, I got my frame lock from a Euro distributor, and once again, only there have I found availability.

As I mentioned above, I've been ordering Abus keys, locks, chains, etc. from Lockitt. I've dealt with them for a few years now, and they've been excellent. Keyed-alike are all special orders, and they usually arrive sooner than promised. A few people mentioned ordering Abus products from Propel also. I assume Abus is more focussed on serving dealers than end users, so better to order from a dealer I guess.
Agreed. Lockitt is the best solution to this I’ve found. Thanks for replying and informing.
Propel was very limited and didn’t support what I needed.
I also recommend lockitt for getting various ABUS locks with specific key codes.

Back