3500-4500$ Ebike, help me choose

Looking for a mid drive commuter for gravel and city roads. Typical commute is 15 miles or so, and would like to have sustained 20-25mph speed.
I have shortlisted the following
Cannondale Tesoro Neo X2 - 4100$
Trek Allant+ 7S - Trek - 4050$
Specialized Turbo Vado 4.0 - $4000
Gazelle Medeo T10+ HMB - 3700$

These 4 bikes are very similar? Any other brand I am missing in this class and type (class 3 mid drive torque sensing brose/Bosch 250W 75-85Nm motors)?
Specialized has the best display, but the lowest power.

I am not sure which of these have a suspension seat post, but a couple have.

Cannondale is sold by REI so the 10% member cashback puts it at Gazelle price.

SO I am confused between these 4. What are the pros of cons of these 4 bikes? Which one would you prefer, and is there any other brand I should look at in this price range (Need warranty support and local network)

I'd get Cannondale. REI is great, I also took a look at the bike in person and it is a well designed bike. With the %10 cash back it is a great deal. I also consider Vado 4.0.

Specialized is not less powerful. Torque and power are different notions and torque values can be misleading. Those bikes all have similar nominal power output. The higher torque values will help at lower cadences, starting from a full stop but when cruising they all will be similar.

You don't buy a bike because it comes with a seatpost suspension. It is an accessory that can be fitted to any bike after the purchase. .

You won't be averaging 25mph with any of those bikes unless you have long stretches of flats and put a decent bit of power yourself.

Next few years.

Ya, that's a no-name motor, battery, and the system :) It is not the "meat from a named animal".
Well what I meant is that the next few months will tell me about warranty or issues if any. I am hoping to ride this bike as my commuter setup for years to come. Its flat trails, with 2-3 mile long uninterrupted streches where I can speed pedal to go as fast as possible. Will be posting a review too!

Well what I meant is that the next few months will tell me about warranty or issues if any. I am hoping to ride this bike as my commuter setup for years to come. Its flat trails, with 2-3 mile long uninterrupted streches where I can speed pedal to go as fast as possible. Will be posting a review too!
I'm sure you will be happy (despite of my malicious remarks! :))
You see, I have been very happy with my US$1,900 Czech hub-drive motor e-bike, and could ride it as a commuter even today. Because it indeed is a very good commuter e-bike! However, my appetite has grown since :)

Stefan opines, “Ya, that's a no-name motor, battery, and the system It is not the "meat from a named animal".

You never stood by a Specialized Turbo e-bike Tom. It is not the modern Specialized battery. But what do you know?

20220421_134956-01.jpeg

20220421_135019-01.jpeg

The 2017-2021 Vado/Como battery (U1-600).

I would be em-bare-assed to ride a 15Mph bike, especially if I got suckered into overpaying based on a logo and did not have the right to repair and was beholden for service. I wouldn't want to ride one even with a bag on my head. It is pretty silly what fools will fall for. I love it.
1650572784343.jpeg

It's about getting your hands dirty to my way of thinking. Some will dive right in. Others, even those with plenty of ability, would rather be doing something else. There's no wrong answer here. Just what works for YOU.

Yes, I did :).
But its 1700$ more than Priority current. If it was a specialized mastermind system at 4000$ pricepoint it would be better. But at 4300$+ tax this seems too less of an bike when I compare to 2500$ of a priority current. Which I ordered.

Next few months will tell me if I was wrong to go against the tide and choose an online retailer instead of the big 4
Good luck with your first ebike, it won't be the last. I doubt you will have any issues, chinese motors tend to be reliable.

Back