3500-4500$ Ebike, help me choose

They don't get a commission, from what I've read, on DTC sales, only those delivered through the shop.
You are very wrong. A Specialized e-bike is always delivered by Specialized LBS. In case of "white glove" home delivery, the sales commission is the highest. It is lower if the customer wants to pick the e-bike in the store.

Why do you deny facts? Read the latest information from the parties interested, that is, the Specialized users.

Looking for a mid drive commuter for gravel and city roads. Typical commute is 15 miles or so, and would like to have sustained 20-25mph speed.
I have shortlisted the following
Cannondale Tesoro Neo X2 - 4100$
Trek Allant+ 7S - Trek - 4050$
Specialized Turbo Vado 4.0 - $4000
Gazelle Medeo T10+ HMB - 3700$

These 4 bikes are very similar? Any other brand I am missing in this class and type (class 3 mid drive torque sensing brose/Bosch 250W 75-85Nm motors)?
Specialized has the best display, but the lowest power.

I am not sure which of these have a suspension seat post, but a couple have.

Cannondale is sold by REI so the 10% member cashback puts it at Gazelle price.

SO I am confused between these 4. What are the pros of cons of these 4 bikes? Which one would you prefer, and is there any other brand I should look at in this price range (Need warranty support and local network)
Can you please make a decision already... or I'll be forced to fly to Poland and give Stefan a home lobotomy with an ice pick!

Can you please make a decision already... or I'll be forced to fly to Poland and give Stefan a home lobotomy with an ice pick!
If I were him, I would be already riding my Vado :) Why go with all the trouble with the legacy Bosch system and 500 Wh battery, not even mentioning the Purion if he could have MasterMind and the 710 Wh battery? (User @Roamers went with a Gazelle and later asked how to determine the cadence there :) )

If I were him, I would be already riding my Vado :) Why go with all the trouble with the legacy Bosch system and 500 Wh battery, not even mentioning the Purion if he could have MasterMind and the 710 Wh battery? (User @Roamers went with a Gazelle and later asked how to determine the cadence there :) )
If I were you I would give my advice once, maybe twice and then STFU.

Or better yet go for another ride and count calories cause obviously a ride to the lbs wasn't enough.
1650401681896.png

Everyone should have a second charger. It is nice. Particularly for a commuter. Little know fact: If you eat your dealer network even a man can get pregnant.

Andy Spandy. I could give rats ass about someone else’s body shape, weight, or “wiener”. But f*ck me Stefan you’re acting like a third grade bully. Back to the plonk for you.

Yes, both priority current and prodigy ride 1up (brose motor) are a bit of a gamble, but at under 2500$, I save 1700$. These companies offer 2 year warranty and based on the forum threads they ship replacement motors etc., promptly as they are USA based.

In the end its like spending 1500$ more and getting more peace of mind, but maybe I will go a bit adventurous
The first Ride1up Prodigy orders just starting showing up on people's doorsteps in recent days, and the feedback has been really good so far. They really like the quiet responsive Brose system. The XC model has a front suspension. You can get a spare or replacement battery for $449.

I read that Specialized is supposedly going to have parts available for their new models for 10 years, which is nice to know. But after the warranty is over, it's going to be pretty cashy for their parts/repairs. Can you get a new Specialized battery for anywhere near $449?

I've decided to put off getting any additional e-bikes this riding season, so these are things I'll be thinking about in the meantime.

So you can't parse the fact that the BBSxx series was the only powerful kit available, but support has been s*it? And Doug and I went above and beyond supporting Doug's customers, but got nothing from Bafang. Can I find issues and still like my motors? Or do I have to be a blind fanboy like you? FFS you can't access programming. How is that good support? Whatever. Back to the PLONK for your stubborn evangelical approach to Bafanged.
And your penchant for whining....

It looks like in about five or six weeks we will know if it is a boy or a girl. Spandex is popular in the modern maternity community. Was the test pink or blue?
1650414052612.jpeg

Attachments

• Stefan's Spandex.jpg
    Stefan's Spandex.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 186
I was phone less this morning but it looks like I didn't miss too much of the fun stuff that goes on in the forum.
This thread turned into a "My Ebike is Better than yours"
Stefan playing the leading role.
This is what I picture @Gionnirocket look like. Tony Walnuts from Tony Soprano.
Did the poster buy a bike yet?
Ordering something by this Friday. It’s either prodigy Vado or priority current. The latter is in fray due to awesome. 2500$ price point through Costco

Can you get a new Specialized battery for anywhere near $449?
No, and it is not expected to get a quality 604 Wh battery that cheap (I mean, the one which would not burn your house one day; and for which you need no multimeter).

The OP named four quality mid-drive motor e-bikes from big brands in his post. He asked to tell him the difference between those e-bikes.
Only that.

Last edited:
Back