2021–2022 Riese & Müller Homage

• Thread starter Deleted member 18083
  • Start date
Taking one battery out and charging it separately with an additional charger whilst simultaneously charging the other in-bike is the fastest way to charge both but a bit of a pain
The process of discharging the dual battery on R&M e-bikes is very interesting. Regarding the charging, I might agree that charging both batteries with two individual chargers might seem complicated but it is indeed practical and very fast.

1611649328549.png

Charging two 604 Wh Specialized batteries at a hotel. Four hours and a half, and the batteries were ready to be used again.

The process of discharging the dual battery on R&M e-bikes is very interesting.
It's not an R&M thing, it's a dual battery Bosch design, i imagine it works the same for other dual battery Bosch ebikes.
I also believe it was originally designed to handle more than 2 batteries.

looking into a car rack to transport the bikes. I came across this one that is set up with a ramp for ebikes. 60 lbs. per bike max. If the Homage have there battery packs removed should work.
We have this rack and the ramp. It is easy to use but when you are loading two bikes there is a clearance problem rolling the second bike onto the rack with the first bike in place. Handlebars, cranks etc get in the way. Also, I found the Super Delight is so large that it made removing the ramp impossible without modifying the hooks that engage the rack a bit. All that said we have been every happy with the Kuat rack and carry two R&M bikes (with batteries removed) all the time.

We have this rack and the ramp. It is easy to use but when you are loading two bikes there is a clearance problem rolling the second bike onto the rack with the first bike in place. Handlebars, cranks etc get in the way. Also, I found the Super Delight is so large that it made removing the ramp impossible without modifying the hooks that engage the rack a bit. All that said we have been every happy with the Kuat rack and carry two R&M bikes (with batteries removed) all the time.
Thanks for the info.

My Homage has been delayed again.

It was scheduled to be built between January 25 to 29 and has now been delayed till between February 15 and 19. The bike was ordered on September 1, the first day the 2021’s were announced, so IF it gets built at the new scheduled time it will have been a six and a half month wait plus shipping time.
I'm not holding my breath though as I have had 4 scheduled build dates only to get further delays. I would have canceled my order but I really want a full suspension step through so the Homage is my only choice.

I believe I saw a 2021 Homage on the R&M Facebook page - has anyone else received their bike yet?
We ordered 2 bikes early September when the 2021 specs were released (Superdelite & Homage) .... the Superdelite was delivered at the end of October 1 week ahead of schedule and the Homage was due 2-3 weeks later. Unfortunately each time the date has got within a week or so my dealer has informed me of a further 4 week slippage. We have just been told over this weekend that we are looking at a week 8 build week and that all Homage bikes are affected .... I have no reason to doubt my dealer as they have been brilliant on all aspects (OnBike) ... Just have to wait for the bike and hopefully its delivered with better weather.

My bike shop is talking to a rep today to get some information prior to me ordering on timing. Not sure if that will give any real information but I will let you all know if I get any info. If they still do not have old orders in production any new ones will most certainly be very late.

John

Just went on R&M website to get some weight information and they just added an ABS option to the Homage. No price info yet. Cant use front rack with it. https://www.r-m.de/en-en/bikes/homage/homage-gt-vario-hs/#F00518_0401081006

John,
The Bosch ebike ABS is only available in certain EU countries, not on USA models.
Trust me, I asked about that both directly with R&M and with Bosch customer service before ordering mine.
They currently do not even have an extended forecast of when they might consider offering it in the USA.

Yes, you can always take one out and ride with one, don't know if the cover will be exactly the same as other new R&M covers but may cost up to US$100.

I’m pretty sure I paid less than half that for mine (625Wh horizontal travel cover). But since I’d probably want two for transporting the bike on rack in the rain, yeah, 100$ US sounds about right for a pair.

You'll be pleased to know that there's no discrimination with the United States :)

Last edited:
Yes, you can always take one out and ride with one, don't know if the cover will be exactly the same as other new R&M covers but may cost up to US$100.
Early days, but these are some of the photo's i've seen, look a bit different to each other within the same major model.

Last edited:
Scott, do you have issue with the fenders on the bike not working with this rack? My be an issue with the Homage.

Scott, do you have issue with the fenders on the bike not working with this rack? My be an issue with the Homage.
No, it hasn't been a problem. My Super Delight hs fenders. We have a Homage as well as the SD and have also used it to carry Haibike and Easy Motion with fenders. I make sure that the front tire hold down is very tight. You can usually tighten it a notch or two past the point where it initially contacts the tire if you lean into it a bit and doing this makes me more comfortable though it may not really be necessary.

No, it hasn't been a problem. My Super Delight hs fenders. We have a Homage as well as the SD and have also used it to carry Haibike and Easy Motion with fenders. I make sure that the front tire hold down is very tight. You can usually tighten it a notch or two past the point where it initially contacts the tire if you lean into it a bit and doing this makes me more comfortable though it may not really be necessary.
Thanks for the help. One more if you do not mind, do you use the clamp down over the fender or in front of it? I see some people stop in front of the fender and not near the frame.

Back