This looks incredible!
If I had a bike like that, I would put it on the wall and would never take it on the trail! ☺

Paul knows couple of very skilled painters and I will also try to find someone who can do this. If you know of any shop that can do this, please let me know.

Google turned up many options. I would think you can come up with a good partnership with a place like this one:

I would think there's a place nearby you that can work on special rates for custom jobs - especially in this Covid economy. I'd wait an extra 30 days for a custom color to bring some uniqueness.

@elljefe and @CheetahLee

Thanks. What kind of colors would you like to see on the frame (see below) ?
We have a talented designer and we would like to make the bike look classy and sexy and your feedback would be appreciated. We should have the frames ready to paint in a few weeks.

View attachment 61429

First of all great lineup(I think these models will be a big success), you have all the bases covered. How about Turquoise with white highlights (preferably reflective)as an option?

@elljefe and @CheetahLee

Thanks. What kind of colors would you like to see on the frame (see below) ?
We have a talented designer and we would like to make the bike look classy and sexy and your feedback would be appreciated. We should have the frames ready to paint in a few weeks.

View attachment 61429

In all honesty, if you can pull off making a better bike than R&M makes at a fraction of the cost I will buy it even if it is only offered in hot pink with unicorns and hearts on it.

I would be happy with matte black or Porsche's chalk (grey) color if I had to pick.

In all honesty, if you can pull off making a better bike than R&M makes at a fraction of the cost I will buy it even if it is only offered in hot pink with unicorns and hearts on it.

I would be happy with matte black or Porsche's chalk (grey) color if I had to pick.

I agree... I would like Porsche chalk grey with unicorns! ;)

The factory we are working with has been building frames for CANYON, Pinarello, Salsa etc.
Their sister factory built the frames for R-M Load. So, we are confident they will deliver high-quality frames.
All other components like suspension fork, wheels, crankset, lights, brakes etc are a tier above most of the bikes. You will be happy with the final product.

The factory we are working with has been building frames for CANYON, Pinarello, Salsa etc.
Their sister factory built the frames for R-M Load. So, we are confident they will deliver high-quality frames.
All other components like suspension fork, wheels, crankset, lights, brakes etc are a tier above most of the bikes. You will be happy with the final product.

Ravi, any release date for the commuter bike?

Thanks,
Ahmed

COVID-19 has thrown some curve balls but we are still on track!

I am super excited to share that Tesla Research chair Prof. Jeff Dahn will be unveiling some of the Zen models later this year. He is not only an outstanding scientist but very generous with his time for his students and post-docs.
As you can read below, a very thriving battery and EV cluster is building up in Halifax, Nova Scotia. When I shared my plans of E-bike company with him, he was very supportive.

https://electricautonomy.ca/2020/08/21/the-jeff-dahn-effect/

We hope that Zen will be on that list pretty soon and we will strive to bring the some battery innovation to the E-bike space.
Coincidentally, Paul is a Canadian citizen and I am Canadian permanent resident. It will be good to contribute back into the local community and be part of the innovation hub outside of California.

COVID-19 has thrown some curve balls but we are still on track!

I am super excited to share that Tesla Research chair Prof. Jeff Dahn will be unveiling some of the Zen models later this year. He is not only an outstanding scientist but very generous with his time for his students and post-docs.
As you can read below, a very thriving battery and EV cluster is building up in Halifax, Nova Scotia. When I shared my plans of E-bike company with him, he was very supportive.

https://electricautonomy.ca/2020/08/21/the-jeff-dahn-effect/

We hope that Zen will be on that list pretty soon and we will strive to bring the some battery innovation to the E-bike space.
Coincidentally, Paul is a Canadian citizen and I am Canadian permanent resident. It will be good to contribute back into the local community and be part of the innovation hub outside of California.

Ravi, congratulations on your work connection with Jeff and the expanding EV battery community in Halifax.

I think you have the right stuff to help produce the first Tesla-branded bike... this needs to be pitched to Elon.

Ravi, congratulations on your work connection with Jeff and the expanding EV battery community in Halifax.

I think you have the right stuff to help produce the first Tesla-branded bike... this needs to be pitched to Elon.
Forget Tesla branding, just call it the Mars bike.

Thank you, @FlatSix911 , @JRA and @CityExplorer (and other good friends on this forum).

Apart from being super helpful to forum members, you have been supportive of this initiative and I am grateful.
I hope I can return the favor to you guys in the future in some way. Please feel free to email me any constructive feedback or suggestions.

Ravi, the new bikes look cool. I assume these are renderings?

Heiwa

Nami

Samurai

Shakti

Hi Tom,

Those images were used only for sizing the image placeholder on the website and not our designs. Most of our bikes will have belt drive and I can confidently say, will look better.

Even the nomenclature will be different.

Hi Tom,

Those images were used only for sizing the image placeholder on the website and not our designs. Most of our bikes will have belt drive and I can confidently say, will look better.

Even the nomenclature will be different.
Isn’t that misleading for the customers that preorder? It doesn’t matter whether your bikes will look much better. I don’t see any disclaimer stating that those bike are not the bikes you will be selling.

Isn’t that misleading for the customers that preorder? It doesn’t matter whether your bikes will look much better. I don’t see any disclaimer stating that those bike are not the bikes you will be selling.

Steve,
We are not taking anyone's money and we have not even started the pre-ordering yet and it is not misleading.
In fact, we are under-promising and over-delivering. It is to easy to play the pre-order game because I am playing with someone else's money but instead we chose to invest our money and test everything before go fully live with the product launch.

Regardless,whoever you hired to design did a great job. Love the color scheme and graphics on the Samurai and Shakti pictured above.

Steve,
We are not taking anyone's money and we have not even started the pre-ordering yet and it is not misleading.
In fact, we are under-promising and over-delivering. It is to easy to play the pre-order game because I am playing with someone else's money but instead we chose to invest our money and test everything before go fully live with the product launch.
Ravi,

I beg to differ. When you make a business site public and post products with images that are not what the business will be selling, that’s what most people refer to as false advertising.

I don’t doubt that you have good intentions and will hopefully meet up to all the hype, in which, I may be one of your future customers. But speaking only to how you are presenting your products, it’s not very up and up. Maybe other folks are fine with it but I stand by my opinion.

Back