Paul found a nice integrated solution for the Supernova M99 headlight and M99 electronic horn.

Both the light and horn are quite powerful in the sense they both operate at the level of cars. The lights are amazing and when you hear the horn, it sounds like a low-intensity car horn.

View attachment 67758

A nice clean integrated design... is the horn available at retail?

A nice clean integrated design... is the horn available at retail?

It's not available for retail as of now but might change in 2021.
The thing is, to install it properly, you have to open the motor a little bit and wire it properly to the 12V port. Shops may charge labor cost to perform this.
It is a lot easier to add this when the bike is getting built and perhaps a bit cheaper as well.

It's not available for retail as of now but might change in 2021.
The thing is, to install it properly, you have to open the motor a little bit and wire it properly to the 12V port. Shops may charge labor cost to perform this.
It is a lot easier to add this when the bike is getting built and perhaps a bit cheaper as well.

Ravi, thanks for your reply... we can't wait to see the final product reviewed on EBR. :)

Ravi- I just took a first look at your web page now and wow, I am impressed with the design of the Z-SpeedR! That should sell quite well considering all you have put into that model. The others are also nice, however, this E-bike stood out the most. Just curious what is the ballpark price on that model? Way to go! ;)

Ravi- I just took a first look at your web page now and wow, I am impressed with the design of the Z-SpeedR! That should sell quite well considering all you have put into that model. The others are also nice, however, this E-bike stood out the most. Just curious what is the ballpark price on that model? Way to go! ;)
Looks to be a BMC Alpenchallenge AMP Sport with Zen stickers.

Thanks Bob!
That picture/bike design was used as a template for the website. Even if we do Shimano system, we may not sell it until later 2021 or 2022 but for sure we will have the Bosch system.
We will be launching the product with Prof.Jeff Dahn in Canada fairly soon. We are waiting for the border to open so we could travel.

Here are two frame designs that will be available later this year and in higher volume in 2021.

Zen Samurai.JPG
Zen Samurai Wave.JPG

Yeah, seems like we are seeing more copy cats coming out slowly. Just waiting for them to become a bit more affordable to have as a secondary commuter.

I will look forward to seeing you with a Canyon or BMC bike :)
but I know you will always wait for close out prices from Lenny's store ;)
I hope you are enjoying the BH jet and Haibike that you got from Lenny's. Here is a helpful tip for you: Lenny just bought 100+ BMC bikes and you will be able to get one at a good price this Christmas ;)

I will look forward to seeing you with a Canyon or BMC bike :)
but I know you will always wait for close out prices from Lenny's store ;)
I hope you are enjoying the BH jet and Haibike that you got from Lenny's. Here is a helpful tip for you: Lenny just bought 100+ BMC bikes and you will be able to get one at a good price this Christmas ;)

Good to know about the BMC bikes at CL... I also expect to see a few Black Friday sales during Thanksgiving. ;)

@Ravi Kempaiah

I really like what you are doing, top notch components all the way, I would be willing to sacrifice power for less noise, but not the throttle, for me that is 75% of the joy of an Ebike.
Bosch needs to address the needs of it's non-European customers.
It's a deal breaker for me beyond price and quality, and I know I am not the only one.

Another point I know most people might not notice, is this, Bosch is still on the 36V system, that is 2 generations behind for power output compared to the newest 52V systems that are now being sold.
In some ways Bosch is ahead of others, and in other ways they are lagging behind, they need a North American division specifically building for this market, America and Canada are exploding with Ebike companies and consumers right now and it is very different from the European market.

Last edited:

@Ravi Kempaiah

I really like what you are doing, top notch components all the way, I would be willing to sacrifice power for less noise, but not the throttle, for me that is 75% of the joy of an Ebike.
It's a deal breaker for me beyond price and quality, and I know I am not the only one.

Another point I know most people might not notice, is this, Bosch is still on the 36V system, that is 2 generations behind for power output compared to the newest 52V systems that are now being sold.
In some ways Bosch is ahead of others, and in other ways they are lagging behind, they need a North American division specifically building for this market, America and Canada are exploding with Ebike companies and consumers right now and it is very different from the European market.
No you are not the only one. I agree whole heartedly with your entire comment. To heck with the euroweenie command and control government they have surrendered their rights to. You would think smart business men like those who run Bosch and Shimano ( yeah I know, Japan ) would wise up.

but not the throttle, for me that is 75% of the joy of an Ebike.

Understandable. Bosch does provide throttle on their scooter motor system and they do make 1500W motors.
The decision of not including the throttle is made consciously by their team. They want their E-bike systems to be recognized as "bicycle enhancers" and pedaling will always be an integral part of this.

Let me share a bicycle designer point of view.
The best designs in most electronics don't go by the metric of power alone. BOSE makes some of the best noise canceling and premium speakers/ headphones. They don't mention anything about power to market their products. You will see other manufacturers mentioning 250W RMS power or 1000W etc. What really matters at the end of the day is how pleasant the speaker sounds to human ear.
Bose delivers on that. Spec by spec, Apple products have lower spec compared to their PC or Android counterparts but in many aspects, Apple products perform better than Android/PC devices.
Some folks think Apple or Bose products are highly over-priced, yet Apple and Bose dominate their market segments and people appreciate those products.

Similarly, just because one motor has 1000W or 130 Nm doesn't mean much. Pedal assist system, efficiency, durability are more important.

Not everyone needs 750W+ and for most folks 350W-500W would be sufficient. I have seen a lot of folks here who start with 750W motor and in a year, end up using only level 1 pedal assist.
Another unfortunate situation is that an average american is significantly overweight compared to many other countries where cycling is common (Netherlands, Germany etc.)

In theory, a 48V system would be better but 36V system is performing just fine. Bosch/Shimano/Yamaha have the technology to create all kinds of motors but they have focused on providing higher quality motors and service. They have consciously made a decision to keep away from the higher power market segment. They are not worried about losing market share to Radpower in the US or some other brand that sells bikes for $1500. There will always be decent market for E-bikes that have very refined pedal assist and have excellent reliability, irrespective of the brand/company.

Back