Ravi,

I beg to differ. When you make a business site public and post products with images that are not what the business will be selling, that’s what most people refer to as false advertising.

I don’t doubt that you have good intentions and will hopefully meet up to all the hype, in which, I may be one of your future customers. But speaking only to how you are presenting your products, it’s not very up and up. Maybe other folks are fine with it but I stand by my opinion.

Thanks for your opinion!

To be fair Ravi didn't post them here, I did. I had to poke hard to find the website which appears to still be in development and not actively promoted.

To be fair Ravi didn't post them here, I did. I had to poke hard to find his website which appears to still be in development and not actively promoted.

Thanks for understanding, Tom!

I was going to email you to remove those pictures because we were experimenting with different color schemes, graphics and topical design. We also had to size those placeholders and that's how those images came about.

But, once we go live after the product launch in Canada, I will post high-res images of the actual bike.

I'll remove the embedd images (folks can check your website for ongoing renders).

Ravi-Looks like you are off to a nice healthy start with your webpage. I did not know it was already in the works. You are moving at lightening speed considering all you have done since your initial announcement. I hope you also consider a kick-a$$ design in an eMTB (with the new Shimano EP8) and knock it out of the park. I think it would compliment the others in the lineup IMO. I believe your passion in this space will get you places. Cheers!

Last edited:
Ravi-Looks like you are off to a nice healthy start with your webpage. I did not know it was already in the works. You are moving at lightening speed considering all you have done since your initial announcement. I hope you also consider a kick-a$$ design in an eMTB (with the new Shimano EP8) and knock it out of the park. I think it would compliment the others in the lineup IMO. I believe your passion in this space will get you places. Cheers!

Thanks, Bob!

---------------------------------

Quick update:

We have 95% of all the items needed to get this going. (Rohloff E-14, Bosch system, wheels, forks etc.)
Trying to put together a bike of this caliber in the midst of a global pandemic is like performing a open-heart surgery.
We had trouble finding a good painter but it is all resolved now. Eager to share some pictures of the completed build in a few weeks.

That is exciting news. I can’t wait to see photos of the bike put together

Samurai is getting ready for the final testing
it's coming ... very shortly :)

1.png
2.jpg

Very nice top end components here Ravi. Well done and never expected anything less from you and your team. Future so bright, we all have to wear sunglasses! :cool: 🤣

Thanks, Bob!

Paul has a lot of experience building amazing E-bike stuff that are also elegant. I think the final product after the paint will prompt you to wear sunglasses :cool::p
[Paul's Revel gen2 motor with custom ASI controller was super nice]

1601164932463.png

Looks good if I ignore the Bosch 'lock-in' issues. The rotor looks a bit small though.

I think the visuals make it look small but believe me they have pretty good stopping power. Both are 180mm and quad-piston brakes.
The same setup used on Stromer ST2-S and many other bikes like the R-M, Trek.

Last edited:
I was reading up on Paul's Revel gen2 motor just the other day. I thought it might work with my carbon road bike.

Thanks, Ron!

You can read more about rider experiences on MTBR/ EMTB forums. For it's size, it's an amazing system.

What "lock in" issues are you referring to? Just curious. 🤔

I think he is referring to the eco-system.
It is so with any motor system. You buy a Shimano E-bike, you can't use those batteries/chargers on any other motor system. The same goes with Yamaha/Brose/Bafang.
Many of the newer bikes have proprietary, integrated downtube battery shape and dimensions and makes for a challenging repair few years down the line.

It's more akin... once you get an iPhone/iPad/MAC eco-system changing to a PC is not so easy. When it comes to Bosch, their powerpack 500 is one of the most widely used batteries. So, one could use it on e-MTB, e-Cargo and e-commuter bikes without trouble.

Few years ago, at an Interbike event, Bosch manager told me that they get a LOT of requests from OEMs to allow usage of custom battery solutions and Bosch has always advised against it for various reasons.

Last edited:
I think he is referring to the eco-system.
It is so with any motor system. You buy a Shimano E-bike, you can't use those batteries/chargers on any other motor system. The same goes with Yamaha/Brose/Bafang.
Many of the newer bikes have proprietary, integrated downtube battery shape and dimensions and makes for a challenging repair few years down the line.

It's more akin... once you get an iPhone/iPad/MAC eco-system changing to a PC is not so easy. When it comes to Bosch, their powerpack 500 is one of the most widely used batteries. So, one could use it on e-MTB, e-Cargo and e-commuter bikes without trouble.

Few years ago, at an Interbike event, Bosch manager told me that they get a LOT of requests from OEMs to allow usage of custom battery solutions and Bosch has always advised against it for various reasons.
Thanks for the explanation. It makes sense with so many proprietary brands across the board, there is bound to be a lot compatibility issues.

Paul found a nice integrated solution for the Supernova M99 headlight and M99 electronic horn.

Both the light and horn are quite powerful in the sense they both operate at the level of cars. The lights are amazing and when you hear the horn, it sounds like a low-intensity car horn.

1602036638716.png

Back