Nice to see the options available on the website along with the $100 donation to a worthy cause. ;)

Annotation 2020-07-30 144414.jpg

Last edited:
That is not to say, they can't do it. They have done it for the Chinese market where the scooters are extremely popular.
Their scooter motor is very sophisticated and offers a LOT of power.

Don't hate the throttler, hate the game.

pennybags said a lot of what I was thinking, but I'd also add that I live in San Diego. It is arguably the biking capital of the world with the massive amount of cyclists, triathlons, and well-architected bike lanes here. It's a popular recreational and workout activity - not just on roads but the hills are awesome for several skill levels. I'm new to it courtesy of the 'Rona. People here can't stand electric scooters (Lime, etc.) as they get dropped all over and unskilled riders barrel into citizens on occasion. But nobody complains about bikes unless they're not from here.

Ravi...don't get me wrong here. Your reply had some great info I hadn't thought about - at least not nearly as deeply as you considering your new business venture. Thanks for your comments - and for your enjoyment I have been quietly watching your developments just wondering if you would make a turn towards producing an eMTB instead of commuter bikes (that don't interest me.) I see it now on your website and will continue to tap refresh hoping for a specs drop or artist's rendering any moment now!

San Diego is nowhere near the cycling capital of the world. The infrastructure isn’t there. Getting better but nothing like the Netherlands.

And, yes, I live in San Diego county.

San Diego is nowhere near the cycling capital of the world. The infrastructure isn’t there. Getting better but nothing like the Netherlands.

And, yes, I live in San Diego county.

OK so maybe 6 months out of the year thanks to weather. Also, I have a very myopic view of the world.

I have been quietly watching your developments just wondering if you would make a turn towards producing an eMTB instead of commuter bikes

Paul and I are working on it my friend. We have the basic design ready: full-suspension, Gates belt drive and suspended rear rack. One of the very few bikes with full suspension and belt drive system. It takes a while to get the engineering right but we will do it because there are folks like you who would appreciate it.

Paul and I are working on it my friend. We have the basic design ready: full-suspension, Gates belt drive and suspended rear rack. One of the very few bikes with full suspension and belt drive system. It takes a while to get the engineering right but we will do it because there are folks like you who would appreciate it.

This is awesome!!

Any other details you can share?

Anticipated release date?
Nuvinci/Rohloff?
Step through?
Weight?
Target price?
Etc.

Thanks

This is awesome!!

Any other details you can share?

Anticipated release date?
Nuvinci/Rohloff?
Step through?
Weight?
Target price?
Etc.

Thanks

Thanks for your interest.
Our hardtail models with the belt drive can be equipped with Rohloff or Enviolo and these would come first.
The full suspension model with the belt drive needs to be tested extensively for belt tension during the rear suspension travel. This requires very careful design and testing.
This will be a step-over , not a step-thru unfortunately.
Yes, it can be equipped with Enviolo or Rohloff IGH.
Weight would depend on the # of batteries and the choice of IGH, so can't comment on that accurately but rest assured, we will release more details as soon as we have final design+testing done.
It is always good to under promise and over-deliver. Please keep an eye on this if you are in looking for such a model :)

I'm just waiting to give you and/or @pushkar my money to get a bike like this built :)

@elljefe and @CheetahLee

Thanks. What kind of colors would you like to see on the frame (see below) ?
We have a talented designer and we would like to make the bike look classy and sexy and your feedback would be appreciated. We should have the frames ready to paint in a few weeks.

1596678066614.png

@elljefe and @CheetahLee

We have a talented designer and we would like to make the bike look classy and sexy and your feedback would be appreciated. We should have the frames ready to paint in a few weeks.

View attachment 61429

Custom Metallic paints with a bit of metal flake are great in the sun! 😉

1596678430001.png

Last edited:
I still consider solid matte black with logos not prominently visible as the best option (even heat gun removable). If I owned a bike company I'd add a dark matte charcoal, some other brighter matte color, and I always wondered why nobody did oil slick on metal frames like they do with chains, scooters, and other things. I'd also offer custom colors on an additional 30 days or whatever is necessary assuming you do complete assembly.

QUESTION: is that a double battery like the FREY because it should easily hide in a frame of that size?

Ravi, I would be interested in safe color, such as 1 of my riding jackets , reflective green/yellow what ever is most reflective for visibility. I don’t know if it would sell to others but anything that would help be seen/safe currently
i pick the lightest color of what I am buying , silver Trek last week

I would get reflective white walls or writing for the tires and if you supply lights , slits or cuts in the head light for the sides too

Custom Metallic paints with a bit of metal flake are great in the sun!

This looks incredible!
If I had a bike like that, I would put it on the wall and would never take it on the trail! ☺

Paul knows couple of very skilled painters and I will also try to find someone who can do this. If you know of any shop that can do this, please let me know.

solid matte black with logos not prominently visible as the best option (even heat gun removable)

I agree. We have the matte black option and it looks awesome ... almost like a mini batmobile!

QUESTION: is that a double battery like the FREY because it should easily hide in a frame of that size?

There is an integrated downtube battery and with just 1 battery, the bike weighs in low 50 lbs (Integrated gear hubs add weight). But, low-50lbs lends the bike agility and ride characteristic that is truly enjoyable.

The 2nd battery is a piggyback. This helps in reducing frame complexity. If we integrate the second battery into the frame, the frame design adds a lot of complexity, weight and production cost.
2nd battery is desirable for 30+ mile rides and most of the time, single battery is good enough. This flexibility is important for some riders without lugging around the 2nd battery.

We have a lot of respect for brands like Trek and R&M but they also cost lot more. I mean We have better specs than R&M at 65% of the cost for an end user. It's super hard to find a Bosch bike with Gates belt system, Rohloff electronic shifting and dual battery for less than $6K. And we have much nicer Kinekt suspension seatpost. So, I think endusers will immediately recognize the value of what they are getting ...

1596909926925.png

This looks incredible!
If I had a bike like that, I would put it on the wall and would never take it on the trail! ☺

Paul knows a couple of very skilled painters and I will also try to find someone who can do this. If you know of any shop that can do this, please let me know.

Glad you like the finish... I wish it were my bike. 😉

Looks like we have us an Indy Ebike race. Bosch vs Bafang ....and a few other details. Will probably make both better.

@elljefe and @CheetahLee

View attachment 61429
something along the lines of the Luna KHS 3000 model with the "Galaxy Paint" . It's kind of a metallic sparkle that looks like a mini milkyway shot from the Hubbel telescope.
1596936075324.png
1596936075324.png

Back