Samurai/Zen quality Question

Ebikelife72

Region
USA
I’m very likely to buy a Samurai, most likely today or in the morning. I’ve been looking all over the internet and I’m not finding hardly any positives or negatives from actual owners. It appears Zen has shipped many bike but I’ve only seen a handful of owners on the forums. This is likely a good thing as happy owners rarely seek out forums which typically attract people with issues. So is there anyone that can tell me why I shouldn’t buy a Samurai?

I’m very likely to buy a Samurai, most likely today or in the morning. I’ve been looking all over the internet and I’m not finding hardly any positives or negatives from actual owners. It appears Zen has shipped many bike but I’ve only seen a handful of owners on the forums. This is likely a good thing as happy owners rarely seek out forums which typically attract people with issues. So is there anyone that can tell me why I shouldn’t buy a Samurai?
Have no experience with the bikes, but the designs and parts used are very innovative. I’ve read posts from the owner and he seems like a thoughtful forward-thinking guy. The samurai compares to Gazelle bikes, but for the money Zen is far superior.

Of note: much better fork (fox option!?), head light, included suspension seatpost, tires, and brakes. All far superior.

Options for high end hubs, the fox option as mentioned, dual battery (wouldn’t do that personally), supernova light, etc.

And the sale price way undercuts Gazelle.

Have no experience with the bikes, but the designs and parts used are very innovative. I’ve read posts from the owner and he seems like a thoughtful forward-thinking guy. The samurai compares to Gazelle bikes, but for the money Zen is far superior.

Of note: much better fork (fox option!?), head light, included suspension seatpost, tires, and brakes. All far superior.

Options for high end hubs, the fox option as mentioned, dual battery (wouldn’t do that personally), supernova light, etc.

And the sale price way undercuts Gazelle.

Many thanks for your comment and endorsement.
It's always nice to hear from experienced E-bike folks.

Back