X7 discussion

On the left, square shaped.
Thank you Mateo's Dad :) That worked fine. Sorry for my ignorance. I've had motorcyles for 30 years of my life. Decided I'm gonna get myself killed on it as I get older. This is my first E Bike. Next week I will have someone bring it down the stairs for me (can't lift the 60 pounds until September 10) so I can give it a test run. I guess I was blessed. Looks like everything works just fine (we'll see after some test riding for sure). Can't wait.

OMG, this thread has turned into a real cluster #@&!. The motor clutch problems seem to be directly related to the motors that Eahora is now using. My 2019 X7+ has a Reibok motor and with over 1400 miles on it, I've had no issues (knocks on wood). Honestly, I feel kind of guilty promoting the brand ...

I'm sure C-19 caused some of these issues but sloppy or non-existent QA is the real culprit. These heavy ebikes need much better packaging and to blame FedEx is silly. No handles on a large, heavy, awkward to carry boxes with single wall cardboard is asking for trouble. These are very thin margin products and some issues are to be expected but this is out of control. I can't see Eahora surviving without really stepping up. The question is, do they have the resources (Capital) to make things right ...

Anyone have any input about how these tires will react to NYC streets ? They look skimpy as compared to the Kenda tires.
I was curious about CST tires vs. Kenda. My Motiv comfort/cruiser bike has Kenda tires and they are fine. CST has this on their webpage: "CST brand tires are offered by Cheng Shin Rubber Ind. Co. Ltd. (Cheng Shin Tire). Employing more than 20,000 people, Cheng Shin Tire is the largest manufacturer of bicycle tires in the world".

CST 26x2.0 are shipped on the eAhora XC100--awaiting my delivery in the next few weeks. However, I've already purchased a set of Maxxis Hookworms (26x2.5) and Slime inner tubes. The CSTs from the XC100 will go on my wife's Schwinn Meridian trike I recently converted to an e-trike (Voilamart 1000w front wheel conversion/48v 13aH battery).

OMG, this thread has turned into a real cluster #@&!. The motor clutch problems seem to be directly related to the motors that Eahora is now using. My 2019 X7+ has a Reibok motor and with over 1400 miles on it, I've had no issues (knocks on wood). Honestly, I feel kind of guilty promoting the brand ...

I'm sure C-19 caused some of these issues but sloppy or non-existent QA is the real culprit. These heavy ebikes need much better packaging and to blame FedEx is silly. No handles on a large, heavy, awkward to carry boxes with single wall cardboard is asking for trouble. These are very thin margin products and some issues are to be expected but this is out of control. I can't see Eahora surviving without really stepping up. The question is, do they have the resources (Capital) to make things right ...
I was sooo happy and excited by the prior Eahora models, the Reviews and the new June 2020 X7+ that I jumped at the chance to purchase it! Like many, I was concerned by the lack of adequate packaging (shipping issues & damage NOT Fedex or UPS' fault); the one-ply box and lack of insulation were appalling. Had I received a knockoff; I mean so many positive customer experiences reported with Eahora? Then I received my incomplete scratched bike missing the rear suspension bolt and other bolts/nuts; bent de-railer; did not receive the advertised rear back light and color controller (purportedly to ship later); and to find that nearly every single customer received some or all of the above issues. Add to that, apparently I received a stripped clutch. I received a Lemon, Dead on Arrival $1400 purchase and I'm pissed as hell! Eahora promised on Friday 6/19 to ship a new clutch "in two days" and would reimburse me to have professionally installed (I have zero ebike experience and don't want to start out digging into a hub motor; nor did I buy a "hobby" of bike repair [repair & maintenance come over time, not day 1]); I bought a dream bike that turned out to be a bloody nightmare. I've not heard anything about the replacement clutch shipment and I asked for status; no response yet.

But there again, I'm not alone. There are many others (high percentage among new owners) with the exact same issue; DOA bikes with bad motors/clutches. Another owner & 'victim of the Clutch issue" was told he was receiving a new hub motor complete. I feel so let down in a time where some joy is definitely needed; instead I have disappointment and aggravation. If i were to receive replacement parts, I would have to find someone in NYC to professionally install, uber the bike to the shop; but with backlog of work who knows how long that could take. Man, I'm regretting laying out $1400 to feel this way.

Anyone promoting this company or its products should reconsider their prior promotions / recommendations; current Company support level (or lack of support), the goal and impacts of your endorsements, as well as any motivating factors or incentives behind your endorsement.

I was sooo happy and excited by the prior Eahora models, the Reviews and the new June 2020 X7+ that I jumped at the chance to purchase it! Like many, I was concerned by the lack of adequate packaging (shipping issues & damage NOT Fedex or UPS' fault); the one-ply box and lack of insulation were appalling. Had I received a knockoff; I mean so many positive customer experiences reported with Eahora? Then I received my incomplete scratched bike missing the rear suspension bolt and other bolts/nuts; bent de-railer; did not receive the advertised rear back light and color controller (purportedly to ship later); and to find that nearly every single customer received some or all of the above issues. Add to that, apparently I received a stripped clutch. I received a Lemon, Dead on Arrival $1400 purchase and I'm pissed as hell! Eahora promised on Friday 6/19 to ship a new clutch "in two days" and would reimburse me to have professionally installed (I have zero ebike experience and don't want to start out digging into a hub motor; nor did I buy a "hobby" of bike repair [repair & maintenance come over time, not day 1]); I bought a dream bike that turned out to be a bloody nightmare. I've not heard anything about the replacement clutch shipment and I asked for status; no response yet.

But there again, I'm not alone. There are many others (high percentage among new owners) with the exact same issue; DOA bikes with bad motors/clutches. Another owner & 'victim of the Clutch issue" was told he was receiving a new hub motor complete. I feel so let down in a time where some joy is definitely needed; instead I have disappointment and aggravation. If i were to receive replacement parts, I would have to find someone in NYC to professionally install, uber the bike to the shop; but with backlog of work who knows how long that could take. Man, I'm regretting laying out $1400 to feel this way.

Anyone promoting this company or its products should reconsider their prior promotions / recommendations; current Company support level (or lack of support), the goal and impacts of your endorsements, as well as any motivating factors or incentives behind your endorsement.
I feel bad for you guys that aren’t able to ride their bikes. At first it was a nightmare, but the bike is awesome after getting it setup. I hope you get your bike fixed because the regen in these bikes is good and you can’t get that with most ebikes.

Hi All, I echo both “need4speed” and “J-tron”. We also jumped through some fiery hoops getting our fantastic beasts online and operational. Both bikes were missing various bolts and parts and 1 bike the so called “clutch” was broken so the motor was DOA. I made a few hacks like eliminating the rear fenders (they grind on the chain/missing screws) and using a common hardware bolt to attach the rear suspension shock on Green-Mean (see pics). I sent the Black bike off to an ebike repair in NYC and $200 later it is now back and fully functional. Let me say, after all the trials and tribulations the bikes are a DREAM! Everything you are looking for and imagine ebikes will bring to your lifestyle and enjoyment they will exceed your expectations. These things ride like Bentleys, handle terrain and the tough streets of NYC like a Range Rover and fast as an Aston Martin! Unfortunately much of Eahora‘s customer satisfaction score will take a massive hit due to all the ill’s mentioned. We all bought bikes expecting them to arrive intact with all parts, fully functional with available customer service and this simply did not happen. I am still waiting for color screens, bolts, clutch and a Reply! In the meantime summer is speeding away and Q-pause is relaxing so I intend to get the most out of the bikes before summer is over. Anyone experiencing similar issues I advise and suggest to push past the disappointments and failures on Eahora’s part and try your best to get the bikes up and running because you will Love It! Collectively we will tackle and succeed with Eahora! We have American credit backing us so never fear and we are building strong irrefutable cases! So get your bikes fixed, functioning and fit for summer fun! I have figured 98% of the display functions for anyone with M5 display models but will send only via an email request. Here are some pics and I can answer some questions if needed since we have tried and tested. Happy e-biking!

Attachments

• C0634730-C549-43C3-B9A1-04F5AA5B749A.jpeg
    C0634730-C549-43C3-B9A1-04F5AA5B749A.jpeg
    661.1 KB · Views: 393
  • 203D5C6E-8F6C-445B-9F8B-461784E140CE.jpeg
    203D5C6E-8F6C-445B-9F8B-461784E140CE.jpeg
    402.2 KB · Views: 405
  • 05830623-4B1B-454B-9C34-0F55F6727312.jpeg
    05830623-4B1B-454B-9C34-0F55F6727312.jpeg
    388.6 KB · Views: 394
  • 63D5A9EB-211C-4D52-A6EC-21271161C8E3.jpeg
    63D5A9EB-211C-4D52-A6EC-21271161C8E3.jpeg
    224.4 KB · Views: 390
I feel bad for you guys that aren’t able to ride their bikes. At first it was a nightmare, but the bike is awesome after getting it setup. I hope you get your bike fixed because the regen in these bikes is good and you can’t get that with most ebikes.
I'm leaving Eahora behind. I've pushed relentlessly to demand a full refund due to receiving a DOA bike, and so far Eahora has committed to full reimbursement (PayPal acting as mediator if necessary). I'm glad others are finding joy in their new X7+ beast; I certainly saw potential, but lack of support and a non-working bike are a non-starter. After $1400 we deserve to be made whole and not have to pay more for a professional to repair or replace items from the stock bike. I wish you all luck; and you may see me on my new Sondors Fold XS flying around the NYC area. I'll gladly trade off Eahora's regen for Sondor's larger battery (14AH vs. Eahora's 10.4AH); faster 3A charger (with fan to prevent over-heating); a true performing 750w nominal motor; Sondor's sleeker cable management and overall gorgeous design! While others may love the Torch color; I ordered mine in Graphite (check out the red lettering and accents). I'll have to wait until August; but that's not that far off; and Sonder's support is superior! They have a published phone number; try getting that bit of info from Eahora! Exits stage left to join Sondors Fold XS Forums.

Sondors FoldXS Graphite.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry to see you leave “need4speed” and hope you have better luck with Sondors. Just a little advice - my pals ordered Sondors (In part due to my fails with EAhora) and they keep pushing the delivery times further out so keep checking in with them. They look simply delicious! Your choice in graphite is Fablicious by NYC standards and will get you the nod! Cheers! Best of luck and see you on the West Side!

Re the Sondors XS and as long as we are discussing alternatives, the Rattan XL (I have one arriving tomorrow) is essentially the same ebike as the XS but has better specs (8 speed gearing, and no twist throttle, better grips, same battery) is 8 lbs lighter, has regen and is $500 cheaper. It was designed and is sold by a young Chinese Engineer who owns the company. Also, Sonders CS has been shaky in the past but as was said, someone will answer the phone ...

As far the the Eahora X7+ goes, mine has been great. Poor packaging aside, the bike works every day and just keeps on going (1439 miles to date in 4 months of riding). I ordered the X7+ because I saw Rattan's crowd funded XL being slow to deliver (6 months as it turned out). If I hadn't bought the X7+, I would have missed out on the last 4 months of riding and ebike riding is one or my favorite activities.

Re the Sondors XS and as long as we are discussing alternatives, the Rattan XL (I have one arriving tomorrow) is essentially the same ebike as the XS but has better specs (8 speed gearing, and no twist throttle, better grips, same battery) is 8 lbs lighter, has regen and is $500 cheaper. It was designed and is sold by a young Chinese Engineer who owns the company. Also, Sonders CS has been shaky in the past but as was said, someone will answer the phone ...

As far the the Eahora X7+ goes, mine has been great. Poor packaging aside, the bike works every day and just keeps on going (1439 miles to date in 4 months of riding). I ordered the X7+ because I saw Rattan's crowd funded XL being slow to deliver (6 months as it turned out). If I hadn't bought the X7+, I would have missed out on the last 4 months of riding and ebike riding is one or my favorite activities.
Let us know how the rattan is. It doesnt mention motor branding. Sonders uses befang. All that rattan will need is fork suspension and maybe seat suspension post.

Let us know how the rattan is. It doesnt mention motor branding. Sonders uses befang. All that rattan will need is fork suspension and maybe seat suspension post.
It has A 750 Reibok motor. My X7+ has a Reibok 500W. The Rattan has front air forks and a seat post spring.

Bafang does not make a motor with regenerative capability but I have another ebike on order that uses the Bafang 1000W mid-drive and that will be my daily rider when it comes in August. Guess I've gone a little over the top on ebiking. Will have 5 in the family by the end of summer.

Sadly Bafang geared hub drives claimed parameters are far from the real values. They are very generous in claiming motor power. AKA BS.

one exception are the Bafang drives from eBikes.ca. They post their specifications not Bafangs.

any direct drive hub motor can have Regen, a function of the controller.

Some ebike companies are guilty of using peak power (or just exaggerated) numbers to describe their motor watts. That is a measure buyers use so bigger better, right? In any case, I am unaware of any Bafang motor that uses regen. I have regen on my Eahora X7 (the subject of this thread) via it's Reibok motor. I like the technology and although not for everyone, I find utility in its use on almost every ride.

That said, my pending delivery Bafang mid-motor ebike does not use this tech, but it does use two 15ah batteries so the range I need is there without the somewhat limiting use of a regen feature.

It has A 750 Reibok motor. My X7+ has a Reibok 500W. The Rattan has front air forks and a seat post spring.

Bafang does not make a motor with regenerative capability but I have another ebike on order that uses the Bafang 1000W mid-drive and that will be my daily rider when it comes in August. Guess I've gone a little over the top on ebiking. Will have 5 in the family by the end of summer.
sounds like you got a good deal with the rattan.

sounds like you got a good deal with the rattan.

Yeah, it's a great value but they get a lot of shipping damage due to poor packaging. If they spent another $100 bucks on the boxing and padding they could save a lot of grief for themselves and their customers. I am hoping that my new XL is in tact when it arrives today if it does in fact arrive today.:)

Some ebike companies are guilty of using peak power (or just exaggerated) numbers to describe their motor watts. That is a measure buyers use so bigger better, right? In any case, I am unaware of any Bafang motor that uses regen. I have regen on my Eahora X7 (the subject of this thread) via it's Reibok motor. I like the technology and although not for everyone, I find utility in its use on almost every ride.

That said, my pending delivery Bafang mid-motor ebike does not use this tech, but it does use two 15ah batteries so the range I need is there without the somewhat limiting use of a regen feature.
Approximately how much range extension does regen provide on an average? Like 10% more? Does it affect ride quality, by impeding speed or increasing peddle effort?

Approximately how much range extension does regen provide on an average? Like 10% more? Does it affect ride quality, by impeding speed or increasing peddle effort?

Highly variable and yes, it does increase resistance which slows the bike down and increases pedal force requirements. In one example, I have about a 500 yd downhill run into a local park that is fairly steep (maybe 20 pct grade) and I can put 20% back on the battery in the short time it takes to run that hill. I do pedal as the faster I go (using PAS1), the more power that gets generated. I have a 30+ mile range using the 10.4 ah battery with no regen and don't currently ride more than 35 miles a day. More like 25 miles per day so well within the bike/battery comfort zone without regen.

I live in a somewhat hilly area so I could use regen more to increase range if I was so inclined. My new folder has a 14.5ah battery so should increase my base range accordingly. In August, I get a new ebike with two 15ah batteries on board (mid-drive, no regen) that will allow for 75 mile day rides (I belong to a shooting club that's about a 60 mile RT). That will be my max ride in the foreseeable future.

Hi there. Would anyone know if there's some special trick or button I don't know about to release the battery ? I unlock with the key, I grab the pull lever and it only comes out about an inch. From that point something is stopping it. I have emailed Eahora and you all the usual...ghost !!! THis bike is a bueat though. While I'm here I'll share a story about the Sondors bike. I was gonna get that until I found this deal. Nice looking, cute, etc, etc... I noticed no rear suspension. I messaged them and their response was "The fat tires provide suspension" OMG what a crock of #$%^. Not only did I pass on the 20 something hundred dollars but I felt an attempt to insult intelligence. Right... the fat tires are the suspension.... Nice day everyone.

Last edited:
Once you remove the key and make sure that the retaining button (under the latch) is now fully depressed (the key pops out or retracts that button) the battery should pull right out. Use the plastic handle on the battery to gently pull. Did you add something to the battery case to stop the rattle (see posts on this early on in this thread)? If not, it may be that the battery case is damaged and that is causing the battery to be stuck. Rattling battery is something that these in-frame battery ebikes suffer from. The fix is easy but you need to do it. My battery case had a cracked end cap due to the battery being loose in the frame.

Once you remove the key and make sure that the retaining button (under the latch) is now fully depressed (the key pops out or retracts that button) the battery should pull right out. Use the plastic handle on the battery to gently pull. Did you add something to the battery case to stop the rattle (see posts on this early on in this thread)? If not, it may be that the battery case is damaged and that is causing the battery to be stuck. Rattling battery is something that these in-frame battery ebikes suffer from. The fix is easy but you need to do it. My battery case had a cracked end cap due to the battery being loose in the frame.
Hey Thanks. I will heed your warning. Maybe I haven't been fully taking out the key before trying. DUH !!!! I will put padding as well.

Back