X7 discussion

no clue but the link above is the only group so far that’s accepted me to join, there is a bigger group but i’m still waiting for them to approve me
Please gIve us a link to the other group, as well, so we can all try to join that one, but it seems like we have a nice little group here already!

Finally got my UPS tracking number. Coming from Canada. Gets here to NYC by Tuesday. Can those who get their bikes before then let us know how UPS treated the crate ? Funny thing. I had surgery yesterday, bladder. Won't be able to lift or ride mine for 4 to 6 weeks. Bummer. Lol...

Yes. Like thus one? Kryptonite Kryptolok 12.7mm U-Lock with FlexFrame-U Bracket https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XCLTVPQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_EXA4EbDN1HRMB
RE: Locks and Security
Its a Universal Truth; there is no complete Security with locking your Bike; If someone wants it; that's it, they're gonna take it. Without Security, this means the best defense is Deterrence, and creating as much Inconvenience as possible. Thieves are quite bold & confident and they will steal your bike in front of everyone in broad daylight! That's why my first defense is going to be Insurance.

For my situation; my X7+ will be indoors in my apartment when not in use; and I anticipate only short "cafe stops" of grabbing a cup of coffee or water; maybe lunch. If longer, I will fold and "roll" it with me. I would love to see some DIY or after-market device to allow for ease of rolling (either pulling or pushing) of the folded bike. Something that would allow front/rear tires to line up perfectly parallel to roll, a latch or locking mechanism to keep it folded in position; and then maybe use handlebar riser to maneuver it.

I'm wondering if it might be best to lock the bike in the folded position, or would this leave the battery vulnerable to stealing & the elements (in spite of battery lock); and how big a U-Lock would that take?

TIP: Also, on the link you sent for Kryptolok by Kryptonite on Amazon.... its a know issue that some products have a number of fake or suspicious Reviews. I use ReviewMeta to further evaluate Reviews on Amazon; they have a web browser extension that lets you quickly evaluate Review History. Take a look at this Report on the Kryptonite Kryptolok: https://reviewmeta.com/amazon/B06XCLTVPQ?utm_source=extension&utm_content=chrome_v2.4

ReviewMeta isn't perfect, but its a great tool to help make qualified decisions based upon Reviews.

Finally got my UPS tracking number. Coming from Canada. Gets here to NYC by Tuesday. Can those who get their bikes before then let us know how UPS treated the crate ? Funny thing. I had surgery yesterday, bladder. Won't be able to lift or ride mine for 4 to 6 weeks. Bummer. Lol...
I believe the bikes are being shipped from Ontario Ca - USA not Canada. Just a quick FYI.

Its a Universal Truth; there is no complete Security with locking your Bike; If someone wants it; that's it, they're gonna take it. Without Security, this means the best defense is Deterrence, and creating as much Inconvenience as possible. Thieves are quite bold & confident and they will steal your bike in front of everyone in broad daylight! That's why my first defense is going to be Insurance.

For my situation; my X7+ will be indoors in my apartment when not in use; and I anticipate only short "cafe stops" of grabbing a cup of coffee or water; maybe lunch. If longer, I will fold and "roll" it with me. I would love to see some DIY or after-market device to allow for ease of rolling (either pulling or pushing) of the folded bike. Something that would allow front/rear tires to line up perfectly parallel to roll, a latch or locking mechanism to keep it folded in position; and then maybe use handlebar riser to maneuver it.

I'm wondering if it might be best to lock the bike in the folded position, or would this leave the battery vulnerable to stealing & the elements (in spite of battery lock); and how big a U-Lock would that take?

TIP: Also, on the link you sent for Kryptolok by Kryptonite on Amazon.... its a know issue that some products have a number of fake or suspicious Reviews. I use ReviewMeta to further evaluate Reviews on Amazon; they have a web browser extension that lets you quickly evaluate Review History. Take a look at this Report on the Kryptonite Kryptolok: https://reviewmeta.com/amazon/B06XCLTVPQ?utm_source=extension&utm_content=chrome_v2.4

ReviewMeta isn't perfect, but its a great tool to help make qualified decisions based upon Reviews.
One deciding factors on why I bought a folding bike. Easier to secure, transport and carry.

20200612_071140.jpg
Expensive as hell! But not all cells are made the same plus fast delivery compared to what I will find on alieexpress

One deciding factors on why I bought a folding bike. Easier to secure, transport and carry.
I had a tiny folding commuter ebike before this one (12" wheels!). Better than putting it on a rack, folding it and putting it into the trunk was perfect. With the X7, I can get it into the back row of my truck or car and jsut fold it slightly to fit right. Haven't tried the trunk - that could get tricky.

I was wondering everyone's opinion on the usefulness of Slime for puncture prevention or quick repair? Is it more practical than carrying a repair kit with spare inner tubes, patches and air pump?

I do like that the X7 folds so that if I get a flat tire anywhere near civilization, I can call an Uber or Lyft and put the bike in the trunk. Do we know if the x7 fits in most car trunks? Even a compact like a Prius?

A lot depends on where you live and any lock can be defeated. I have 2 of these locks and really like them. They match the look of the bike and I just keep them locked on the bike for easy use.

Master Lock Street Cuffs

Alright so I have ran into some problems. Missing a lot of screws and nuts. I can’t put the bike together. Not sure what to do.

Alright so I have ran into some problems. Missing a lot of screws and nuts. I can’t put the bike together. Not sure what to do.
Oh damn! Fortunately, the overall design is typical in basic bicycle design and should be easy to replace. I would contact Eahora straight away, but I don't think it would take too much to recover, should you need to either DIY or get it to a Bike Shop for help. I wish you every success! BTW, Look a couple of posts back and find the FaceBook Group link; should you choose to join and share your experiences there.

Back