X7 discussion

Good morning people.... well... it's June 8. Shouldn't I have at least received some type of communication about shipment of my X7 ? Has anyone out there received some type confirmation or notification? I've noticed that during previous campaigns Eahora was right on mark with this type of stuff... some even receiving emails before expected date. I have pretty much read this entire board and from what I can see Eahora is pulling some funny stuff. I am surprised to see that people are still getting damaged bikes. I beleive the shipping issue has to do with faulty packing practices, one would think they've addressed this by now. I have reached out to Eahora about this in the past and was told it was Fedex's fault. Me, personally ? When the Fedex guy gets here I will first inspect for exterior packaging damage and second open the crate to make sure I have the correct color I ordered. If there is an issue with any of those two I simply tape top of crate, refuse delivery, let Paypal do their magic and spend the few hundred extra on something else. I did not sign on to turn my kitchen into a bike shop...lol

Last edited:
Good morning people.... well... it's June 8. Shouldn't I have at least received some type of communication about shipment of my X7 ? Has anyone out there received some type confirmation or notification? I've noticed that during previous campaigns Eahora was right on mark with this type of stuff... some even receiving emails before expected date. I have pretty much read this entire board and from what I can see Eahora is pulling some funny stuff. I am surprised to see that people are still getting damaged bikes. I beleive the shipping issue has to do with faulty packing practices, one would think they've addressed this by now. I have reached out to Eahora about this in the past and was told it was Fedex's fault. Me, personally ? When the Fedex guy gets here I will first inspect for exterior packaging damage and second open the crate to make sure I have the correct color I ordered. If there is an issue with any of those two I simply tape top of crate, refuse delivery, let Paypal do their magic and spend the few hundred extra on something else. I did not sign on to turn my kitchen into a bike shop...lol
I ordered on June 4th and received my confirmation this morning, June 8th. Emailed a question about my tracking number and the color controller and received an immediate response. They expect FedEx to start shipping in 2 days. So far so good.

I ordered on June 4th and received my confirmation this morning, June 8th. Emailed a question about my tracking number and the color controller and received an immediate response. They expect FedEx to start shipping in 2 days. So far so good.
Well, I've received nothing. Just emailed support. Could you maybe copy and paste their response ? I'd like to know what they had to say.

Well, I've received nothing. Just emailed support. Could you maybe copy and paste their response ? I'd like to know what they had to say.

Dear friend:
Thank you very much for your purchase, we really value your business.
Firstly, this is a reminder.
Later, We will provide a tracking number for you.
We will ship your order within 2 days.
Now, we are just waiting for the carrier to pick up the packages.
Thus, please wait a few more times.

X7 Plus can be upgraded to the color display.
It will be reprogrammed first by our technical team. When you receive it, you can just switch it then it will work normally.
And the price is $99. If you decide to order it, I can send you an invoice email to help you order it.
Please let me know if you have further questions.

Eahora Service
www.eahoraebike.com

Thank you. It seems if they are ready to change the controller they haven't even packed it, or by ordering they will have to unpack ? This will delay it even longer. However if they're saying the bikes are ready to ship and at the same time quoting you for the monitor upgrade...kinda makes me smell a rat. Seems like they contradict themselves in that response. Lol... well, cross our fingers that we don't get seiously beat up bikes... thanks again.

Thanks for the update. A few questions:

1. Can you provide the model number of the motor? Is it supposed to be the 500W or 750W?
2. Is the controller the one with the 5 bar power display (with black background) or the 10 bar power display (with white background)?
3. Is there a rear tail light or just a reflector?
4. Did you get the Electronic Lock and Cruise Control features? If so, how do they work?

Thanks in advance, just ordered mine today, in Red! I plan to call this my first Tesla. My next will be a Model Y, in 2022, also in Red.

1. SY254820TK0045PS1 is the only number i could find on the actual motor, not sure how that translates to the 500W or 750W motor.
2. My bike has the 5 bar sidplay.
3. No tail light, just a reflector.
4. No lock or cruise control.

Re your Handlebar replacement
Hi! I'm a noob here from NYC and just placed order for X7 Plus for the post-June 8th 750W version. From your experience, did the handle bar replacement affect folding? When folded is it less compact than with stock handlebars? Thanks in advance for taking the time to respond and for sharing your experience!
When folding down the handlebars it does hit the frame a bit at the end - almost a complete fold, but it will depend on what kind of bar and how you have it angled. For me, I also replaced the handlebar neck with a clamping style that allows me to change the angle at any time. Works for the fold as well as change ups for comfort while riding different terrains/durations.

IMG_20200608_082405.jpg

Thank you. It seems if they are ready to change the controller they haven't even packed it, or by ordering they will have to unpack ? This will delay it even longer. However if they're saying the bikes are ready to ship and at the same time quoting you for the monitor upgrade...kinda makes me smell a rat. Seems like they contradict themselves in that response. Lol... well, cross our fingers that we don't get seiously beat up bikes... thanks again.
It appears that the upgraded color controller will not be on the bike but will be shipped separately for you to install. Looks like actual shipping and tracking numbers should be done by June 10th.

So here are the features I see from the picture of the color controller.

1. Battery power by percentage (from 1% to 100%) vs. 5 bar or 10 bar indicators (a nice plus)
2. Auto Headlight Sensor - presumably turns the light on when it gets dark (no big deal)
3. USB Port to charge your phone (a real plus)
4. ODO Mileage - just means Odometer, I believe,
5. Motor Power - maybe power usage by the motor? (Not sure how how useful this is)
6. Speed and PAS Level - (self explanatory)

Not too sure if visibility in sunlight will be better, worse or the same than the stock controller, but that is the first thing I woud need to determine if I were to buy one.

Here is the link to order one - https://www.eahoraebike.com/product...r-eahora-electric-bike?variant=32042592272480

1591635985316.png

Hello Guys! I'm new to this forum and my 1st time posting. Did any of you get a shipped message today? If yes how long from now to our doorstep? I ordered mine on the june 4th... I was very skeptical about this new 750w motor being a gimmick but they emailed me back and told me that the peak output is 1080w. That sounds very true if it is. They gotta work on their descriptions of models.

Hello Guys! I'm new to this forum and my 1st time posting. Did any of you get a shipped message today? If yes how long from now to our doorstep? I ordered mine on the june 4th... I was very skeptical about this new 750w motor being a gimmick but they emailed me back and told me that the peak output is 1080w. That sounds very true if it is. They gotta work on their descriptions of models.
hey glad you’re on here recognize your name from fb. yes got the shipped message today but no tracking number as of yet. that’s promising as long as base power is 750 i’ll be happy

So here are the features I see from the picture of the color controller.

1. Battery power by percentage (from 1% to 100%) vs. 5 bar or 10 bar indicators (a nice plus)
2. Auto Headlight Sensor - presumably turns the light on when it gets dark (no big deal)
4. ODO Mileage - just means Odometer, I believe,
5. Motor Power - maybe power usage by the motor? (Not sure how how useful this is)
6. Speed and PAS Level - (self explanatory)

Not too sure if visibility in sunlight will be better, worse or the same than the stock controller, but that is the first thing I woud need to determine if I were to buy one.

Here is the link to order one - https://www.eahoraebike.com/product...r-eahora-electric-bike?variant=32042592272480

View attachment 54832

The X7 Plus' upgraded "Key-Disp" color display seems to be the same unit found on the Rattan Fat Bear Plus, the RT918. I've included a few videos for you to see how bright or lack thereof the display is on a bright sunny day (you can't even read it).

Rattan seems to be the only other 20" fat tire folding ebike with motor regen (I-PAS / E-PAS) that I've come across. A lot of the components on the Rattan Fat Bear Plus are found on the X7 Plus such as the Logan hydraulic brakes (180mm discs), left-handed thumb throttle, Shimano 8 speed Altus derailleur, the hand grips, Loose Sulane crank / chainring, same battery form factor and a similar frame design.

The motor on the Rattan is a gear-less Reibok 500W 65NM motor with a peak output of 972W (48V system x 20.25A controller, if I'm not mistaken). I'd wager that Eahora is using the same Reibok motors. The Reibok motor part number from the KevCentral Rattan Fat Bear Plus (prototype) video is SY254820TH0061PS1. This nearly matches what saultrawks posted for his pre-June 2020 500W X7+ (SY254820TK0045PS1).

DSC08144_1__00000_1_c198623f-93af-40de-bb87-76c8498986ea_2048x.jpg

ebike_color_display_54d06bf8-1215-49a7-9b23-441eaf07b872_2048x.jpg

20200104181926_2048x.png

RATTAN RT918 INTELLIGENT LCD DISPLAY

$229.99 $299.99

Rattan RT918 Color Display compatible with Challenger Pro/ Plus and Fat Bear/Plus.

This kit includes a gorgeous ultra-thin, full-color liquid crystal display offering five levels of electric pedal assist, battery gauge, odometer, speedometer, USB charging port and back-lighting for better visibility day and night.

With this display, you can activate the regenerative features on Challenger Pro and Fat Bear.

With this intelligent color display, you will get all the information you need when you riding. Including battery power, current speed, pedal assist level, and travel distance. You can also use it to switch motor working modes and climb the hills more easily. When the battery start self-charging while you riding downhill, The charged amount will also be displayed on it.

Last edited:
I do like that it lets you monitor the regen changing and thus maximize its usefulness. Also Eahora is only charging $99 for it and Rattan is asking $229! As to visibility, the two videos that show the display are contradictory, with the first one complaining about daytime visibility and the second one saying it was good. I suspect the first one did not have the backlight turned up since the display looked very good on the second video.

Updated Features:

4. ODO Mileage - just means Odometer
5. Motor Power - lets you monitor power usage, including "negative power" used to charge the battery during regen operation
6. Speed and PAS Level - (self-explanatory)

Last edited:
Great. Where did the picture come from? I haven’t seen it on their website. How much extra was it? Will it come on the bike or will the bike ship with the standard controller and the upgrade shipped separately? Thanks.
It’s on their website in the Replacement Parts Tab. It cost $100 and will ship separately since the bike will ship with standard controller. I asked to have it pre-installed but they have limited techs at this time. Also, you Must contact them before you place the order for any parts or upgrades - the website is clunky. Thanx

Hey I ordered a x7 + last month and just got the message that it's shipped or will ship soon. I really can't wait. Like many of you I researched ebikes for weeks. The Eahora x7 + was the best bang for your buck. It all that I wanted and then some. Fat tire, folding, fenders, full suspension, 750w motor (supposedly), and the regen is a huge plus. After reading every post here, my only concern is the shipping. I would really like nothing to be damaged or missing. I'll try to let you all know when it arrives, hopefully by the end of the week.

Does it come with the newer colored LCD screen? or do I have to order that separately?

My bike is the one being shipped today (8th), so i'm not sure if it's the older screen.

Does it come with the newer colored LCD screen? or do I have to order that separately?

My bike is the one being shipped today (8th), so i'm not sure if it's the older screen.
You will receive the older screen. The color screen is an upgrade and must be ordered separately. Hopefully we all have favorable shipping and receiving stories to share!

X7 only comes in the monochrome version. you have to buy it separately as an accessory just like their big 14ah battery. They are very good with their communication so far. They respond to any questions in last than 12 hrs everytime I asked 1. Which is typically everyday.

Hey there everyone!

Happy to join the party - been reading along for weeks but now that our pre-orders have shipped, I figure it's time to crack one open. I've been trying to temper my expectations because of the high volume and consistency of folks saying that everything is great.. except the initial condition of the bike due to the poor packaging and handling during shipment. But honestly, I'm stoked and can't hide it. This is my first ebike and I live in an area pretty much made of hills. It will be a great test for this unit with the E-PAS system (and my legs).

My main fears going in are there being issues that I can't troubleshoot on my own / me trying to fix something and making it worse, but it's good to know there are people here that actually know what they're saying in terms of making repairs to the problems that have been discovered thus far. Like others, I will be documenting different parts of my experience and first impressions of the product to help others make an informed decision about buying the thing. I kind of sent it and pressed 'complete order' before doing a ton of research on this model.

So far, even after everything I've read, I still believe that it will be a wild and worthwhile ride.

Back