X7 discussion

I think their main issue is they have a new different new;y updated model with each generation and not enough marketing help to document it properly.

Damn, wish the 750w was available when I bought mine! Still happy with the 500w tho - it's plenty peppy enough for me.

I have 1050 miles on my X7 Plus and the 10ah battery is still going strong. I get 30+ miles @ 20 mph average from each charge without using regen (level 0 or 1). I would wait until battery replacement time and see what is available at that time. Frankly, getting a replacement battery on these small company bikes is one of my biggest concerns. I imagine there will be options as most are simply slightly different rebrands of the same basic Chinese made ebike.

My new daily rider will have 30ah of battery (actually 2 batteries) and a motor that will allow for 30+ mph cruising and 60-70 mile range. I will be using the folder for drive to destination riding as well as general family/friend use. I was able to test ride both the 750W and 1000W models and it was a revelation in terms of comfort, speed and range. It was an awesome eye opening experience that changed the way I view ebikes.

I have 1050 miles on my X7 Plus and the 10ah battery is still going strong. I get 30+ miles @ 20 mph average from each charge without using regen (level 0 or 1). I would wait until battery replacement time and see what is available at that time. Frankly, getting a replacement battery on these small company bikes is one of my biggest concerns. I imagine there will be options as most are simply slightly different rebrands of the same basic Chinese made ebike.

My new daily rider will have 30ah of battery (actually 2 batteries) and a motor that will allow for 30+ mph cruising and 60-70 mile range. I will be using the folder for drive to destination riding as well as general family/friend use. I was able to test ride both the 750W and 1000W models and it was a revelation in terms of comfort, speed and range. It was an awesome eye opening experience that changed the way I view ebikes.
Wow. @RMK! your new daily rider looks awesome. Are you still getting the Rattan XL/X combo unit?

Wow. @RMK! your new daily rider looks awesome. Are you still getting the Rattan XL/X combo unit?

Yes, the Rattan X and XL bikes should be in LA soon and so I will have the XL to compare to the X7 Plus. I ordered the 17 amp battery and front suspension options so I expect the 750W Rattan to be a stronger faster bike. I'm kinda fond of the X7 as she has been a good reliable bike for the over 1000 miles I've put on her in the last 3 months. It has been a godsend during C19.

That said, the test ride on the Bikonit MD1000 was so amazing it really got my attention. The XL will be fun to test and see how it compares to the X7 but once the MD1000 arrives in July, it will be my go to ebike. That makes 5 ebikes purchased since December. I know it seems excessive, but really my total spend for all of them is less than half the price of one good Jet Ski that I might use 5 times a year (see how I did that ;-).

But seriously, having 4 bikes for family and friends (our daughter in LA has the other Rattan X) to use will be cool but make no mistake, the MD1000 belongs to papi ...

Hi im Danilo from Italy ...and i have a x7 buyed few days ago.
The bike Is fantastic ! But give me an error on My display.... ERROR 25 ....
Can someone help me? What Is error 25?
can i solve It?

Thank u guys and thanks !

Last edited:
Seems like error 25 is related to abnormal brake operation. Check the brake lever connectors, check the wiring going to the controller, inspect for damage of wiring or brake levers, inspect brake lever movement is not blocked by something, unplug and plug brake connectors, make sure brakes work as expected.

Intelligent LCD meter for electric bicycle; Model: YL80C

Schedule 1: Error code definition table
Error code definition
21 Abnormal current
22 Abnormal throttle
23 Abnormal motor
24 Motor model is abnormal
25 Abnormal brake
30 Communication error

ONe thing that came up when serviced by a bike professional, it seems the rear fender isnt designed well enough for this bike to allow chain clearance for the lowest gear. We had to carve out a small notch in the fender for it to work right. So, the fender addition was likely a throw in without much consideration otherwise. Not a deal breaker for me, but another clue to this company still needing alot of improvement.

I'm not a fan of the current fenders and rack. The fenders don't look like they offer good coverage against splash back and the rack looks a little weak with no max weight rating. The rear rack is shown with what looks like a seat cushion but I'd likely never carry a passenger as it looks uncomfortable anyways. At best, I can only see maybe carrying a very small lightweight child. My only other comparison to this is my XP, which in my opinion offers a better fender/rack combo.

I ride everywhere with my bikes so a good set of fenders and a strong rack is a must! That said, I'm glad it at least comes with fenders and a rear rack even if they're not the best. I'm going to email them and ask if they can look into redesigning the fenders so they provide better coverage and ones that do not interfere with the chain. I'd also like to know what the max load capacity of the rear rack is and if it'd be possible to make it stronger.

xp fenders-rack.jpg
x7+ fenders-rack.PNG

I'm not a fan of the current fenders and rack. The fenders don't look like they offer good coverage against splash back and the rack looks a little weak with no max weight rating. The rear rack is shown with what looks like a seat cushion but I'd likely never carry a passenger as it looks uncomfortable anyways. At best, I can only see maybe carrying a very small lightweight child. My only other comparison to this is my XP, which in my opinion offers a better fender/rack combo.

I ride everywhere with my bikes so a good set of fenders and a strong rack is a must! That said, I'm glad it at least comes with fenders and a rear rack even if they're not the best. I'm going to email them and ask if they can look into redesigning the fenders so they provide better coverage and ones that do not interfere with the chain. I'd also like to know what the max load capacity of the rear rack is and if it'd be possible to make it stronger.

View attachment 53677
View attachment 53679
Yeah, the rack is a little weird. But, you can in fact slide the cushion part right off of it with a quick release mount thing and then customize it for a basket or something else. Rack is fairly strong for how it looks though. But I wouldnt trust my own weight on it.

So people that had a chance to ride the x7 and have ridden the lectric, is there a big performance difference and worth the extra 500?

Are the motors different in the x7 and x7 plus? I see conflicting info on their descriptions. Says up to 750w, does that mean it is not really a 750w motor?

Are the motors different in the x7 and x7 plus? I see conflicting info on their descriptions. Says up to 750w, does that mean it is not really a 750w motor?
Yes,

Fraid so, it's an oft used trick to market a 500W motor as capable of up to 750W so let's just call it a 750.
Nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more ...

So people that had a chance to ride the x7 and have ridden the lectric, is there a big performance difference and worth the extra 500?

I too would like to know the performance difference between these two ebikes and determine if its worth the extra $500.

On paper the X7+ seems like the clear winner over the XP but in real life that may not be true. I've owned my 500W Lectric XP since October 2019 and recently surpassed 1,124 miles so I may be able to provide a little bit of feedback. I plan on ordering a June 2020 X7+ (750W motor) soon.

PS - The Lectric XP has a peak motor output of 960W thanks in part to it's 20A controller albeit for only a few seconds. I'm curious to know what the 06/2020 X7+ is capable of.

Yes, according to Eahora the motors are infact different. The June 2020 X7+ will ship with a 750W motor instead of the usual 500W motor available in the standard or pro, or previous plus model. They've updated their website and Amazon listings to reflect this change. I would hope they're being honest about their performance metrics.

Well I finally did it. Ordered my first E Bike. I chose the X7 Plus in black. Now I am just hoping two things after reading the entries. 1-that it doesn't come beat up in the shipping process, I didn't sign on to be a mechanic lol... and 2 - I hope they get the color right. I see they've shipped people the wrong color... when in comes, before the Fedex guy leaves I will crack open the top and make sure it's black, if not he takes it back. The other thing is I asked them if I could just start out with the X7 Battery(48V/14Ah) instead of the usual 10Ah. Seems to be a better investment. I don't know why they didn't give me that option when ordering. :/
What are the motor specs on the x7 plus? Befang? Max torque? Nm?

Eahora support has been non-existent. Not getting back to me with my questions. Might as well order directly from China.

Virtually all of the many Chinese Ebike branders have poor to horrible customer support. It is the cost of getting a deal on a potentially good ebike. If you are someone who needs support there are better options but that support comes at a price. Either paying more for an equal component quality ebike or getting cheaper components. There are no free lunches and as Clint famously said, "A mans got to know his limitations". If you're not handy around the house and capable of basic bike maintenance, what the hell are you doing buying one of these?

Lectric has good customer service and have been very responsive. So has sonders. I'll give eahora a break, they are probably busy as hell. I just want to know the 750w motor specs, max torque, brand, etc. Someone said to stay away from bikes with mid shock absorber. Is this a legit concern?

Back