X7 discussion

Here it is

Attachments

• IMG_20200224_201942231.jpg
    IMG_20200224_201942231.jpg
    293.1 KB · Views: 653
Thanks for the update and bike pic. I like the black, that's what i ordered and got green :-\
You're very lucky with your 21 degrees and snow. I had to struggle through constant sunshine and 72 degrees today racking up another 25 miles in 1:15 with a 5 minute stop. Two bars left on the battery (all pedal assist, no throttle) and I'm up to 110 miles on the bike in the first week. Great exercise and a lot of fun to ride.

Just brapping around in throttle only in PAS 2 reminds me of a Trail 90 . The torque seemed best in PAS 2 for track standing and wheeling around .

72 degrees ! I can only imagine the suffering ! 😁

Me too. Looks like the defaults on my bike were already set to the US standards. Good to have this information in the toolkit. 135 miles and counting ...

Mine were US already too, I dont think Im going to mess with anything except putting a password on the controller which Im glad can be done.

Thanks, I'm glad the Eahora folks understood where these bikes were going and changed the controller defaults for the US market.

I'm up to 157 miles in a week of use and the Reibok motors regen feature is pretty cool. I rode 22 miles today and used approx 20% of the battery (1 bar). It went from 1 bar down, back to 5 bars several times during the ride. I was trying to do this and switched the PAS to 1 when going down hill but it was remarkably easy to re-charge the battery with some pedal effort. It seems like excellent tech with a tangible benefit for owners who are willing and able to pedal.

Assuming it ever arrives, the Rattan XL has a 750W motor and a 17ah battery with the same Reibok Regen technology. That should deliver great power and incredible range.

Last edited:
I agree, its by far my favorite feature. One day I’d like to run the battery basically dead, then go for a “workout” ride and see if I can charge it back up myself, or at least see how far I can get it up. Theres a downhill in my commute that easily puts 1, sometimes 2 bars back on alone. Crazy!

They sent me the manual finally!
I have the X5 and tried following the manual for setting the start up password and I can't seem to get it to work. The instructions just say where the menu option is and the default password is 1818, I asked the seller via Amazon for more detailed steps and they told me
"Press + or - key to select the number, press i key shortly to enter the next digit setting. After setting, press and hold the i key to confirm and save. "
And I have tried doing that, but it never seems to save any password I set, and inputting the default of 1818 also does nothing.
I can enter the menu for the password, it starts off as all zeros, and if I input 1818 (or anything else) pressing the i key once just starts back at the first digit, and a long press does back out of the menu, but never turn on any password requirement to start the ebike.
Is there a step I am missing? Or can anyone confirm how to turn on and set the start up password?

Not the worst manual I've ever seen but F-ing close. I have ventured in a couple of times but navigation via the manual is difficult. At this point I'm happy with the default's and no interest in changing anything including the PW. What could possibly go wrong with changing settings when you don't know what you're doing ...

I have the X5 and tried following the manual for setting the start up password and I can't seem to get it to work. The instructions just say where the menu option is and the default password is 1818, I asked the seller via Amazon for more detailed steps and they told me
"Press + or - key to select the number, press i key shortly to enter the next digit setting. After setting, press and hold the i key to confirm and save. "
And I have tried doing that, but it never seems to save any password I set, and inputting the default of 1818 also does nothing.
I can enter the menu for the password, it starts off as all zeros, and if I input 1818 (or anything else) pressing the i key once just starts back at the first digit, and a long press does back out of the menu, but never turn on any password requirement to start the ebike.
Is there a step I am missing? Or can anyone confirm how to turn on and set the start up password?
UPDATE: The company sent me an updated manual that shows the default password if 1212 (not 1818) and after inputting that password, it was able to change the setting.
Not the worst manual I've ever seen but F-ing close. I have ventured in a couple of times but navigation via the manual is difficult. At this point I'm happy with the default's and no interest in changing anything including the PW. What could possibly go wrong with changing settings when you don't know what you're doing ...
I eventually received a second, different manual from the company that is a closer match to the actual menu options. The default password in that one was 1212 and that did then let me turn on the password requirement and change the default password. However there are also a few menu options that it lists that don't exist in the actual menu. Or just don't work.

Attachments

• YL80C Manual x5.pdf
    642.7 KB · Views: 896
Hey guys - reading thru sounds like you have a winner here with the X7 apart from some manual documentation issues... I think I might pull the trigger myself but I have to wait for the X7 PLUS to be available again. I emailed them and they say next month it will be.

Their website leaves more to be desired since there is no main menu link to some other things I've found backdoor there, such as fenders and a rack. Weird. Also weird is I found their Canadian site and it DOES HAVE the PLUS ready for pre-order, but not the US site. Also, the Canadian site seems to have a totally different set of color choices! What they call white actually looks like a naked aluminum finish. Welp... anyone buy one from there? The pricing seems close to the same with CDN exchange rate to dollars. I wonder if they will even ship from that site to the US?

I really wanted something 750w, but can you guys confirm that you are totally happy with this 500w? I weigh about 200, so I am a bit worried. Thanks!

Im 195 with probably 15-20lbs and use for work commute everyday with big hills, and its been a champ! It easily and quickly gets up to 25mph with throttle, 31mph with lvl 3 assist. Things a beast! And battery regen is amazingly effective. Its like the Energizer bunny! Only thing Im left wanting are good fenders which Im still waiting on from them. I saw the Canadian site too when looking to buy, but with the preorder discount, free shipping and no tax it was cheapest on normal Eahora site. I’d definitely wait and get the Plus version! The 8th gear really makes top speeds easier, and hydro brakes are awesome. I almost went for the rattan XL but Im glad I didnt now.

Yeah, I looked at the rattan xl too, but I think i like the rear suspension better with the X7. And what looks like a 6'2" minimum rider height had me thinking it might be a bit too lanky for me. Thanks for the recap

Did you wind up getting that rack and did it work out for you? I see this one listed on the site for $60:

I have not received it yet, just reached back out to them on an update. With COVID-19 happening I’m not getting my hopes up for anything soon. I may try to get my own elsewhere in the meantime. I wonder if anyone else tried any other fenders/rack yet

I'm 6'5" 205 and the 500 Watt motor does struggle a bit getting up big hills. I am always pedalling so It's not really an issue. Yesterday I rode 30 miles (now have 260 miles on it), always in Pedal Assist 2 and 3 never trying to use regen and still had 2 bars left at the end of the ride. Wish the battery gauge was % rather than 5 bars. I have noticed some play in the head tube so I tightened it. That made it better but there is still a little play. Something to keep an eye on.

Thanks to ebikenerd for posting the new manual. It is as you say closer, to the XL Plus and all of the first sub menu settings seem to work. It was nice to confirm MPH vs KH and the wheel/tire size (24") The other sub menu defaults work for me so no need to change anything. I (mostly) ride on one of the most notable bike trails in CA (32 miles along the American River) and I'm always getting compliments and looks from other riders. Even the serious spandex road bikers will occasionally stare or comment. Lead rider in a fast moving pack of 6 said "nice bike" yesterday as he blew by me. He was on a $10K+ carbon fibre speed machine so I thought it was pretty funny getting a compliment from him on my little Chinese econo fat tire bike.

The Rattan XL is slightly bigger and will fit me better, has a 17ah battery option, a 750 watt motor and a nicer controller (percentage battery indicator) that should give me more power and close to double the X7's range. All else seems comparable between the 2 bikes. I can't say enough good things about ebikes. It has really fired me up to get out and ride nearly every day. Riding 30 miles at a steady but leisurely pace in well under 2 hours at my age (69 soon) is just cool ... :cool:

Thanks for that recap RMK!

Really wish they would offer up the Rattan X with the 750w - my 5'9" just not quite the right fit. IF they did, I'd likely be getting that. Maybe in the future, I can look at a 750w regen hub motor upgrade (or even 1000w!) for my X7 on my own if available.

Back