Winding a Bafang

Concretefeet

Region
USA
City
San Diego
So I have a bafang G06 750 (7). Burnt windings. I have 18g & 22g magnet wire. I want a top speed of 30mph and I can only use the above wire. I was going to coat the stator with permatex 500 degree epoxy. What are your guys thoughts on this? Does the epoxy have what it takes to keep the windings away from the laminations? 500 degrees imperial is pretty hot and I don’t hear of motors hitting this unless windings are smoked anyways. If this is just waiting to fail, I also have Kaptan tape I was thinking would work also. I think the OEM insulating stuff wastes too much space. I know what fishpaper is and that’s kinda thick also. I have silicone fiberglass wire sheaths for the exposed wires. I don’t know what the ribbon fabric used for securing windings and circuit board is. OH YEAH, I’ve got a Juiced RCS, the stock 27amp controller…52v 19.2ah.. I’m leaving something out and I know it… cant remember… Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also the only reason I’m stuck using the gauge wires above is because I have 10 pounds of each..

Last edited:
So I have a bafang G06 750 (7). Burnt windings. I have 18g & 22g magnet wire. I want a top speed of 30mph and I can only use the above wire. I was going to coat the stator with permatex 500 degree epoxy. What are your guys thoughts on this? Does the epoxy have what it takes to keep the windings away from the laminations? 500 degrees imperial is pretty hot and I don’t hear of motors hitting this unless windings are smoked anyways. If this is just waiting to fail, I also have Kaptan tape I was thinking would work also. I think the OEM insulating stuff wastes too much space. I know what fishpaper is and that’s kinda thick also. I have silicone fiberglass wire sheaths for the exposed wires. I don’t know what the ribbon fabric used for securing windings and circuit board is. OH YEAH, I’ve got a Juiced RCS, the stock 27amp controller…52v 19.2ah.. I’m leaving something out and I know it… cant remember… Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also the only reason I’m stuck using the gauge wires above is because I have 10 pounds of each..
You might try posting to endless sphere, if you haven't already. That site is much more technically orientated.
You might think about liquid cooling your motor, there is a lot of information on that subject on that site. ( you can really over amp your motor safely with liquid cooling).

You might try posting to endless sphere, if you haven't already. That site is much more technically orientated.
You might think about liquid cooling your motor, there is a lot of information on that subject on that site. ( you can really over amp your motor safely with liquid cooling).

DUDE! Huge THANK YOU. You’re right. I have been coiling wires all morning. Haven’t decided what to do exactly.. I appreciate the heads up and will do a follow up after with pics. Cause, why not? lol. One mod that I did do which makes my RCS look insane is I changed spokes to 10g.. Being a noob to all this, I didnt realize that 10g was made for Motos. Lol. talk to you soon.

DUDE! Huge THANK YOU. You’re right. I have been coiling wires all morning. Haven’t decided what to do exactly.. I appreciate the heads up and will do a follow up after with pics. Cause, why not? lol. One mod that I did do which makes my RCS look insane is I changed spokes to 10g.. Being a noob to all this, I didnt realize that 10g was made for Motos. Lol. talk to you soon.
Actually upon review, it's "oil filed" that gives the best search results on endless sphere. specifically ATF fluid.

Best Advice I’ve gotten! ATF? Makes sense. High Heat tolerant fluid that wicks away the heat from my overboard throttle finger. Ha.
It must get old, seeing people like myself that just want to go fast and be damned what happens.
What’s crazy is what happens when you crash at 20mph and above.. No joke. Have a great night and thanks for the great tip!

Best Advice I’ve gotten! ATF? Makes sense. High Heat tolerant fluid that wicks away the heat from my overboard throttle finger. Ha.
It must get old, seeing people like myself that just want to go fast and be damned what happens.
What’s crazy is what happens when you crash at 20mph and above.. No joke. Have a great night and thanks for the great tip!
yeah, I enjoy a 33 mph run once in a while too. The thing with the ATF is to use it sparingly, so as not to impede the rotation of the motor. Just enough so that it splases on the windings then drips down to the shell, transferring heat in the process.

yeah, I enjoy a 33 mph run once in a while too. The thing with the ATF is to use it sparingly, so as not to impede the rotation of the motor. Just enough so that it splases on the windings then drips down to the shell, transferring heat in the process.
What makes this tip so simple for all of us wanting to push our sealed gear hub motors, is it’s getting to the source of all of our problems. HEAT. And it’s MIGRATION. As of yet there really isn’t a better solution except opening up the entire assembly to open air. Lol. ATF is perfect for this problem. Thanks again.

Yeah, no problem, just be sure to read thru the post because there are issues with leakage and how to prevent it, solved in the posts. You will probaly want to drain the first batch of ATF after a few miles as it will become mixed with the grease on the gears, which will make it pretty thick.
Good luck and keep up informed on your progress !

Back